Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sprint Direct Connect beats expectations in key performance measurements

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Sprint Direct Connect beats expectations in key performance measurements

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_d...rticle_id=2185

22 February 2012
    Sprint Direct Connect beats expectations in key performance measurements, outperforms Sprint’s own push to talk “gold standard”

More than 76,000 calls by a third party prove it: Sprint surpasses own records for call success rates; meets or exceeds in other key metrics

While others test new push-to-talk products, Sprint Direct Connect® improves on its established service, offering largest portfolio of push-to-talk phones and best-in-class features – all backed by 18 industry-leading years of experience

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), February 22, 2012 - Sprint (NYSE: S) today announced that recent testing of Sprint Direct Connect – its next generation, broadband push-to-talk service – shows that Sprint has met or exceeded expectations in call setup time, push-to-talk latency and call success rates versus the company’s iDEN-based push-to-talk service.

The results stem from testing performed by a third-party in which more than 76,000 test calls of Sprint’s push-to-talk services were made in 17 markets. Bob Azzi, Sprint senior vice president-Network, said the results are “conclusive validation of Sprint’s sustained push-to-talk leadership.”

Using Sprint’s 3G data network and the company’s enhanced push-to-talk platform, Sprint Direct Connect has consistently delivered reliable, consistent and instant calls, according to tests. With push-to-talk, speed and reliability are everything. Consider the first responder in an emergency situation or salesman who needs to close a sale and needs instant access to voice and data that work all the time. Sprint’s push-to-talk service has proven consistently to be a game changer for customers. And it now comes packed with broadband data capabilities, familiar push-to-talk features, more handsets than its rivals – including military grade phones rated for shock, wind and rain resistance for the toughest work environments and a smartphone – and a broadened push-to-talk coverage map expected later in 2012.

“For years, the gold standard in push-to-talk ran on an iDEN network; now it runs on a broadband CDMA network,” Azzi said. “Sprint Direct Connect’s broadband speeds enable customers to experience the latest in technology applications, such as enterprise business productivity applications, social and multimedia support, and even advanced push-to-X capabilities in the future.”
    Thrill me...

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    The real world tests from the users say otherwise.

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    You're quick.

Has there been any surveys from a cross section of users as of yet?

Sent from my Evo 3D using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Is this using Sprint hybrid phones with iDen Nextel direct connect for push to talk and CDMA for calls?

Also does Sprint use the priority system that Nextel used? I heard that phones on a Nextel account identified as emergency service, such as police and fire would be given priority. If the network was busy, it would drop someone to allow police or fire to make a call.

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OPD1026 View Post
    Is this using Sprint hybrid phones with iDen Nextel direct connect for push to talk and CDMA for calls?
    No, this is QChat II, all CDMA. Sprint with discontinue the iDEN network by the end of next year.

Also does Sprint use the priority system that Nextel used? I heard that phones on a Nextel account identified as emergency service, such as police and fire would be given priority. If the network was busy, it would drop someone to allow police or fire to make a call.
    To the best of my knowledge this is unknown at present.

Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

That was nothing more but a shaded response to Att's renewed investment into ptt.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    after playing with a Duracore and Duramax on our account, it seems to work really well around phoenix (even with the crap EVDO speeds we've been getting of late)

it was able to even PTT where my old i870 would not do squat since it had No Service there, so in my opinion it does work well and as long as they market it properly and start putting it on all the phones like Nextel did, they might make another success of it
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boss_hog View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

That was nothing more but a shaded response to Att's renewed investment into ptt.
    Perhaps, but the fact is that Sprint has a working product out in the market right now while at&t has a...service trial. Hopefully it'll turn out well for them, but will likely never be able to international DC iDEN networks in other countries for those who might care about that.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8350i
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL.|Communications
    Feedback Score

Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
    I don't know why you insist on being so negitave. We switched our units over to SDC in late January. So far, the system works pretty flawlessly. I have had none of the issues that we expierenced with the original qchat. CDMA-iDEN interconnect is sometimes quieter than I want, but SDC-SDC works excellent.

I have been a hardcore iDEN user since early 1999. I like NDC, but it is going away. SDC is a great replacement. If you think I am full of crap I am more than willing to make an DC call with you, 168*71*48667

Jeffro
    “Right now, I’m glad we have the iDEN network,” Hesse said. “I wouldn’t have said that 18 months ago, but I am now ... from a financial perspective.”

NEXTEL. Done. I guess that's "Life at SprintSpeed"

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus VZW
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
    Spot on. Here in NYC we've switch tons of accounts to duramax/duracore with Sprint promotion of $0.99 each and let me tell you what a disaster. EVDO speeds are crap and the PTT is crap. Over 200 lines that we upgraded they've all switched back to iden phones.

Carrier(s)
    FirstNet, Verizon via RedPocket, Alachua County CCC via APCO25
    Feedback Score
    It doesn't matter how well it works or doesn't work if you happen to be in an area with no native Sprint service.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robertjglenn View Post
    It doesn't matter how well it works or doesn't work if you happen to be in an area with no native Sprint service.
    The same has been said for iDEN all these years.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/serv...ect%20Coverage

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robertjglenn View Post
    As ducati said, the same is true of Nextel iDEN and there was never really anything that could be done about that. However, Sprint Direct Connect is scheduled to gain the ability to PTT while roaming later on this year.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SDC will work on 1x-CDMA Rev 0-CDMA Rev A and it will work while roaming on 1x and prob roaming with CDMA...pretty sure sprint said SDC will work with all IDEN networks as well meaning international IDEN network

Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.205 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati
    Quote Originally Posted by robertjglenn
    The same has been said for iDEN all these years.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/serv...ect%20Coverage
    Not really what international roaming and still having Dc. Also Don't forget Sprint's native reach is less than Nextel's
    Last edited by boss_hog; 02-27-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast