• iPhone 4S

8 34.78%
  • Galaxy S II

12 52.17%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4S vs Galaxy S II vs HTC Amaze

Feedback Score

Question iPhone 4S vs Galaxy S II vs HTC Amaze

so If we're looking at these 16gb phones, which one is better? I really don't care about 3/4G but all 3 phones have 1080p cameras and 8mp.

1) frontal camera on android phones is only 2mp, what is it on the latest iPhone?

iPhone has Siri, which is cool to play with (blah blah blah) - don't care about it.

Which 16gb phone is relatively better in specs? Which one has a better microphone? I have Nexus S and its mic really sucks, I can't film anything during concerts because noise is all it will record. any iPhone will record videos with sound in loud conditions way better. that's my another concern.

I dont care about thousands of apps, and have no preference between android and iOS.

price isn't a problem. I will be able to sell my other phone and add $200 to get iPhone 4S, and Galaxy S II and HTC amaze are $200 too, so that makes no difference to me.

So, specswise , which one is better? what other features do they have?
    marketing agents treat people as dumbasses by selling products with slogans like "best phone, it does everything you want, very easy, all of your apps, blah blah blah"

whats actually important inside that makes these phones better compared to each other?
    Thanks!

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Front camera on iPhone 4S is only VGA (same as iPhone 4) or 0.3MP.
    iPhone XS Max | OnePlus 6
    www.blueearlbrewing.com

Feedback Score
    so which phone is better and why?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4[S]
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular(#1) Verizon(crap) Tmobile(#2)
    Feedback Score
    4[S] is better. Why?

-Higher res screen more realistic/accurate colors

-Smoother OS due to proper hardware acceleration

-Better build quality as GS2 is cheap plasticky build quality

-Higher quality applications vs. it's android counterparts

-Better feel in the hand GS2 feels uncomfortable with its thin, wide & tall body

-I personally think the uniform size of apps/icons in iOS looks a lot cleaner and visually appealing then the random sized/shaped android icons(my opinion)

I must've bought and sold the SG2 two or three times I really tried to give it a chance too.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeL View Post
    4[S] is better. Why?

-Higher res screen more realistic/accurate colors

-Smoother OS due to proper hardware acceleration

-Better build quality as GS2 is cheap plasticky build quality

-Higher quality applications vs. it's android counterparts

-Better feel in the hand GS2 feels uncomfortable with its thin, wide & tall body

-I personally think the uniform size of apps/icons in iOS looks a lot cleaner and visually appealing then the random sized/shaped android icons(my opinion)

I must've bought and sold the SG2 two or three times I really tried to give it a chance too.
    I agree with all of the above except for the build quality. Here take a look at this: http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/10/17/ip...op-test-video/

I also owned the GS2 but didn't like it. I kept going back to iphone. Im thinking of checking out the Amaze hopefully that one will be smooth.
    ~RELLE~

Feedbacks
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=303490

Device(s)
    Nexus One, Droid Incredible, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO Pacific (HSDPA);
    Feedback Score
    I would take the Galaxy S2 here.

Screen just owns. No comparison. Absolutely. No need to make excuses.

Battery life is the best of the three phones. iPhone 4S battery consumption is bad, like Amaze 4G bad.

Most robust of the group. We know this phone can be dropped, even on its face, and keep on ticking. IP4S would crack. Metal construction of the Amaze 4G likely to leave deep gash marks, although I expect it to survive.

Best camera of the group. Arguably. The Amaze camera is also wonderful. iPhone 4S camera is no slouch either. Either way, with any of the three, you will be happy with your camera.

However, I would say I would go with the Galaxy Nexus over all of them.
    I am @guamguy on Twitter.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post

However, I would say I would go with the Galaxy Nexus over all of them.
    I'm not fond of the on screen buttons. They just look like an afterthought.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO Pacific (HSDPA);
    Feedback Score
    They are the same buttons on Honeycomb, which is the tasking tray, Home button and the return button. One brings you back to the last menu or app from your current page or app, one brings you directly to the Home screen, and one brings up all your most recently used apps. They are very good in managing and speeding your workflow.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I prefer a physical home button like the International Galaxy S II.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO Pacific (HSDPA);
    Feedback Score
    That's what I have on my Galaxy S2, which is international.

