Thread: Google Play Store update now broke my phone

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down Google Play Store update now broke my phone

As far as I can tell, Google forced a new app of theirs called the Google Play Store onto my Droid 3 today, and with that, uninstalled the original Google Marketplace app.

On my Motorola Droid 3, when I go into Apps, there is an icon at the top right corner that kind-of looks like a white shopping bag. I have attached a pic to the bottom of this post which has an arrow pointing to the icon.

Previously, when I tapped on that icon, it opened up a menu into the Marketplace app.

Now, when I tap on on that icon, I get an error message "Application not installed on your phone".

How can I get this icon to work again???? I guess the icon now needs to open the new Google Play Store app?

Last edited by WaltA; 03-08-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Device(s)
    DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Google has released an updated that supposedly fixes the issue. If it hasn't automatically updated, you can download it from a link on Phandroid.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I guess that's Google's way of showing that they aren't playing favorites with Motorola lol.

Sent from my R800x using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
    How can I get this icon to work again???? I guess the icon now needs to open the new Google Play Store app?

That's not the market icon and I dont know what you have but it is understandable that it would not work. The market is called "Play Store" and has s triangle on a bag. All I did was "accept" terms and no prob.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveanderson13 View Post
    That's not the market icon and I dont know what you have but it is understandable that it would not work. The market is called "Play Store" and has s triangle on a bag. All I did was "accept" terms and no prob.
    It is the Marketplace icon. At least for Motorola Droid phones.

And with the new update from Google, 3.4.7, it how correctly opens the "Play Store", just like it use to open the "Marketplace".