Thread: Up for a new phone in April

Feedback Score

Question Up for a new phone in April

I'm up for a new phone in April and want to know what some of the nifty new phones for which I should be looking.

I currently have a Droid Incredible and like it. It's rooted to the Virtuous 3.2.

My main use is for SMS/text, surfing the net (reddit/woot), email, and listening to music since those things are blocked at work.

I'm looking for something with a slightly bigger screen as I do occassionally stream netflix.

My main things are wanting something with good battery life and easy/safe to root.

Since there are improvements to the phones all the time and I only update once every two years, I'm interested in something that has either not yet been released or has only recently been released.

What upcoming phones are making a lot of buzz and I should start to investigage?

Thanks

Device(s)
    A phone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGoBootsGoBots View Post
    What upcoming phones are making a lot of buzz and I should start to investigage?
    None. Four months in advance, specs and release dates are subject to major changes. Shopping for a phone that far in advance is just going to lead to frustration. Wait until 2 weeks before you're going to buy the phone.

Device(s)
    Droid X2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon. Damn, I miss Alltel though.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGoBootsGoBots View Post
    I'm up for a new phone in April and want to know what some of the nifty new phones for which I should be looking.

I currently have a Droid Incredible and like it. It's rooted to the Virtuous 3.2.

My main use is for SMS/text, surfing the net (reddit/woot), email, and listening to music since those things are blocked at work.

I'm looking for something with a slightly bigger screen as I do occassionally stream netflix.

My main things are wanting something with good battery life and easy/safe to root.

Since there are improvements to the phones all the time and I only update once every two years, I'm interested in something that has either not yet been released or has only recently been released.

Thanks

I'm in a similar boat as my update is in March. My plan is to snatch up the Galaxy SIII if Verizon releases it soon enough or I'm grabbing a Nexus. More should be known in the next week or so with CES going on and next month with MWC.