I like physical buttons. They give you feel. On the other hand, they are also points of potential mechanical failure.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Having used both extensively... well, it depends.

I personally use the iPhone 4S now. Because of how lean iOS is, it feels faster overall. The screen is small, but it's more pocketable and super sharp. Battery life? Turn off Siri's Raise to Speak option and don't let it sync too much on 3G.

The camera is just a bit better than on te Galaxy S II, but it's noticeable. Good depth of field effects and very accurate colours. Nice 1080p video output, too.

Galaxy S II: very nice display, but lower resolution. Surprisingly solid battery life. Fast, but there's just that slight bit of inherent Android lag, and the iPhone benches faster overall.

It's camera is generally good as well, but it feels more like a phone camera. It's not quite as sharp or as balanced. Very good video, however.

The gist is that the Galaxy S II is awesome, but there's those little points of difference that make me pick the iPhone. Not all about raw numbers.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelian View Post
    [...]
    The gist is that the Galaxy S II is awesome, but there's those little points of difference that make me pick the iPhone. Not all about raw numbers.
    You post is a very good summary. I used the original iPhone and frankly, the biggest drawback that I found was the necessity of using iTunes to load media onto it. I spent a lot of frustrating time trying to get home movies onto it, and could never figure out what I did right when it did work. The Nexus S is great, but I am looking forward to seeing if "Android lag" is gone from the browser with the Ice Cream Sandwich firmware. The native email app is also buggy and will hopefully benefit.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    You post is a very good summary. I used the original iPhone and frankly, the biggest drawback that I found was the necessity of using iTunes to load media onto it. I spent a lot of frustrating time trying to get home movies onto it, and could never figure out what I did right when it did work. The Nexus S is great, but I am looking forward to seeing if "Android lag" is gone from the browser with the Ice Cream Sandwich firmware. The native email app is also buggy and will hopefully benefit.
    My understanding from those that have used the Galaxy Nexus is that the lag isn't entirely gone - that's almost inherent to the way Android is, since it's translating code all the time and doesn't have a whole lot of the interface acceleration that iOS does.

Feedback Score

G2x now by LG?

what do you think of G2X by LG for t-mobile? It will cost me $100, it has a 1080p camera and hdmi out + dual core proc.
    What's your guys' call? Now I'm leaning towards that phone

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO Pacific (HSDPA);
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    If the "lag" is anything like on the Galaxy S2, then it's going to be pretty good.

The Honeycomb browser is much faster than the Gingerbread browser, based on benchmarks alone --- up to 2x faster --- and if ICS further improves on the Honeycomb browser, it will be much better.

Generally among the Android phones, Samsung has the most built in optimizations on the browser --- zooming and panning on the Galaxy S2 is just incredible.

Note on Sunspider, the native Webkit on the Galaxy S2 would reach 3200-3500, but the Safari browser on the iPad would reach around 2100. Lower is better. Yet on the Xoom, which is Android 3.0, the browser would reach around 2200, which shows you the tremendous speed difference between the Gingerbread and Honeycomb browsers.

But to show you how fast the raw hardware of the Xoom is, using Firefox 8, the browser would reach 1800 --- faster than the iOS browser. The Galaxy S2 --- a blistering 1400 with Firefox.

On Browsermarks, the Galaxy S2 would reach 52000, the iPad 2 would reach 89,000, the Acer Iconia A500, 87000, and the Xoom up to 93,000. In this case, higher is better. How fast is this? The WP7 browser is only in the four digits, and Mango is still under 30,000. I tested IE9 on a Windows 7 netbook with an Intel Atom 570 and got around 77000.

Should note that Apple tends to optimize their browsers for Sunspider, while Google optimizes their browsers for the V8 benchmar. There is no question if you run iOS browsers vs Google browsers on V8, the Google browsers would dominate by a large margin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast