Thread: Transfer credit between customers

Carrier(s)
    Chat-r; PC Mobile
    Feedback Score

Transfer credit between customers

I can't find out more about this so I'm trying to find the answer here.

Friend and I have pretty much similar scenarios: activated Pay After (since it's a must for Tab+) around end of Sept. , later also activated Pay Your Way, plus getting some (2 x $30) Referral Credits on the Pay Your Way line, not on same account as the Pay After line. A while ago, friend said he did a transfer of credit ($60 worth of) to his Pay After line, no problem, and it showed up fine. Tonight I tried to do it, and the SIM Application which I did it on (*123#), responded that Top Up can only be done on Pay Before lines. I'm quite sure my friend's line is Pay After as it is the requirement of getting the LG Optimus 2x on Tab+, which was what we both got.

So has there been a change in Transfer Credit between Customers policy lately? I tried to search for it in WIND's website and also Google, and the original reference link (talking more about International Transfer, but has a link inside about this also), pointed to a FAQ list, and missing this topic (removed? said to be #10).

I kicked myself not knowing this earlier as I could have trasnferred the credit for a better use, now it seems I can't do it. Friend said he also received an SMS telling his Pay Your Way line that it can be trasnsferred. My phone w/ that line has been off so I missed that SMS.

Any ideas?
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Feedback Score
    balance transfers are for pay before only. To my knowledge, that's always been the policy.

Carrier(s)
    Chat-r; PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I later phoned customer service and got confirmed that it is Pay Before to Pay Before only (i.e. both to and from must be Pay Before). I am not trying to get my friend to check his account, how he said his son did it, and so far he hasn't checked yet. But yesterday he was so adament about it though.

(one rep who didn't listen to my whole case, told me to try *136*amount*phone_number# also had the same result, which gave me false hope for 5 minutes).

Feedback Score
    Credit Transfer can only be to any Wind Pay Before Account only and has always been that way. I can also confirm that Wind Credit Transfer works to most international Prepaid Phones, except Canadain Prepaid Cell Phones. I personally have tranfered money to my USA T-Mobile Prepaid line my AT&T Prepaid line & Family/Friends Airtel, Idea & Vodafone prepaid Accounts in India. it works like a charm and an amazing feature Wind has offered to there clients. Its also instant in Almost real time. Thank you windnfor this feature.

Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Similar question.
    I have a pay before and pay your way account.
    I have about $30 worth of credits in my pay your way account and wish to transfer it all to the pay before account.

Anyone know if this is possible or not? I want to avoid calling into the cc.

Feedback Score
    ^Sure you can, I bet you already tranfered it.

Carrier(s)
    4169582622 ANI #
    Feedback Score
    Can you transfer out money to another account while it is suspended/no service life/not enough money to renew plan?
    25GB Cap? DIY Telnus prepaid/Koodo unlimited EVDO internet (for $10 per 2 months, to keep account "Active"), Max 3Mbps download speed, if you roam on Bell (free), then you get non-NATed IP

mobile files is reopened - Aug 11/2010
    HoFo = censorship same as US censor wikileaks = china censor

Feedback Score
    About a year ago, I tried transferring funds from one pay after account to another pay after account. The agent I spoke to said it works. It turned out he was wrong, after much run around.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Can you transfer out money to another account while it is suspended/no service life/not enough money to renew plan?
    You can not

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hi friends,
    Is it still possible to transfer funds from a PYW account to another account on Freedom Mobile?
    Thanks

Carrier(s)
    FREEDOM
    Feedback Score
    Yes still possible to transfer funds from a PYW account to another pre paid account.

Feedback Score
    Does this still work for anyone? I've been getting a message for several days "We are experiencing a technical problem. Please try again later....".