View Poll Results: Which one would you get?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samsung Nexus Prime

19 55.88%
  • HTC Rezound (Vigor)

4 11.76%
  • Motorola Droid Razr

11 32.35%
  • None of these. (What else are you considering?)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Samsung Nexus Prime vs HTC Rezound (Vigor) vs Motorola Droid Razr

Device(s)
    BB 9930
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    No. There are a number of non-LTE phones that are "world phones". 3G only, of course.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk
    Apparently my choices are Droid 3, or Inrcedible 2 or Droid Pro (but I think it's discontinued) or HTC Trophy (windows).

I might go wtih Droid 3 to get a keyboard

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The bigger processor in the Rezound may not make much difference. HTC's sense uses some resources. The Nexus, at 1.2GHz, may even be faster because it doesn't have to lag a huge UI around all the time.

Nonetheless, no removable SD card in the Nexus is a serious shortcoming for me. Razr looks to be the best option if I had to pick.

Sent from my ADR6400L using HowardForums
    Hangin out.....

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    one reason i am lookin at the GN over the other two is the lack of the bottom 4 buttons. 5 mp cam is good enough for a phone, and other than that the big difference is sdcard slot or all in one storage.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistemojorizin View Post
    i need to see how well the pentile will work on the nexus. the htc is also gonna be HD and have 1.5 ghz and 8mp camera. it'll be tough to weight that against the ICS alone. Does ICS even matter if you're going to root and flash the phone? The HD screen was a big draw for me, but I am very sensitive to that cross-thatching effect i've seen on some other phone.

Device(s)
    enV2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    looks like the 1.2 in the nexus is actually faster than the 1.5 in the rezound b/c of the processors' respective architechtures. also, the nexus is probably overclockable. but lack of sd card....
    ---Mr.MojoRisin'

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The only time I removed the SD from my Droid was to make a full back up of the card.
    I am sure with the Nexus this will be psbl with a USB cable.
    Plus I have yet to get close to 16GB of use, so not having access to a card is not a big deal to me.

Interesting about the comments on the processor speed- so guess bigger/larger not necessarily faster.

I was leaning towards the Razr, but what I am reading on the Razr is its a tad wider than the Nexus. The Nexus is a tad longer than the Razr. Originally when I heard the Nexus was 4.65 inch screen I was thinking the Nexus would be really noticable in size. Seems not.

Cant' wait to hold both and decide.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    After several days I am pretty happy with my Rezound. I wish it was smaller, but other that that its fast, does simultanious voice and data on 3G, and has plenty of power. When I go somewhere covered by LTE the network speed is amazing. There are a few little irritations, like the buttons being hard to find, but I am getting used to that.

I replaced a Droid, and now people can actually understand what I am saying. Big plus!

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've heard that traditionally motorola uses stronger radios (better reception), I wonder how these 3 stack up in reception?

Device(s)
    Moto Z6c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostcell View Post
    I've heard that traditionally motorola uses stronger radios (better reception), I wonder how these 3 stack up in reception?
    this has been my understanding as well, in addition to my personal experience. any more input from users on reception quality on these 3 models?

will the razr and rezound be comparable to the Nexus in operation once they are upgraded to ICS as well?

Then I also have to consider the iphone 4s which I have no idea what reception will be like.

Whatever I get it will be my first smarphone.

I'm first and foremost concerned as the device functioning as a PHONE. I'm business professional and couldn't care less about the music player, camera, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2