Thread: Public IP's

Feedback Score

Public IP's

Hi Group,

With Verizon thinking about coming to Sprint. The reason....

Our main internet connection can only be accomplished with a air card. At this time I have a Verizon 3G card/USB modem. A longer short story. I also have a CCTV system that I need to be able to connect to remotely. So my modem.service must get "Public" IP addresses to allow the remote connection to my CCTV camera system.

I went with Verizon about 1.5 years ago and their 3G device worked very well for me. When their 3G/4G service was first offer I switched to it and it also worked for me, but only for 3 months. The first 3 months the 3G/4G device did give me the public IP's I needed but in March 2010 Verizon made a change and now their 3G/4G system only connects with privet IP's that connect with an IP that looks like 10.###.###.##.

So I had to switch back to my old 3G device and plan to get my system working again.

I have been told that all of the Sprint broadband devices & plans can be sold with a static IP but more importantly the IP's Sprint give you are "Public IP's" that start with 75.###.###.##.

My question to the group, is this true?

Thanks...

Merlin3100

Device(s)
    HP Veer
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Fits You Best
    Feedback Score
    Have you considered using some sort of VPN?
    More Bars in More Places.