Thread: Any idea whether the Samsung Galaxy S3 is coming to Wind?

Feedback Score

Any idea whether the Samsung Galaxy S3 is coming to Wind?

It's a huge upgrade over the current Google Nexus, and I wouldn't mind waiting a few months for it. But I'd hate for September to roll around only to find no S3 or similar level phone with wind.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Has the S3 been announced already? How do you know "It's a huge upgrade over the current Google Nexus"? Until it's announced and Bands are confirmed all answers are pure speculation.

Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo - $55 Unltd 5GB (2014-????)
    Feedback Score
    No one can say for sure. It's not even officially launched yet so it could only be but a speck on the mind of the suits at WIND Mobile.

Beyond that, food for thought:

- Will it support our frequencies, given current rumours speculate it will support LTE? Will there be a diferent version or will it be a true world phone?

- Will we get a **** version like the Telus Galaxy S 2 again with no Exynos SOC?

- Will it blend?

These concerns, on top of the MWC announcement cancellation, are exactly the reasons why I said screw it and went with a Galaxy Nexus. We can wait for every next best thing that is around the corner till we are blue in the face.

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by likebutta View Post
    - Will it blend
    That is a really good question. Anyone want to find the answer out for us.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums
    Just loving it.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (neuro-devixe: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I would say most carriers will get a version of the gs3. It is just a matter of time.

Feedback Score
    samsung galaxy s3 is a great android phone. i am also using this phone, its awesome

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score

- Will we get a **** version like the Telus Galaxy S 2 again with no Exynos SOC?
    If you think the SGS2X is **** you haven't used it, Or you used a flawed one! it pretty much blows the galzxy nexus out of the water on every front.
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Device(s)
    Nexus S
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    If you think the SGS2X is **** you haven't used it, Or you used a flawed one! it pretty much blows the galzxy nexus out of the water on every front.
    If you like touchwiz, sure. I'll take vanilla android over any other skin any day... root&rom almost doesn't apply to the t989 either since it has almost no dev support that I'm aware of (no cm, no aokp)

Feedback Score
    No one can say for sure. It's not even officially launched yet so it could only be but a speck on the mind of the suits at WIND Mobile.

Beyond that, food for thought:

- Will it support our frequencies, given current rumours speculate it will support LTE? Will there be a diferent version or will it be a true world phone?

- Will it blend?

These concerns, on top of the MWC announcement cancellation, are exactly the reasons why I said screw it and went with a Galaxy Nexus. We can wait for every next best thing that is around the corner till we are blue in the face.
    Well, the worst case scenario for a WIND-compabile S III will be that it will use a Qualcomm S4 instead of a Exynos chip, and considering that it's looking like the Exynos in the S III will be Cortex-A9 based, an S4 might be a good thing. By the release of said theoretical phone, the quad-core S4 chip even be ready, though I wouldn't bet on it.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Sonim XP5560
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is the S3 behind schedule? I thought it was coming out in Q1 2012.. but now its looking more like a Q2 release, maybe further

It's been 5 years and there still isn't an iPhone killer? Sigh..

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wheaties View Post
    Is the S3 behind schedule? I thought it was coming out in Q1 2012.. but now its looking more like a Q2 release, maybe further

It's been 5 years and there still isn't an iPhone killer? Sigh..
    Where have you been in the last 5 years?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Sonim XP5560
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Right here, trying all the platforms. I started with the iPhone, then moved to Android, and now to Blackberry. The only thing that comes close to iOS is Android, but the build quality and design of Android phones is lacking - everything feels like cheap polycarbonate, too big or too small. BB9900 and Nokia N9/Lumia 800 are the only breaths of fresh air in design lately. I love how these phones feel in my hand with the soft rubber finish on the back and the coldness of the stainless steel bezel or anodized aluminum casing.

One day I hope I wake up and people aren't camping outside the Apple store for a new iPhone... because they have great alternatives, and there are better things to do with your time...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wheaties View Post
    One day I hope I wake up and people aren't camping outside the Apple store for a new iPhone... because they have great alternatives, and there are better things to do with your time...
    People would line up in front of apple stores if they were promised that Tim Cook would defecate on their faces.

You're going to be hoping for a very long time.

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arikah View Post
    If you like touchwiz, sure. I'll take vanilla android over any other skin any day... root&rom almost doesn't apply to the t989 either since it has almost no dev support that I'm aware of (no cm, no aokp)
    I do not like TW so i use Pro Launcher Plus and a vanilla themed ICS look.
    Support: CM, http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10426-rom...051-est-28nov/

A lit of a number of diferent Roms; http://galaxys2root.com/tag/sgh-t989-roms/

http://alchemistar.blogspot.ca/2011/...-rom-list.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQC5dXI2ECk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho4BhMyhwhY

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1313454

Well there are more! But i think you get the picture, there is Rom support for the T989.
    And of course there is ROOT as all of these Roms need ROOT.