Thread: Want to buy PC Mobile $7 per month prepaid data sim from someone, need to know expiry

Feedback Score

Want to buy PC Mobile $7 per month prepaid data sim from someone, need to know expiry

Hi I am thinking of buying a monthly PC Mobile card that has the $7 plan, I will only be using it for data only but the minimum topup is $15 and lasts 30 days, meaning that my monthly cost will be $15 and not $7, looking at it this way it would be cheaper to get another plan, unless I am mistaken and these grandfathered plans have different expiry dates for topus.

Can someone let me know the expiry dates for topups on old grandfather plans.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Expiry is based on the on the refill, not the plan or SIM. The same refill amounts are available now as they were before and they have the same expiry.

The data option itself would only cost you $7/month, as that is all it would drain from your funds. But your funds would expire based on the refill value. You could get a $100 topup, which would last for 1 year. Then your charges for the year for data would be $84, leaving $16 to cover incidentals like talk time or sms over the year. Worst case if you let it expire, you paid the equivalent of $8.33 per month for the unlimited data.

Hope you got a good price on the SIM.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Feedback Score
    $100 buck is too much in one shot, if I lose the phone I would be pissed.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Incidentally, what happens if your balance expires? Would you have to ditch the whole plan, or is there some "grace period" during which the plan would not work, but you could top up again and bring it back?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DataDude View Post
    Incidentally, what happens if your balance expires? Would you have to ditch the whole plan, or is there some "grace period" during which the plan would not work, but you could top up again and bring it back?
    I let mine sit empty for over 6 months and when I refilled it was fine.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    I suggest you meet up with the seller, ask to test out the SIM. Even if there is no money loaded on it, you can pop it into your compatible phone and dial #7266 to ask a PC Mobile rep about expiry.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OP, did you end up buying this? It was advertized as $100 and I was going to get it myself, but the seller seems to have disappeared off the face of the Howard Forums universe.