Thread: UMA, wifi hotspot calling

Feedback Score

UMA, wifi hotspot calling

anybody have an updated list of tmo phones with uma? wi-fi calling?

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't have a complete list, but I do use this feature, especially when overseas. I got the Nokia E73 about 2 years ago, and that worked fairly well with UMA. It had a built in browser so you could log in to various free wifi hotspots. Now I have the LG Mytouch (E739), which has a different way of doing UMA. It lacks the switch off between gsm and wifi. But it seems a little better at holding the wifi connection. Also, I was able to add free wifi calling to my account just a few weeks ago, so wifi calls are not taken from my classic 1,000 minute family plan.

I think there are other Android handsets that have wifi calling as well. And there are some Blackberries as well.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    ALL BBs made in the last few years have had wifi calling. Those models running up thru OS6 have true UMA. The new models, released last summer, which in the last week just had their OS7 upgraded to do wifi calling use what I would call UMA lite. (It does wifi calling but doesn't hand off to cell tower.) I don't have a new BB, so don't know how well it works.
    All TM Androids since 12/10 seem to have wifi calling.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I can say for sure that the T-Mobile G2x and HTC Sensation work internationally on WiFi. I've used them in Europe a few times.

Feedback Score
    OP, the answer to your question should be very obvious.

To to the TMO homepage, look for phones, select "Wifi Calling" as a desire feature. Poof.

About two dozen currently, although some of them are the same, just different colors.