Thread: Verizon To Microsoft: "Give Us An LTE Windows Phone... Or Else"

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Verizon To Microsoft: "Give Us An LTE Windows Phone... Or Else"

Windows Phone needs LTE, stat

While Android and the iOS are taking off for Verizon, one platform that has stalled at the carrier is Microsoft's Windows Phone operating system. Verizon quietly put out one Windows Phone handset in the market this year, and Walden didn't seem particularly excited to be adding more.

For Verizon, the biggest problem with Windows Phone is the lack of support for LTE. Microsoft has said it would add LTE support, but hasn't been specified as to when.

"We've communicated to Microsoft that LTE is critical to us," she said. "We need to see a timeline that makes sense if we want to continue to represent them."

Given Verizon's LTE focus, it'll be hard to see a handset maker successfully convince Verizon to take a chance on a 3G Windows Phone product.

Verizon continues to work with Microsoft on this issue, Walden said, but didn't have anything new to discuss.
    CNET Via: Neowin

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Makes sense. Time to see what Qualcomm can do?
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S4, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Data-Only)
    Feedback Score
    I would have thought that Nokia would be the obvious manufacturer to jump the LTE/WP7 bandwagon. They seem to have put a heck of a lot of their apples in the WP7 basket, so you'd think they'd be keen on putting out whatever device would help them sell phones. Perhaps Nokia still hasn't realized just how dangerous their situation is yet.

Feedback Score
    give them a chance...CES will tell

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S4, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Data-Only)
    Feedback Score
    I guess Verizon's next threat will be to Apple. After all, there is no current LTE version of the iPhone and it seems only fair that if WP7 must create an LTE version to serve Verizon's needs, then so should Apple.

Yes, yes, we know that Apple has PROMISED an LTE version of the iPhone in the future, but Microsoft also promised the same for WP7. I can understand why Verizon is flexing it's muscles with Microsoft and shying away from Apple, but what I don't under is why any of us here on HowardForums cares a whit about this threat, which is clearly just posturing on the part of Verizon.

Feedback Score
    I want me a WP7 phone and hate the one Verizon offers can I purchase a different style and jail break it to work with verizon?

I am not sure what Microsoft is waiting on maybe they are considering leaving this market, but I really believe that WP7 may be the most stable operating system available.

Device(s)
    BB 9810 is primary
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Verizon does not allow non-Verizon branded devices on their network. No anoint of jailbreaking, unlocking or whatever, will change their policy.