Thread: Using Google Voice to make calls from cell phone. Please HELP!!

Feedback Score

Using Google Voice to make calls from cell phone. Please HELP!!

I have google voice installed on my cell phone so now when I try to make a call I get a popup that says say dial from google voice or from cell phone.

If I choose google voice does this mean I am not using my cell minutes? in otherwords does this mean I am able to make free wifi calls?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think many people get a little confused over the Purpose of Google Voice. To say it simply, it's for TELEPHONE 'NUMBER" management. Let's say you have a favorite tele number that you are afraid you may lose by your constant switching cell phones....Port it to Google, and unless you really scew up royally it;'s yours forever. What good is that? The number is yours.. Tomorrow you go to phoneworld and buy a new phone ( or just have your current carrier assign a new number to your existing phone) and number .Now you have to call all your friends and say ' hey man , i got a new number can you write it down while you're driving 85 mph on the highway?..NOPE!! Log into Google voice and start telling who, what when, and how you want google to handle calls.Your new number ? No one needs to know,just tell google that when your new number rings, to call your Favorite number that you ported to google yesterday OR any other number yhou decide to assign to perform any function..all done! BUT. you may still assign additional numbers to call say work or a girlfriend or even your wife( ha!) AND assign what hours certain numbers are in use, who to block, hate blocked incoming numbners ? No probelm have them call teh FCC( kidding , but block them or assign the 3 tone "I'm sorry but this line is out of service " telco recording etc etc etc....so go to google voice , sign up and read all about it,,,,Finally You have some control over teh telemarketers and blocked numbers and pscho x's...Hope this helped....
    Former Droid X user..A friend talked me into an Iphone 4 ,, CAN'T GO WRONG ??!!? Execpt if you use DUN, FLASH, anything that doesn't have an I * in it's name etc..I did , and do , hate verizon and all their ads. BUT I want to go back to a good droid(stop laugh here) using ST..Any help is welcomed. Thanks Bill
    [email protected]

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    You can configure GV to use the call back method instead of the pass through method for calls out bound calls. Then if you have a calling circle with your cell plan, you can add your GV number to that circle since that would be the number calling you back when place a call, resulting in a free call. Although not common in the US, you may also have unlimited incoming calls. In that case, even if you don't have a calling circle, these calls would be free. If you call Canada at all, you can also place these calls through GV and avoid any long distance charges.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire

$49/8GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Iphone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I was wondering the same thing.

Feedback Score
    I have similar questions. Thanks for help guys.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If you use Google Voice with an online VOIP number, you won't be sung cellular minutes. Set it up to use some sort of online VOIP service and then you /should/ be able to make free calls.

Device(s)
    LG-G4, wife S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Those who are on TMobile U.S. and one of the Canadian systems that have UMA can make calls directly via wifi. W. TM, calls over wifi are free - whether you are in the U.S. or overseas.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    6 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. 2G fast data on each line . $120/mo. + taxes. We have had no landline in more than 10 years.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Verizon, for one, will NOT give free Skype calls without charging cellular minutes..Although if you want to argue every bill they do permit Skype to Skype calls at no cellular minute charge..
    So will these other programs give Cellular minute FREE calls on Verizon?
    I do use Google Voice BUT the problem is that you have to get to a plan large enough to warrant 5 Friends or Family and then you don't need additional free calls :.(
    So how do I buy the lowest cellular minutes (250) and still get free calling??? don't forget I use VERIZON ..Will grooveip give me that capability ??