Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Plan Changes - The 55 plan and Unlimited get more data

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

New Plan Changes - The 55 plan and Unlimited get more data

We're very pleased to announce that effective immediately, the 1 GB of data that has been running as a special promotion on The 55 plan will now become a permanent plan change!
    The double-data "Leap Year Special" which began running January 26th as a limited-time promotion will now become a permanent change from 500 MB to 1 GB of data on The 55 plan.
    The price of the plan will remain at $55/month, and there are no other changes to this plan.
    Also coming in the very near future, we're increasing the amount of data on the Unlimited Talk n Text plan from 20 MB to 100 MB.
    We're confident that this 5X increase in data will be a welcomed plan upgrade for many customers who like the plan but need more data.
    The price of the plan, which was just reduced by $5 in December, will remain unchanged at $39.95.
    At the same time, the data overage rate for the Unlimited Talk n Text plan is increasing from $.10/MB to $.20/MB.
    We will be notifying you over the next couple of weeks regarding the exact date of the Unlimited Talk n Text plan changes.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Apheus View Post
    We're very pleased to announce that effective immediately, the 1 GB of data that has been running as a special promotion on The 55 plan will now become a permanent plan change!
    The double-data "Leap Year Special" which began running January 26th as a limited-time promotion will now become a permanent change from 500 MB to 1 GB of data on The 55 plan.
    The price of the plan will remain at $55/month, and there are no other changes to this plan.
    Also coming in the very near future, we're increasing the amount of data on the Unlimited Talk n Text plan from 20 MB to 100 MB.
    We're confident that this 5X increase in data will be a welcomed plan upgrade for many customers who like the plan but need more data.
    The price of the plan, which was just reduced by $5 in December, will remain unchanged at $39.95.
    At the same time, the data overage rate for the Unlimited Talk n Text plan is increasing from $.10/MB to $.20/MB.
    We will be notifying you over the next couple of weeks regarding the exact date of the Unlimited Talk n Text plan changes.

interesting move adding the 5x data and raising the overage rate. overall, i see this as a very positive change though and should work out well.

glad to see the 55 is now 1gb forever. both good moves by PP

now I just wish they would offer something like tmobile (capped full speed data, unlimited or high quota 2g / throttled data) but beggars can't be choosers

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Looks like two good changes to me. Big thumbs up!

Device(s)
    Nokia 830
    Carrier(s)
    Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    When will the rates go finally down for users of the standard plan???

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 10+, Saumsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; ADR6300 Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

The Standard plan data rate is the same as it was when PP rolled out official 3g and 1x data support almost 4 years ago... sheesh. Or it may have been $1.29/MB at first then later lowered to $0.99/MB... I can't remember now.

This is just as bad as the per minute voice rates on T-Mobile's prepaid PAYGO plan that haven't changed since like what...2004?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvmrvmrv View Post
    When will the rates go finally down for users of the standard plan???
    Agreed! I know PP employees regularly monitor these forums & I'm thankful for that. It shows good customer service. But the data rate on the Standard plan needs to be reduced. No one is expecting the same rate as monthly plans but $0.99 per MB is ridiculous. I know the 12 plan exists but I don't even use half the minutes or texts on that plan.

Feedback Score
    Yeahhh or please make bundles like you did for texts...

Feedback Score
    Big improvements for both. This will enable PPC to beat down the Att mvno horde challenge (especially H20 and Air Voice) as well as give its Utnt more data zap.

I think this will also make it far more competitive with Verizon prepaid's offerings in data. No unlimited but a gig and wifi is plenty for over 90 percent of users.

Way to go PPC. Wish there were more Verizon mvnos though...

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    More included data on the monthly plans is good, but PagePlus really needs to clean up their rate plans to make them easier to understand, and stop raising rates even if they do boost the included data amounts. It's hard to keep track of the rates, and even harder to explain the rates and figure out which is the best value for a particular calling/text/data usage pattern.

Why does PP have different overage rates for different monthly plans? The data overage rate for the 12 plan is $0.10/MB while the overage rate for the Unlimited Talk n Text plan is now $0.20/MB. Raising the UT&T data overage rate seems like a big step backward. Also, the standard plan has calling for $0.04 & texts for $0.05, while the overage rates for the 12 plan are $0.10/min and $0.10/text. This doesn't make sense at all. Customers shouldn't have to use a spreadsheet to figure out which plan is best for their needs, and that's where PagePlus' rates are at right now. One month you might be better off on the standard plan, one month the 12 and another month the UT&T. Way too complicated. Take a cue from Platinumtel, whose rates used to be great but are now just good to average, $0.05/min, $0.02/txt and $0.10/MB. Better still, Ting has ever decreasing rates depending on how much voice/txt/data is used. PagePlus should follow suit.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slohasley View Post
    More included data on the monthly plans is good, but PagePlus really needs to clean up their rate plans to make them easier to understand, and stop raising rates even if they do boost the included data amounts. It's hard to keep track of the rates, and even harder to explain the rates and figure out which is the best value for a particular calling/text/data usage pattern.

Why does PP have different overage rates for different monthly plans? The data overage rate for the 12 plan is $0.10/MB while the overage rate for the Unlimited Talk n Text plan is now $0.20/MB. Raising the UT&T data overage rate seems like a big step backward. Also, the standard plan has calling for $0.04 & texts for $0.05, while the overage rates for the 12 plan are $0.10/min and $0.10/text. This doesn't make sense at all. Customers shouldn't have to use a spreadsheet to figure out which plan is best for their needs, and that's where PagePlus' rates are at right now. One month you might be better off on the standard plan, one month the 12 and another month the UT&T. Way too complicated. Take a cue from Platinumtel, whose rates used to be great but are now just good to average, $0.05/min, $0.02/txt and $0.10/MB. Better still, Ting has ever decreasing rates depending on how much voice/txt/data is used. PagePlus should follow suit.
    Just FYI, the data overage rate on The 12 is NOT $0.10/MB. It is $0.20/MB.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Unless I'm missing something, seems like a fail. Raising overage rates?

And no changes to the 'Standard' Plan? Same as it has been for years? (OK they did lower the data 1.29/mb to 0.99c)

Frankly I'm disappointed, despite the fact that I know a lot of TnT'ers will appreciate 100MB data over the pathetic 20MB previously offered. Raising the overage rate is a low blow though.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabster View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, seems like a fail. Raising overage rates?

And no changes to the 'Standard' Plan? Same as it has been for years? (OK they did lower the data 1.29/mb to 0.99c)

Frankly I'm disappointed, despite the fact that I know a lot of TnT'ers will appreciate 100MB data over the pathetic 20MB previously offered. Raising the overage rate is a low blow though.
    If you're disappointed that there were no changes to the Standard Plan, that is understandable, but why would that make the other positive changes a fail? That makes no sense to me.

The UTnT change is an $8 bonus, with no additional cost. BEFORE the change, it would cost $47.95 $0.10 x 80MB) to get 100MB, and $57.95 to get 200MB, and at the 200MB point, it would be better to move to The 55. AFTER the change, it will cost $39.95 to get 100MB, and at the 200MB point, it would STILL be better to move to The 55. So there is an 80MB or $8 (at the old $0.10/MB overage) bonus (an increase up to 100MB) with no additional cost. I don't understand why you think it is a fail?

Feedback Score
    PP just keeps getting better. Glad I said goodbye to Big Red a few months ago.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    If you're disappointed that there were no changes to the Standard Plan, that is understandable, but why would that make the other positive changes a fail? That makes no sense to me.

The UTnT change is an $8 bonus, with no additional cost. BEFORE the change, it would cost $47.95 $0.10 x 80MB) to get 100MB, and $57.95 to get 200MB, and at the 200MB point, it would be better to move to The 55. AFTER the change, it will cost $39.95 to get 100MB, and at the 200MB point, it would STILL be better to move to The 55. So there is an 80MB or $8 (at the old $0.10/MB overage) bonus (an increase up to 100MB) with no additional cost. I don't understand why you think it is a fail?
    I think raising rates is a bad idea when the trend is to lower them. I agree the changes are an improvement to what existed before but hardly anything to get excited about. Like a previous poster mentioned, Page really needs to 'clean up' their rate plans and structure. It's a real mess, very confusing how there are so many different rates for the same services. Perhaps that is intentional, but either way, it sucks. And so does (still) the data pricing and lack of data blocks.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabster View Post
    I think raising rates is a bad idea when the trend is to lower them. I agree the changes are an improvement to what existed before but hardly anything to get excited about. Like a previous poster mentioned, Page really needs to 'clean up' their rate plans and structure. It's a real mess, very confusing how there are so many different rates for the same services. Perhaps that is intentional, but either way, it sucks. And so does (still) the data pricing and lack of data blocks.
    I guess that's the great thing about the free market. You can choose another provider if PPC isn't right for you. PPC is perfect for me, and it must be good enough for a lot of people, otherwise, they wouldn't be growing at the rate that they are. And remember, Vzw DOES have something to say about what goes on with PPC. There is only so much that PPC can really control. Based on that, I think PPC is doing a great job.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast