Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How is Straight Talk on the iPhone?

Feedback Score

How is Straight Talk on the iPhone?

I have an iPhone 3GS and I currently have T-Mobile. How is Straight Talk so far on the iPhone in general? Is the coverage better than T-Mobile's prepaid coverage? I want to know before I switch over.

Feedback Score
    See this thread.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1756230

iPhone 4S & 4 on Straight Talk BYOD $45 Plan - No DATA!

posted using Tapatalk
    Hoppy

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    I'm posting this with my iPhone 4 running on Straight Talk 3G.
    HP Envy 14
    iPhone 5 16GB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iphonetalk02 View Post
    Is the coverage better than T-Mobile's prepaid coverage? I want to know before I switch over.
    If you use it on ST using the AT&T towers, you'll have better coverage, yes.

Sent from my HTC Panache using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    ST on iPhone is excellent. Don't pass it up! And don't let opportunity pass you by!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have an iPhone 4s on AT&T and I just switched my daughter over to ST (AT&T sim) from VM with an iPhone 4 I picked up on eBay. Coverage and data speeds are pretty much identical for both phones here in Madison WI. If I wasn't getting a company discount for AT&T I would be on ST as well.

Feedback Score
    jamesgf are your mms working on the iphone 4?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by juno2005 View Post
    I haven't tested it, iMessage works as it should between iPhones. I thought it had to be jail broken to change the mms apn settings, I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk (FTW)
    Feedback Score
    Signal strength, data speeds, and coverage VARIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since we all don't live in the same area, the answer to that question WILL ALWAYS BE BIASED!!!!!!! Just Check the coverage map...

Anywho, the iPhone works seamlessly with it. It almost makes me feel bad that people are paying 70-100+ for a phone bill; almost lol. I try to tell people that your bill can be 45 a month for unlitd everything, but they either dont believe, or are just too damn stubborn.
    The story of your life:
    ::

Feedback Score
    Yeah you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Unless you can reason with a horse of course of course.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    If you have good AT&T coverage in your area then it's a no brainer... ST iPhone! Definiately get the ST sim and use it on the smartphone of your choice: $45 a month for unlimited talk & text, 2gb of 3g data speeds, and good nationwide coverage!!

Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyaaron View Post
    Signal strength, data speeds, and coverage VARIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since we all don't live in the same area, the answer to that question WILL ALWAYS BE BIASED!!!!!!! Just Check the coverage map...

Anywho, the iPhone works seamlessly with it. It almost makes me feel bad that people are paying 70-100+ for a phone bill; almost lol. I try to tell people that your bill can be 45 a month for unlitd everything, but they either dont believe, or are just too damn stubborn.
    I laugh when I see iPhones now since I know what I am paying compared to them and of I say anything they say I'm lying about what I pay.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by juno2005 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgf View Post
    I haven't tested it, iMessage works as it should between iPhones. I thought it had to be jail broken to change the mms apn settings, I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Hi
    I'm on a iphone 4 with mms working thanks to somebody else who posted the solution he found in one of the byop troubleshooting threads here. below are the settings you need for it to work. The very last one is the one that made mms work for me after hours of frustration. I'm very happy with it now though with everything working great. By the way these are for the AT&T sim.
    Goodluck !

This is what your settings should look like. Fill in the fields on your iPhone as follows:

Cellular Data
    APN: att.mvno
    Username:
    Password:

MMS
    APN: att.mvno
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com:80
    MMS Max Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Works for me on an iPhone 3GS. Cut my ATT bill in half!

Data speeds vary of course (depending on what area you're in) but in my last few days of ATT I swapped SIMs a lot and did some testing, and found the data speeds were quite comparable wherever I went.

When the iPhone 5's come out I'll just pay more and get a factory unlocked version -- with the savings from ST it will pay itself off in no time!!!

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    iPhone works seamlessly on ST and its so much more reasonably priced. Wish I had known about it earlier and made the switch!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast