Thread: Busy working mom, needs new phone & company

Feedback Score

Busy working mom, needs new phone & company

not sure if this is the right place. Busy working mom who also volunteers. Need new phone & company. Checking this out is information overkill now. can someone just help me make a decision & soon?

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    how about some details about your usage? What are you paying now and what can you afford? If you are a mom, have you considered a family plan so multiple phones can be grouped together for cheaper rates?

Feedback Score
    currently sprint, share plan, everything data, 1500 anytime minutes, but each of us only use about 260 each. we have an employee discount of 23%.
    my contract is up, his is up in December. But my phone is quickly dying.
    He uses his smartphone perks, I don't have to, unless price is not too much.
    I'm not that happy w/ Sprint, alot of dropped calls. But if that is the best I can do, I'll have to keep sprint & get new phone. I think Sprint is $10/month for data, verizon is $30 - yikes!

shared plan = $110
    discount - 25.30
    everything data shared + 20
    premium data add-on +10
    equipment insurance + 8
    taxes, fees, surchgs + 18
    about = 140.00

looking for single plan w/ new phone, less than $70. I can get about a 20% discount with sprint & verizon.
    prefer smartphone w/ speech to text, swipe, good camera.

Device(s)
    Samsung Moment
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    Have you considered T-Mobile?

With T-Mobile you can get two unlimited everything (minutes, text, and data) plans on any of their phones for $49.99 each = $100 a month for unlimited on both lines. (Data is up to 2GB at 4G speeds then throttled afterwards.)

If you get a single plan on Value, it's $49.99 a month for 500 mins, unlimited text and 2GB 4G data before throttled to slower data speeds.

The catch with Value is you have to pay full price for the phone, whether buying your own phone through ebay or craigslist, or financing it through T-Mobile over 2 years (no interest at least) that's how the plans come out so much cheaper than Sprint or any other carrier.

If you can get a corp discount that'll knock it down even further.

As an example of my plans:

Sprint 450 Everything data = $79.99 (with 15% discount for work) + $30.00 mobile hotspot = $109.99

T-Mobile 500 Mins 5GB data unlimited text with free hotspot = $65.00 a month (with 12% discount for work)

I actually just recently cancelled the hotspot on Sprint though so I'm down to $80 a month again, which is STILL more than T-Mobile with hotspot and mobile album life built-in to my plan.

Plus the ability to swap sim cards in and out of any phone I choose is nice. I go between my basic flip phone and my Sidekick 4G at least a few times a week, dont have to call into CS or go online and do an ESN swap or anything time consuming. And there's no upgrade fee like there is with Sprint whenever you put a new phone on your account.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    Have you thought about prepaid service? Boost could be a good option for you since it's everything unlimited. Instead of paying the same amount for two years, you could get $15 off on your plan as long as you kept paying on time. You could also do Virgin Mobile and have a 1200 minute plan with unlimited data for $45 a month.

It won't give you roaming and it won't be the latest and greatest phones, but it could save you quite a bit of money. Plus, if you don't like it, you can always go somewhere else without worrying about early termination fees. Just check the map before switching to make sure you'll still have coverage where you'll need it most.

Feedback Score
    I think friend has boost & it drops calls all the time.

Feedback Score
    Page plus cellular works on the nations largest network,55 month gives you unlimited talk and text worth one full gig of data. You can use that worth some great VerizOn phones. Those other companies mentioned don't work where I live.

Sent from my DROIDX using HowardForums