Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Nokia N9: Reviews, Issues, Tips, Tricks & Support Thread

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

[OFFICIAL THREAD] Nokia N9: Reviews, Issues, Tips, Tricks & Support Thread

The phone is finally here. Here is the thread to do all things N9 with.
    Nokia N950

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 & Nokia Lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    Let us know what's the easiest way to get this baby in the US
    iPhone 6 @ cricket (Bay Area, California)

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Glavata View Post
    Let us know what's the easiest way to get this baby in the US
    There is none really. I got mine from the Australia and it was the most I've ever paid for a phone.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    so...
    like...
    how is it....?
    in da hood we say "don't drink & drive, park & sip"

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twofaze View Post
    so...
    like...
    how is it....?
    Everyone from Nokia hyped this phone up like no tomorrow... they were right it is that amazing of a phone.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    So did yours come in yet? Are you going to post a review? Mind telling us how much you paid for it?

I have a relative going to Asia this month and he has a stopover in UAE, so I'm debating on asking him to pick it up for me there if the price is reasonable for early adopter prices haha.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwindexe View Post
    So did yours come in yet? Are you going to post a review? Mind telling us how much you paid for it?

I have a relative going to Asia this month and he has a stopover in UAE, so I'm debating on asking him to pick it up for me there if the price is reasonable for early adopter prices haha.
    Yes it did. Yes in time... I paid the most I've ever paid for a cell phone for the N9, but I wanted the 64GB one. It's not worth it to pick it up as an early adopter. I am one, but I don't think others should be. If you have an N8, you can wait till prices drop.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I traded someone my N8 for an iphone 4 because they were desperate for 3G on tmobile. So I'm only holding onto the ip4 until the N9 steps into my range. I want a 64gb too so maybe I will wait as well. Maybe early next year?

What color did you get? I was originally only set on black but after seeing the cyan in reviews and pics, it's growing on me. So I wouldn't rule it out down the road if the price was right.

Thanks!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I traded someone my N8 for an iphone 4 because they were desperate for 3G on tmobile. So I'm only holding onto the ip4 until the N9 steps into my range. I want a 64gb too so maybe I will wait as well. Maybe early next year?

What color did you get? I was originally only set on black but after seeing the cyan in reviews and pics, it's growing on me. So I wouldn't rule it out down the road if the price was right.

Thanks!
    Black... Btw, I have an Iphone 4 here too, I can't bring myself to use it. Such a boring phone.

Carrier(s)
    mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the n950, Nokia sent it to me to make some open source apps. It's taking a while because I have to learn QML and make a nice interface for it, and it's not a simple job to get that talking to the c++ part of my app
    But I just wanted to let you guys know that a lot more apps will be showing up soon, not only did Nokia send out a huge amount of those developer devices to people and companies, but they doing something else that they told me not to talk about. I think it's pretty dumb they don't want us to talk about something that will result in a large amount of apps being released before the end of the year. Wouldn't they sell more phones if people knew that Nokia was actually trying pretty hard to get more developers writing apps?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    I have the n950, Nokia sent it to me to make some open source apps. It's taking a while because I have to learn QML and make a nice interface for it, and it's not a simple job to get that talking to the c++ part of my app
    But I just wanted to let you guys know that a lot more apps will be showing up soon, not only did Nokia send out a huge amount of those developer devices to people and companies, but they doing something else that they told me not to talk about. I think it's pretty dumb they don't want us to talk about something that will result in a large amount of apps being released before the end of the year. Wouldn't they sell more phones if people knew that Nokia was actually trying pretty hard to get more developers writing apps?
    Have you played with a Nokia N9? If so which do you feel is better, the N950 or the N9 and why?

Carrier(s)
    mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wish I could get my hands on an n9, but I'm in Canada so the only way I will get one is if I pay someone to mail it to me, or if Nokia will send me one for writing more apps.
    N950 is really good for me because it's much thinner than the n900, and I prefer a hardware keyboard, but it seems like the keyboard is not needed. The virtual keyboard is pretty good, they added enough symbols to use the terminal properly, and it seems to be accurate and customizable. Plus the hardware keyboard means the device is not as strong as the n9, and the paint on the n950 is easy to scratch. I have to be very careful with it. Since it's such a rare device it is hard to find screen protectors and a case for it. Nokia still hasn't provided us with a final version of the firmware so it's missing stuff like msn chat and skype, and I'm sure this beta firmware must have other problems too. It has half the ram of the n9 and when it gets low it becomes impossible to use. Also is missing the NFC so I am stuck with only 5 levels of angry birds unless I figure out how to hack it. I heard the screen is more 'black' on this one though. Maybe better for movies? Battery is easier to replace (still hard) and I didn't need to get a micro-sim for it. It's pretty nice but I think I will try to get an n9.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
    Black... Btw, I have an Iphone 4 here too, I can't bring myself to use it. Such a boring phone.
    Glad you feel the same way. I only did the trade knowing I was going to get rid of it for an N9. So I just have to wait until the time is right I guess. Believe me, I'm bored too. Didn't even update to iOS5... don't really care, will do it when an untethered jb is available I guess.

I'm glad to hear that app production will continue to be encouraged by Nokia. The dev community will be great as well. Can't wait to see what the "news" is you're referring to. We'll probably find out at Nokia World?

The N900 was probably my favorite phone to use and I would probably still have one if I could use it with 3G on AT&T. It seems like the N9 is a good improvement and while I do like hardware keyboards... as long as the on-screen keyboard is bearable I will be happy. I've seen some reviews where it does look like it's decent.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Glad you feel the same way. I only did the trade knowing I was going to get rid of it for an N9. So I just have to wait until the time is right I guess. Believe me, I'm bored too. Didn't even update to iOS5... don't really care, will do it when an untethered jb is available I guess.

I'm glad to hear that app production will continue to be encouraged by Nokia. The dev community will be great as well. Can't wait to see what the "news" is you're referring to. We'll probably find out at Nokia World?

The N900 was probably my favorite phone to use and I would probably still have one if I could use it with 3G on AT&T. It seems like the N9 is a good improvement and while I do like hardware keyboards... as long as the on-screen keyboard is bearable I will be happy. I've seen some reviews where it does look like it's decent.
    I thought when moving from the N900 to the N8 would be horrible. Now from the N8 to the N9, it's an amazing move. A few developers from the N950 have said they don't use the hardware keyboard anymore because the virtual keyboard is that good. I agree with this.

Device(s)
    N9 & N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Samanosuke, do you still use your N8? If so how do you switch back and forth since the N9 uses a micro-SIM while the N8 uses a regular one? Is there some kind of adapter?

I ask because I may be getting one soon. A relative of mine in Europe is trying to track one down for me. I'd still like to keep the N8 around for occasional use but I have no idea how to do that with a micro-SIM.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast