Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia 808 Pureview - 41 megapixels!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My Nokia 808 arrived today and while it was in a Nokia 808 box which I did not ship it in along with all the accesories the phone normally comes with the sticker had been broken so I am assuming this is a refurbished unit but regardless it is pristine shape then the phone I sent in.

I am barely in the process of switching back all my "stuff" to my 64gb from my 32gb card I have not had the chance to put my sim card in and actually check and see if the "3G" connectivity has been fixed.

I do have a question for the rest of you though; underneath the battery cover was the "circuit board" showing it's green color or is it covered in a layer of I guess "black vinvl"?

Call me crazy but I don't know why but I recall my 808 showing it's "green circuit board" before but now it's black, am i just crazy?'

I'll update on the phones restart issue if it arises tomorrow.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Sony Z3 (D6616)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    i think even if the seal is broken, but comes in the nokia box, it's still a new unit. it's when it doesn't come in a box at all it's a refurb.

i'm pretty sure it's black. it has that black sticker with the pictures showing how to insert the sim/memory card on it. it does show the green along the edges as sort of an outline. but that's it afaik

edit:
    just checked, it's black

Device(s)
    Moto G6, Nokia 6.1
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_A View Post
    My Nokia 808 arrived today and while it was in a Nokia 808 box which I did not ship it in along with all the accesories the phone normally comes with the sticker had been broken so I am assuming this is a refurbished unit but regardless it is pristine shape then the phone I sent in.

I am barely in the process of switching back all my "stuff" to my 64gb from my 32gb card I have not had the chance to put my sim card in and actually check and see if the "3G" connectivity has been fixed.

I do have a question for the rest of you though; underneath the battery cover was the "circuit board" showing it's green color or is it covered in a layer of I guess "black vinvl"?

Call me crazy but I don't know why but I recall my 808 showing it's "green circuit board" before but now it's black, am i just crazy?'

I'll update on the phones restart issue if it arises tomorrow.

Thanks.

Thanks for the update. Please post back with your observations about the connectivity issue. I have been wanting to get an 808 for some time to replace my c7, but that issue was holding me back. I hope this has fixed it so I can finally go buy my 808

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    For those waiting for the 808 to drop below $500..
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003U8EN7A
    $495 at the time of posting, vendor HassleFreeCell
    A Canadian tale of wireless competition, and Another
    From unjust discrimination to undue preference - a CRTC timeline

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So I've had my sim in it since this morning and I've used the internet browser through "3G" and it did not crash, it did restart once though and I am kind of giving the phone the benefit of the doubt because I had just opened Spotify and I started to update the maps through map loader in the background but yeah I don't know.

So far everything is good, obviously the phone is fast because there is not tons of apps and software on it yet so that's good.

It's actually really nice to also have a phone that feels completely brand new, ha, I'll make sure to never take the case off of this one.

Anyways If the issue does pop up later on I'll make sure to comeback and inform and trust me I'll know if it's the "3G" issue beacause I HATED living with my 808 with it.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    "i think even if the seal is broken, but comes in the nokia box, it's still a new unit. it's when it doesn't come in a box at all it's a refurb.

i'm pretty sure it's black. it has that black sticker with the pictures showing how to insert the sim/memory card on it. it does show the green along the edges as sort of an outline. but that's it afaik

edit:
    just checked, it's black "

Thanks for letting me know, yeah I'm just crazy then.

Yeah no physical difference in appearence then like I had thought.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So it's confirmed, the "new" unit that was sent back to me by Nokia carries the same defect that my previous Nokia 808 had. Upon 2x of establishing a connection using "3G" the phone restarted itself.

First time while it tried to connect a "3G" connection for Spotify it restarted upon barely connecting.

Second time while trying to send a picture message and same thing, right when barely establishing a connection the phones screen turns blank, the middle button flashes and then it restarts.

I guess I can call Nokia again and keep playing this cat and mouse game.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    has anyone got the 808 on Att? And dose it require a smart phone data plan, I'm coming from the N8 and trying to avoid paying more

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 925
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I sent my 808 in for repair due to my 3G dropouts on the 26th. Nokia received it on the 28th. I wonder what happens next. Hopefully they also fix the cracked screen or just send me a new unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony7a View Post
    has anyone got the 808 on Att? And dose it require a smart phone data plan, I'm coming from the N8 and trying to avoid paying more
    All you have to worry about is getting a micro-sim.
    You should invest in a sim cutter. Or get really good with scissors.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks i think i will and i found me a used 808 for 300 online I'll ordering it soon hopefully no 3g but if dose have dose anyone know if Nokia will repair under warrenty even though i got it used it should still have the one year warranty seeing as the phone didn't come out that long ago

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    sorry bout the last post meant no 3g bug

Feedback Score
    So after resting my phone to use swype 1.0 I got sick of all the problems with it and decided to use the stock keyboard some more only to realise that I only have 2 languages to choose from.

English and
    tieng viet

I got the phone from Ebay but I really need other language choices such as french.

Any ideas how to get it on? Googling returns nothing. My N8 had a ton of languages.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    We'll eventually see the Swype Beta 2.1 re-released.

http://forum.swype.com/showthread.ph...8329#post38329

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 925
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAAAAA7 View Post
    So after resting my phone to use swype 1.0 I got sick of all the problems with it and decided to use the stock keyboard some more only to realise that I only have 2 languages to choose from.

English and
    tieng viet

I got the phone from Ebay but I really need other language choices such as french.

Any ideas how to get it on? Googling returns nothing. My N8 had a ton of languages.
    Reflash with a different firmware

Device(s)
    HTC Sensation XE
    Feedback Score
    I love (only) the camera of this phone...the OS is pretty old school!!

Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast