Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Post here if you have noticed 1900MHz 3G on an iPhone or other device

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Post here if you have noticed 1900MHz 3G on an iPhone or other device

With scattered reports of PCS/1900MHz 3G all over, lets put them all in one thread here.

Make sure you have 3G enabled as most iPhone unlock guides tell you to disable 3G.

We have reports in PA, some in Alabama.
    To pull up the info and confirm you will need to go into Fieldtestmode. Obviously if you have an iPhone and are getting 3G that would be enough confirmation.

On Samsung devices (Galaxy S Vibrant, Galaxy S 4G, Galaxy S II etc.) put in this code to see if you are on PCS 3G ( *#0011#) under Debug and Basic Information. There is also an option to lock it on 1900MHz 3G under network only but do so at your own risk.

For HTC: I'm still looking, I saw it posted somewhere.. if you have it LMK

iPhoners: *3001#12345#*
    Bye!

Feedback Score
    Birmingham, AL is a go on CERTAIN tower's!!! Tested with an LG CU400 Unlocked AT&T handset with 850/1900 UMTS! Going to get a Micro SIM to test on my iPhone 4S!! If this holds true I can actually have an enjoyable iPhone when the 1900mhz band is launched widely

Feedback Score
    Looks like the 1900,mhz channel may well be the 3g+ crossover channel on phones with both frequencies, depending on market. Considering that Att has two 3g channels, I don't see why Tmobile can't have 1900 as well as AWS (1700).

This is going to make a lot more phones a lot more valuable if they have 3g 1900mhz. Might not be universal, but they'll be usable on both major US gsm networks in 3g mode or better, not unlike before...

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Great thread. Thanks for putting this up Kies. Still only band 4 for me on my Sammy GS2.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Device: Samsung Vibrant

Only getting AWS still, and attempts to register on ATT's network unsuccessful.

^ TMO LTE ^---------------|------St Louis-------|----------------^ ATT LTE ^

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reuthermonkey View Post
    Device: Samsung Vibrant

Only getting AWS still, and attempts to register on ATT's network unsuccessful.
    The article doesn't say that you'll be able to roam on AT&T's 3G network. The article says that you may find the T-Mobile 3G network on the PCS band. So you won't be registering on ATT's network.

Device(s)
    Blackberry BOld
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I live in an area where AT&T only currently uses 1900Mhz. With only that available it can get to be a little sticky for in building coverage. The prenetration in decent, as long as you are near a site.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    The article doesn't say that you'll be able to roam on AT&T's 3G network. The article says that you may find the T-Mobile 3G network on the PCS band. So you won't be registering on ATT's network.
    I'm saying that neither are available.

And it's now pretty widely reported that ATT and T-Mobile will begin entering into a network-sharing agreement. It may exclusively be for ATT's LTE network, but it could also be for ATT's 3g network (it's unclear right now). Hence me trying to register on ATT's network as a backup.

Feedback Score
    In market roaming would be great because T-Mobile doesn't have generators at their cell sites here and when we had April tornado's T-Mobile and Sprint died after a few hours of no power. Sprint however was able to roam on Verizon, T-Mobile just had Emergency Calls Only.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score

And it's now pretty widely reported that ATT and T-Mobile will begin entering into a network-sharing agreement. It may exclusively be for ATT's LTE network, but it could also be for ATT's 3g network (it's unclear right now). Hence me trying to register on ATT's network as a backup.
    It is going to take a whole before the technical details of such a deal are implemented.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Small request: could you guys also post screen shots of getting HSPA on the 1900 band? I feel like that would back up the claims in every city as the thread progresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AT&T HSPA+_____________________________________________ ____________AT&T LTE

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

So the network sharing deal was just announced yesterday...aren't u getting a little ahead of yourself?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's for UMTS. T-Mobile's 3G network only covers 230 million and AT&T's covers 280 million.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danny.boi View Post
    Great thread. Thanks for putting this up Kies. Still only band 4 for me on my Sammy GS2.
    Same here in NYC.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Speed achieved using T-Mobile Samsung GS2

Device(s)
    Motorola Timeport P8167 (IS-95A)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16 View Post
    Same here in NYC.
    Terry, do not hold your breath for T-Mobile W-CDMA 1900 in New York anytime soon. Because T-Mobile transferred spectrum to Cingular a few years ago, T-Mobile controls only 20 MHz of PCS bandwidth (PCS A block 10 MHz + PCS D block 10 MHz) in New York. And T-Mobile requires that full PCS 20 MHz bandwidth for continued GSM 1900 operation.

In short, the PCS 20 MHz markets (New York, Boston, Washington, etc.) are not going to be included in the current W-CDMA 1900 deployment.

AJ

Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast