Thread: Restore Apps after iOS Update and Jailbreak

Device(s)
    iPhone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Restore Apps after iOS Update and Jailbreak

I know I have seen this somewhere. I just can not find it. I have just updated to IOS 5.0.1 then did the untethered JB. I lost all my apps that were installed through Cydia. I tried to do a restore from a backup but it only gave me the contacts and the apps through the app store. I know I can go through Cydia and put in everyone of the apps one at a time but that would take forever. Was there a better way to get them all back? Thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    Black 16 gb iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The better way would to have been to have PKG back up. that will do a mass install for you. I am not sure of any other way to mass install.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I am pretty sure I had that pkg backup. I am not sure how to get it to work though

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I just did the same 5.01 JB and PKGBackup reinstalled everything for me. If you didn't backup before the update and JB, you are out of luck. However, if you did a backup in PKGBackup and also sync with iTune before you update to 5.01, all you have to do now is reinstall PKGBackup from your Cydia account and then do restore after you sync it with iTune. The PKGBackup data is stored as a contact in your phonebook.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haveagreatday View Post
    I just did the same 5.01 JB and PKGBackup reinstalled everything for me. If you didn't backup before the update and JB, you are out of luck. However, if you did a backup in PKGBackup and also sync with iTune before you update to 5.01, all you have to do now is reinstall PKGBackup from your Cydia account and then do restore after you sync it with iTune. The PKGBackup data is stored as a contact in your phonebook.
    Dropbox is also available with PKGbackup and I find it much more reliable

Device(s)
    iPhone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haveagreatday View Post

See I thought I have done this before. I went to install PKGbackup but it says it costs 7.95. I never bought that app before. I dont remember it costing anything. Unless there was a different way. When I scroll through cydia apps I see the apps I previously had were highlighted in blue. I am not sure if thats the case.

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I don't remember it being free and I did buy it and it will remain in the Cydia account for redownload whenever. There are other similar packages, AptBackup, that is free (I think). Maybe that was what you have??? I think it is well worth the money if you plan on JB in the future.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've used aptbackup for the pre-restoration part of it's use. Has anyone had any issues with it working or not?

Feedback Score
    PKGBackup for the win. Made everything easy. Had one conflicting app with IOS5, infobar or something like that. Once I got rid of that it was working great. The only (admittedly small) hassle is that all the folders were out of order. Really no big deal. Aptbackup sucks, don't use it. Like someone said, best $7 paid.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Pckbackup has been hanging for me. It stops on a random app every time I try to backup.
    Tried backing to sugarsyn and dropbox. I can never get it to run a compete backup.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 (iOS 6.1.2)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Are you sure you didn't use the other backup program?
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLocoDude View Post
    See I thought I have done this before. I went to install PKGbackup but it says it costs 7.95. I never bought that app before. I dont remember it costing anything. Unless there was a different way. When I scroll through cydia apps I see the apps I previously had were highlighted in blue. I am not sure if thats the case.
    "I wish for a world of peace, harmony, and naked men."

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Aptbackup worked for me.