Thread: Battery sucks after 5.0.1 jailbreak

Feedback Score

Battery sucks after 5.0.1 jailbreak

I was on 4.3.3 waiting for the unteathered 5.0.1 to come out.
    Well, yesterday I jail broke my iPhone 4 and my wife's iPhone 4 on 5.0.1. I did a clean restore (as new phone). Less than 24 hours both batteries are at 20% left of battery life with wifi turned off and almost no usage. Is it just me?
    Only thing turned on is location services for "find my iPhone". I have wifi off, bluetooth off, push notifications/mail set to manual.
    Anybody else having the same issues? Anything I can do to help with battery?
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    There may still be a problem with 5.0.1 jailbreak the reason for the updated based on what I read was to correct the battery drain because of the use of where's my iPhone hopefully the jailbreak will see the error and fix it but I am assuming that is the problem

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What version of redsn0w did you use? Beta 1,2 or 3?
    iPhone XS Max | OnePlus 6
    www.blueearlbrewing.com

Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    i had the same issue ... I dont know how to fix it

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I was already on 5.0.1, didn't have any battery issues before jailbreaking. Now I'm jailbroke(redsn0w untethered beta 3) and it seems like the battery is draining awfully quick... In the last hour im down from 100% to 93% with minimal actual usage. I've jailbroken before back before ios 5 was out and I don't remember the battery draining this quickly. Is this normal for ios 5 jailbroken?

NOTE: in that hour I installed one app and was on it for about 5 mins... I probably had the screen on for no longer then 10 mins of the hour. I only have 3G and wifi on and screen brightness is at about 40%

Feedback Score
    I had slightly better usage going from 4.2.1 to 5.0.1 (both JB'd). Woke up at 6AM, got exchange (not push, just checked every 15 mins), some phone calls and texts, now it's 4PM I still have 73%

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Quote Originally Posted by gazoo66
    I had slightly better usage going from 4.2.1 to 5.0.1 (both JB'd). Woke up at 6AM, got exchange (not push, just checked every 15 mins), some phone calls and texts, now it's 4PM I still have 73%
    Does this seem to be the general consensus now?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

After the initial day to mess with the settings and getting everything sorted, I haven't found much of a change in battery consumption going from 4.2.1 to 5.0.1.

Feedback Score
    Just did a search on google and came across this thread.

I woke up to a drained battery this morning after having done a jailbreak last night on my iPad 2 WiFi only.

I don't know that its draining the battery faster, just that it obviously kept running on its own.

Feedback Score
    My 5.0.1 iPad2 3g battery is fine after the jailbreak. I can leave it closed, unplugged with wifi enabled for 8-9 hours and come back with maybe 1-2% loss. I set up as new and threw my backup away. Used app backup to put back all my app settings. Mine came with 5.0 originally. Dunno if the info helps.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I JUST JB'd with the latest redsn0w (b4) last night. I had full charge this morning and after a full day of messing with it: sending/receiving picture messages, wifi & bt on all day, testing out the personal hotspot with tetherme, and playing words with friends and hanging with friends with my wife - I'm currently sitting at 36%.

IMO, that seems perfectly fine - I put the thing on my clock-dock every night (as I'm about to).

Maybe try re-JB'ing with the latest build?
    the bloggy blog blog blog...

common sense...not so common...
    ----

Feedback Score
    It works fine for me now. Somehow either I did it by mistake, or something else change the auto-lock to "never". So it kept running and I didn't realize it after I closed the case cover.

Device(s)
    Rose Gold iPhone 6s 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I experience battery issues and not even jailbroken. I personally think its a hardware issue rather than software.