Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 8 Years on HoFo

Feedback Score
    same here. my heart was in my mouth when i first flashed a phone as if my life depended upon it not going belly up.
    haha i remember about the memory - i had about 12mb (or maybe a bit less) and i thought it was a huge. must of being able to fit at least a whole 4 mp3 ringtones on there hehe.

that page was like a bible for everyone in the moto hacking community. i had a look in the moto forum before, and many of the old hackers haven't been on for years.
    hope the wife was ok with that

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It's been over 10 years now I think for me, but I stopped checking in often maybe 4 or 5 years ago at least. I used to post 5 or more posts a day. How the times have changed. Cheers, HoFo!
    My Plan:
    Simple Choice Unlimited Talk + Text + Web
    Line 1: Unlimited 4G Data + 500 MB HotSpot
    Line 2: 2.5 GB 4G data/HotSpot

ALIQVA LOCVTIO DEMENS LATINA IN TRANSVERSVM SCRIPTA

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    can i still get a shirt?

The Beaver Fever, Catch It!!

B/S/T Stuff

WTB: Nexus One

Email = [UserName]@gmail.com

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverLiquor View Post
    can i still get a shirt?
    Sure! PM me your info.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    VZDub
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid View Post
    I remember sweating bullets as I was afraid of bricking that RAZR. When the custom bootup logo and splash screen came up, I was relieved. I had a whole 12mb of free space on that phone. That was a lot!!!

I remember that page you posted. I remember searching for SEEM edit guides and lists of what every single function did. I remember using my phone as a guinea pig, and then loading all the stuff on my wife's RAZR.
    Sometimes I miss those days... then I remember how little I could do with that RAZR.

Good times, though.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    10 years back in February.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    6610, T39mc, 6590(2nd)
    Carrier(s)
    ¡¯¡E¡ï¢X¡O¡¸~FIDO ~¡¯¡E¡ï¢X¡O¡¸
    Feedback Score
    more than 10 years. did a few buy and sell on this forums too made some good frds!
    came back once a while check for more update cellphone info used to change phone every 2~3 mths been stick with my iphone4 for the longest time now lol
    FS: MINT 3390 UNLOCKED CHEAP!
    feel free to PM me for more details

My HoFo Feedback!

My Ebay Feedback!
    <--CUTE! <--FUNNY!

Last edited by kenken325 on 12-04-2003 at 00:21

Device(s)
    sammy u740
    Feedback Score
    wow... made me wonder how long i've been a member.... nearly 6 years..

Device(s)
    OnePlus One 64GB, ZenFone2 4GB+64GB, Nexus 5 & 4, iPhone 4/4S. HTC Magic, Samsung D900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers LTE GSM
    Feedback Score
    :::

Woo... I can't believe I am already a HoFo Member for 10 years.
    I feel like just few years only...!

I am still checking here from time to time....

:::
    ====
    ◊ My Mini HoFo FeedBack ◊ (Click)
    ====
    .:: Samsung - Photo of the Day ::.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=7935855

-:: T610 Enhanced Wallpaper for the Day ::-
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=198042

====

Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That seem editing guide brings back a lot of memories. I can still remember the first time I did an edit to my V600 and turned the volume way up on it. It was so fun doing that stuff. The Motorola thread was constantly packed with new edits and different things people had tried out on their phones. I remember thinking that this was the coolest thing ever. I wish stuff like that could be done with today's phones. I know you can jailbreak and and do custom ROM's but its not the same. You could literally tweak every little aspect of the phone you wanted to by changing some binary code in the phone.

Thinking about this thread I went and looked deep into my photobucket pictures and found the pic below that someone made for me to use as a signature in my posts. LOL, I was way too into phones back then (although I still love them).

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    3 more months until I hit 8 years. Just came back to take a look at how things are here. It's pretty dead compared to the old days.

I think howard broke up the forum a little too much. I can go Smartphones > Android > Samsung then go to non-smartphones > Samsung and see similar discussions on ICS. I think all the sub categories in Android should go away. There just isn't enough posting activity to warrant all the sub categories.

Plus the Quick Reply text area doesn't work on my IE8. But it's working on my old FireFox
    Currently writing for FeedingMobile
    My Reviews: HTC One, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S7

Looking for a new unlocked phone? Check out the Smartphone Buyer's List

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by howard View Post
    For everyone who requested a Tshirt and hasn't gotten yet I apologize. I'll be sending them out this week.

Got my Tshirt today Howard, i appreciate the gesture.

i will wear it proud this summer long without taking it off once!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
    3 more months until I hit 8 years. Just came back to take a look at how things are here. It's pretty dead compared to the old days.
    i was thinking that. the lounge used to be heaving but it's dead these days.

I think howard broke up the forum a little too much. I can go Smartphones > Android > Samsung then go to non-smartphones > Samsung and see similar discussions on ICS. I think all the sub categories in Android should go away. There just isn't enough posting activity to warrant all the sub categories.
    i couldn't agree more!!
    the android section should not be split into various manufacturers and then split further down into phones - as you quite right say, there isn't anywhere near enough activity for this to be worthwhile. also, phones are very transitory and so each subforum because virtually redundant after a few months.

at the moment, there shouldn't need to be any subforums within the android section, for example. then all the new posts can be seen at a glance. the way things are at the moment is almost certainly putting off new or potential members because it's such a absolute mess.....and it's not just the android forum - that's just an example. it's the entire forum. it needs to be 'unravelled' and simplified so there isn't so many deeply set nooks and crannies. there are dead people out there in the subforums that got lost and not been able to see the light again.
    Last edited by GeminiIII; 04-30-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Just received my shirt yesterday. Thank you Howard!!
    Current Device: Apple iPhone 5S
    Space Grey - 32GB

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 9790, iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've been around here for 8 years too.

I don't really remember why I joined here, but I used to change phones like every 2-3 months when I was an active user here. Now I change my phone only when they start to break lol. I learned to hack phones, unlock phones, do different kind of things with my phones from this site.

I still remember some of your usernames, good old days. What happen to the interface? somehow I like the old one better lol, it's very distinct from other forums. Does anyone have screenshot of the old interface and HoFo logo?
    Cingular Wireless (11/02-1/03), AT&T Wireless (1/03-4/03), SprintPCS (2/03-8/03), Verizon Wireless (4/03-6/05), Nextel (5/04-5/05), and T-Mobile (6/05-present).

HOFO Feedback
    DeviantArt

My 1000th posts - December 8, 2005 at 6:48PM

Joined 2000 club - November 22, 2006 at 7:45AM

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast