Device(s)
    Nokia 6620
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Question unlocked Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket with foreign SIM

I got Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket from AT&T and unlocked it using code purchased online. During unlock process I've inserted foreign SIM card and entered provided code. It seems to went OK and on subsequent reboots with this card it no longer asks for the code. The card is recognized and I see foreign phone number in Phone Info screen in Settings. However I noticed 2 problems:

1. The phone does not register on mobile network with non-AT&T SIM. The same SIM in old Nokia phone registers on T-Mobile network.

2. In Settings/Wireles&Networks/Mobile Networks/Network Operators I have only one greyed out item "Default Setup". I could neither change or add anything on this screen. I was expecting to be able to select manually mobile network there.

Anybody having similar problem? I am planning to travel aboard with this phone soon and I wan to be sure I will be able to use it with non-AT&T SIM overseas.

Thanks!

Carrier(s)
    Cingulatt
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The phone might be set to UMTS only and your foreign sim service provider may not have roaming agreement with Att. Tmobile UMTS AWS is probably not supported by Skyrocket. Can you set it to GSM only? (most Att branded phones may not let you)

Device(s)
    Nokia 6620
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I do not see any settings to switch to GSM. Where I should look for them?

Carrier(s)
    Cingulatt
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by krokodil View Post
    I do not see any settings to switch to GSM. Where I should look for them?
    You should be ok in Europe as I think the Skyrocket supports UMTS 2100 which is what Europe uses. I have a unbranded Galaxy S II, if I press Menu button - settings - wireless and network - mobile networks - networks mode - then I have three choices: Auto Mode or GSM only or WCDMA only. Again, since the Skyrocket is AT&T branded, this option may not exist.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I just used mine, unlocked with a foreign SIM (PCCW), in Hong Kong for a week. No issues.