Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nokia Lumia 710: $199 no contract + $50 Monthly4G SIM = $250

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think T-mobile should allow us buy the phone + $50 refill card. Cuz what if you want to buy this as a gift without breaking the seal and activating the phone number.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by itouchmacbook View Post
    I think T-mobile should allow us buy the phone + $50 refill card. Cuz what if you want to buy this as a gift without breaking the seal and activating the phone number.
    A SIM card can be activated without being installed into a phone the last time I checked. I bet if you asked nicely, they'd leave the phone sealed and send you on the way with a SIM you can use for a month, and a NIB phone.

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / On YouTube: @AlexKidd4Fun

Feedback Score
    I purchased one of these Friday at our Tmobile store as I wanted to switch from another prepaid carrier. I didn't port my number which ended up being a good thing. I took the phone back to my office and the darn thing couldn't make calls or access any internet from within my building. I really can't have that as I need to be able to get calls while at work and access my home email so I took it back. It was a really nice phone though. I was wondering if anyone else had trouble with this phone and using it inside a building with TMobile. My other phone is through Boost and it works fine at my desk.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I've been testing out T-Mo with a prepaid phone lately and I got alright reception in my job (I work in the lower level of a building). I mostly get 1-2 bars, which is about the same as I got with At&t (my current contract tied phone) and Metro (with another phone I used for a couple of months). I guess it would depend on how good the T-Mo coverage is in your area. But I've also heard that the bands that T-Mo uses aren't that great with building penetration. Well maybe someone with more experience can enlighten you on these thing, but that was my experience

Feedback Score
    Is this still going on?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If this last until the end of the month, this could work really well for me.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I suppose there is tax on this deal as well.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    No one has said it this deal is still going on :/ I know I never saw it online and the current price of it online is $399.99.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just did this deal again in store. Everything is automatic in the computer as far as the discount goes. Definitely a very good deal.

Sent via Windows Phone 7.5
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 11 eSIM
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 11 dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The deal is still in! Love my new phone!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Does this still work?

--Kidd

Device(s)
    LG G2, Samsung Galaxy S2
    Carrier(s)
    TF, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I purchased mine on 3/26 in store and it's still active in their system but I had to buy the $50 plan and activate in store. My guess is it still works. Just go or call the local store and ask about it. I've heard some say they were able to just buy a $50 refill card and not activate but it's hit or miss, depending on the store associate.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    How would you guys feel about an extra $50 back?

http://mytradeins.com/ > promo code LUMIA

You'll get back a minimum of $50 for *ANY* working phone. I just sent in three rebates, my gf just sent in two. We sent in cheapo $10 prepaid phones or whatever old junk phones we had laying around that will charge up and turn on. The rebate requires a copy of the UPC or receipt. The original UPC is required for the free Nokia battery cover, so if you already sent that in, you can always use your receipt as proof of purchase.

I have to warn you guys that The Wireless Source (the company that is doing the rebates on behalf of T-Mo) is SLOW. They say "up to 8 weeks" and believe me, that's how long it will take, but the rebates always come. Just got back my $100 Radar 4G trade-in rebate and my gf got her $50 one as well.

Talk about a good deal getting even better!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mapson View Post
    I purchased mine on 3/26 in store and it's still active in their system but I had to buy the $50 plan and activate in store. My guess is it still works. Just go or call the local store and ask about it. I've heard some say they were able to just buy a $50 refill card and not activate but it's hit or miss, depending on the store associate.
    Yeah, the POS system will take off the $150 instant discount if you buy a $50 refill with the phone -- but my friend who works at a corp T-Mo store said they are not supposed to sell it like that because they don't get any commission.. So, I too had to activate it. I'm sure if you already have a T-Mo account and make a big deal about it they'd let you buy it with just a $50 refill, but I was happy to be getting a good deal so I didn't mind.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I saw the deal extended for the color cover and thought I might get this myself as a secondary prepaid/play phone. I am doing more mobile web development these days, so it will be nice to be able to view customer projects from Windows Phone as well and ensure the pages look good from that platform as well.

Island_Boy - that extra $50 is a great deal to top it off! Seeing as Nextel is killing the old iDEN towers rapidly over the next few years, figure I would trade in my old iDEN handsets, but the model listing doesn't have any of them in there. I have an old Verizon Moto Q that I would happily give up if I can't sacrifice the iDEN stuff. Any idea how to swap in the iDEN handsets if they're not listed under the phone finder?

--Kidd

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast