Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Does boost mobile offer truly unlimited data usage?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtrip View Post

This thread isn't about opinions... it's about what is and isn't allowed. What is allowed is what you can get away with... what isn't allowed is what is against the rules, that are set in stone (or ink).

I don't see why any useless arguing or bickering is needed.
    It is about opinions, at least now it is. As for as what Boost allows... apparently they allow tethering, because they aren't enforcing their TOS at all, that we've ever heard of reported on this forum or others. And yes, that does matter...unless you are the moral police that is. In situations like this, I've found being the moral police isn't very worthwhile....

In response to the part in bold, many of you posting here doing just such bickering won't be needed anymore. As I said, many have made their opinions clear, there is no longer a need to post and argue what you believe to be right or wrong. If people want to post what answer they were given when they asked a Boost rep (whether in store or over the phone), they are welcome to. If users want to share their opinions on the topic who have not done so already, they are welcome to as well. What this thread simply doesn't need more of it people regurgitating what they've said numerous times, regardless of whether they think they are right or wrong.

Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

deathtrip Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
    As for as what Boost allows... apparently they allow tethering, because they aren't enforcing their TOS at all, that we've ever heard of reported on this forum or others.

My opinion is... that is very misleading, incorrect, and misguided information.

1, they've removed all abilities to tether from their phones, meaning they have done what they can to enforce the TOS.
    2, to enable tethering requires hacks to their phone's and Sprint dumbphone's data parameters, or using Sprint smart phones that have the ability to change the method of connecting via registry edits (ie hacks)

Sent from my PC36100
    Last edited by deathtrip; 11-13-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Feedback Score
    This is repeated disrespect to the forum MOD. You should get a warning for that!

Oh, nice edit.
    Putting the phone you want on the service you pay for is not a crime. No one has ever been convicted of it!
    No one has ever been convicted of talking about it either!

If you think I helped, please Click the star below. Unfortunately there is no "you're an idiot" button yet, but you can PM me!
    | | |
    VVV

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My opinion is... that is very misleading, incorrect, and misguided information.

Sent from my PC36100
    And yet what I stated is also factually true, though.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The point is... who cares if they violate the TOS? People should be allowed to talk about it. Morality isn't the main function of the forum. Facilitation of conversation is.

Feedback Score
    1, they've removed all abilities to tether from their phones, meaning they have done what they can to enforce the TOS.
    This is, in my opinion, not true. They could have locked down the phone to not run third party apps, and many other actions, so they have not done everything. In my opinion they have taken only vague simple steps to make it a little harder to tether. They simply followed what Verizon and others have done in asking google to removing tethering apps from the Boost Android market.
    Further, many of the phones Boost allows on the network have had native tethering apps installed from the factory, as deathtrip has taught us. No steps have been taken to curb these, or in any way tethering, at the network level.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    The point is... who cares if they violate the TOS? People should be allowed to talk about it. Morality isn't the main function of the forum. Facilitation of conversation is.
    As somebody who has to deal with data hogs who violate the TOS and tether, I care.

I care a LOT.

"Flexible" morality is the American way...isn't it?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bebopdeluxe View Post
    As somebody who has to deal with data hogs who violate the TOS and tether, I care.

I care a LOT.

"Flexible" morality is the American way...isn't it?
    And you are entitled to your opinion, just as the people on the other side of the fence are. The forum is here to facilitate both sides of the discussion. Not to decide who is right or wrong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bebopdeluxe View Post
    As a Point of interest, can you explain how you "have to deal with" these so called "data hogs"?

Feedback Score
    mod edited: this will be your one and only warning. You will not be allowed to speak to users like this under any circumstances. Disagreeing with people is fine, but in responding you are not allowed to make it personal in any way, no matter what.
    Last edited by martin_j001; 11-25-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score

been a wile

been a wile being i left boost when i moved to a new state they still worked but the single was not the best. boost never has been one to care what there users do with there data i was tethering my phone etc for months and they never cared i even called a rep asking bought it and they said we don't support it but we don't care basically. even with there parent company capping at 5gb boost still has no caps. i will be returning to them being everyone else has gone insane.

btw data on a phone is not expensive its just most networks suck and when to many people use data it slows the network down.

Feedback Score

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by LargePrime View Post
    This is, in my opinion, not true. They could have locked down the phone to not run third party apps, and many other actions, so they have not done everything. In my opinion they have taken only vague simple steps to make it a little harder to tether. They simply followed what Verizon and others have done in asking google to removing tethering apps from the Boost Android market.
    Further, many of the phones Boost allows on the network have had native tethering apps installed from the factory, as deathtrip has taught us. No steps have been taken to curb these, or in any way tethering, at the network level.
    I know this is an old thread, but wanted to add for those who come across it.

To add, I have been using a Boost Motorola i9 for 2 years as a modem for my computer. It was already programed to be used as a modem through USB. I didn't have to make a single change to the phone to do this, so obviously Boost did nothing to stop me. I have also called Boost when I have had trouble with my data connection working. I admit to tethering and they say nothing against it. They even do everything they can to make sure that my data service is not interrupted to make sure I can keep doing it.

On a final note, although an i9 is by far not the fastest phone to use as a modem, I have never been capped or throttled in the 2 years I have been using it.

Device(s)
    S4 and Nokia 635
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Sprint
    Feedback Score
    wait for it.....
    if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

Feedback Score
    thanks for that rdan370
    Quote Originally Posted by rdan370 View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but wanted to add for those who come across it.

To add, I have been using a Boost Motorola i9 for 2 years as a modem for my computer. It was already programed to be used as a modem through USB. I didn't have to make a single change to the phone to do this, so obviously Boost did nothing to stop me. I have also called Boost when I have had trouble with my data connection working. I admit to tethering and they say nothing against it. They even do everything they can to make sure that my data service is not interrupted to make sure I can keep doing it.

On a final note, although an i9 is by far not the fastest phone to use as a modem, I have never been capped or throttled in the 2 years I have been using it.

Feedback Score

keep your judgments to yourself

Too many people are always trying to pinch here and pinch there to save $5.00 a month.

Not only that, the luxury of mobile broadband is a benefit to those who leach off the network.

I pay almost $150 per month for my home and office internet connection... and with the speed, support, reliability, and service I receive, it's well worth it not to be a leach.
    So happy for you that you can afford to throw your money flippantly everywhere and that you simply do not care if you are ripped off. Others of us are consumers who spend much time researching to, INDEED, get the best value for our money. I am not independently wealthy and I DO watch the prices. It is folks such as you who promote insane pricing by these companies and hurt the rest of us. If more people paid attention to pricing and weren't LAZY and just shelled out $$ without end, we might experience more reasonable pricing...but again, not with people such as you around.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast