Page 144 of 206 FirstFirst ... 44 94 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3076

Thread: AT&T 4G LTE - Latest markets launching and speculation

  1. #2146
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Beautiful Central Coast
    Posts
    35
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Probably doing all of SLO county in one shot, and don't have all of the sites done yet. They did the high desert (PalmdaleLancaster/Apple Valley/Victorville/Barstow) all at once

    Sent with the HoFo App
    You're probably correct. Just a small clarification, Santa Maria is in Santa Barbara County (CMA 124). SLO County is CMA 340. I'm pretty sure I know where the towers are near me, but I haven't gone up there to investigate.

  2. #2147
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles/Canada
    Posts
    11,443
    Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by iHamish View Post
    You're probably correct. Just a small clarification, Santa Maria is in Santa Barbara County (CMA 124). SLO County is CMA 340. I'm pretty sure I know where the towers are near me, but I haven't gone up there to investigate.
    That is true... SLO is just across the river. SB County has LTE - over by Solvang/Buellton and of course, Santa Barbara itself. The last stretch is SLO County + northern SB County.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

  3. #2148
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Posts
    29,637
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by iHamish View Post
    I'm just 15 miles up the road in Arroyo Grande and want to know the same thing! Along US-101 between San Francisco and Los Angeles the is a single LTE coverage gap and we're smack-dab in the middle of it. From north to south extends from San Lucas to Buellton.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    We have two large AT&T LTE gaps on US 101 here in NW CA, the one I'm in stretches from Healdsburg to Eureka, the other runs from McKinleyville north to the Oregon border (and beyond). We have LTE from Verizon, U.S. Cellular and Metro PCS though, and at least AT&T is all HSPA+, with EB in almost all areas.

    I am hopeful both the Central Coast and North Coast will see a lot more LTE attention from AT&T this year, keeping my fingers crossed!

  4. #2149
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles/Canada
    Posts
    11,443
    Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    I am hopeful both the Central Coast and North Coast will see a lot more LTE attention from AT&T this year, keeping my fingers crossed!
    North Eastern CA has a long gap - from Mojave to Gardenerville, NV on US-395
    I-10/I-15/I-40 on the eastern side of CA is still HPSA+, but I doubt that it matters much.

  5. #2150
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Posts
    29,637
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Eastern CA has a long gap - from Mojave to Gardenerville, NV on US-395
    I-10/I-15/I-40 on the eastern side of CA is still HPSA+, but I doubt that it matters much.
    NorCal north and east of the Northern Sacramento Valley is without any LTE from AT&T (Siskiyou, Modoc, Lassen and Plumas Counties), and there are small gaps on 99 and 5 in the Northern Sacramento Valley itself too, even though the AT&T maps say otherwise. Trinity COUNTY also has no LTE. All those areas have LTE from Verizon and/or U.S. Cellular.

    Edit-The Northern Sacramento Valley is the Valley north of Sacramento and Roseville north to the Siskyou's, west to the Coast Ranges and east to the Cascades and Sierra's. The Cascades meet the Sierra's at Mount Lassen in Lassen Volcanic National Park East of Red Bluff.

    Sent with the HoFo App

  6. #2151
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,914
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Those spots in norcal should get some TLC later this year according to my att network engineer friend.
    Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 via the HowardForums WP7 App

  7. #2152
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Posts
    29,637
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhere View Post
    Those spots in norcal should get some TLC later this year according to my att network engineer friend.
    Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 via the HowardForums WP7 App
    Awesome, thanks! What areas in NorCal did he say would get it? I hope at least Ukiah, Cloverdale, Redwood Valley, Willits, Fort Bragg, Lakeport and Clearlake are up soon.

    Sent with the HoFo App

  8. #2153
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,914
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    He didn't specify exactly and I don't know the area at all but I'll pass along the areas you mentioned. I'll try to find out specifics as he learns about them. He says they often find out at the last minute.
    Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 via the HowardForums WP7 App

  9. #2154
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Posts
    29,637
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhere View Post
    He didn't specify exactly and I don't know the area at all but I'll pass along the areas you mentioned. I'll try to find out specifics as he learns about them. He says they often find out at the last minute.
    Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 via the HowardForums WP7 App
    Right on, I appreciate it! Little network birdies rock :thumbup: How's the LTE picture looking in your area?

    Sent with the HoFo App

  10. #2155
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    I called my local AT&T store right now. They informed me that 4G LTE is already installed on the tower but they're waiting to turn it on still. Something related to ground work or something I'm not sure. They are also building 2-3 new towers in Santa Maria, CA.
    I don't exactly know where since I haven't seen any new tower construction at all.
    But I'm still waiting for LTE. Crossing my fingers it will get turned on within a month or so. 😒😊


    Sent with the HoFo App

  11. #2156
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles/Canada
    Posts
    11,443
    Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    NorCal north and east of the Northern Sacramento Valley is without any LTE from AT&T (Siskiyou, Modoc, Lassen and Plumas Counties), and there are small gaps on 99 and 5 in the Northern Sacramento Valley itself too, even though the AT&T maps say otherwise. Trinity COUNTY also has no LTE. All those areas have LTE from Verizon and/or U.S. Cellular.

    Edit-The Northern Sacramento Valley is the Valley north of Sacramento and Roseville north to the Siskyou's, west to the Coast Ranges and east to the Cascades and Sierra's. The Cascades meet the Sierra's at Mount Lassen in Lassen Volcanic National Park East of Red Bluff.

    Sent with the HoFo App
    I was only going as far 'north' as Tahoe area on the US-395 :P
    Here's a vid for you - budd-y. Funny thing - they actually show a clip of White River in the 90's. That area's seen better days.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNx1d7t-lBU
    and some Alco's
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtQyn...1rUkGk&index=1

  12. #2157
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Posts
    29,637
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    I was only going as far 'north' as Tahoe area on the US-395 :P
    Here's a vid for you - budd-y. Funny thing - they actually show a clip of White River in the 90's. That area's seen better days.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNx1d7t-lBU
    and some Alco's
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtQyn...1rUkGk&index=1
    Lol Yeah, I know, I just got thinking a lot probably don't know the Sacramento and Northern Sacramento Valley, so I threw that out there, that, and I do ramble, I admit it.

    Awesome videos, thanks bro! I love Alco's/MLW's and Budd's! There are still some of both in regular passenger use in the US, though not as many as there used to be, it's always a treat to see them running. I see Canada still has some Budd's running too, they just soldier on, tough little guys. One of the trips I am eventually going to take is VIA's Canadian, I've been across the entire US by train, now it's time to do Canada, eh lol Speaking of which, did I tell you I'm part French Canadian? My dad's real dad's family settled in Southeastern Idaho and came from Quebec, and before that, France, his real dad's last name was Mousseau.

    Edit-Speaking of old trains, the UP is bringing back to the life the largest Steam Locomotive ever built, the Big Boy's, in this case no.4014-

    http://www.up.com/aboutup/special_tr..._january.shtml
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Pacific_4014
    http://www.trainmaster.ch/XC-53.htm
    http://www.railgiants.org/union-paci...g-boy-4014.htm

    It's been moved from it's home since 1962 at the L.A. County fairgrounds in Pomona to Colton, from there it'll be taken on to Cheyenne, WY, where it'll be restored to service.


  13. #2158
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Posts
    29,637
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    So, I was going over the coverage maps tonight, and I discovered LTE is now on (I'm not sure when they did this) in Point Arena and Manchester on our Mendocino Coast, great, but I can't for the life of me figure out why they'd turn it on there before Ukiah, Redwood Valley, Willits and Fort Bragg. Point Arena happens to be one of the smallest incorporated towns in California with a population of 447, and it's one of four incorporated cities in Mendocino County... Ukiah, Willits and Fort Bragg are the other ones. I mean, I'm glad LTE is finally showing up from AT&T in Mendocino County, and this means it will be in Redwood Valley soon, but Point Arena first? It's a remote, isolated area too, it was actually one of the last areas to get HSPA and HSPA+ here. AT&T, you're just weird.

    Attachment 104532
    Last edited by ilvla2; 02-10-2014 at 06:04 AM.

  14. #2159
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,410
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Pioneer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    I needed a snow-day project the other day and worked up this image of the midsection of the country. It's a little rough in southeast New Mexico, but there isn't any LTE there, it's the result of several hours of work with screenshots on a couple of different days. I did Texas separately and couldn't get it to mesh with the other images properly. It gives a pretty good indication of the extent of AT&T's LTE coverage in this part of the country. There are some pretty big gaps with a lot of 3G and 4G that hasn't been touched yet, considering their "substantially complete by summer 2014" statement.

    Attachment 104575

  15. #2160
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,914
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Att may miss the mark initially but they've made great strides with lte so just a matter of time I would think.
    Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Page 144 of 206 FirstFirst ... 44 94 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 194 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T 3G Rollout - Latest markets launching II
    By CaptShadow in forum AT&T Network Expansion and Upgrades
    Replies: 257
    Last Post: 02-12-2016, 12:39 AM
  2. AT&T 3G Rollout - Latest markets launching
    By Bpt_Flames in forum AT&T Network Expansion and Upgrades
    Replies: 3162
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 09:51 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 01:20 PM

Bookmarks