Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who plans to sell Verizon in the year 2015?

Device(s)
    htc 8125
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    I've got an interview with a used car dealership, I learned sales selling car sback in the early 00's and I wished I didn't have to go back but cellular sales is pretty much dead. I work for one of the big franchises but my boss only has two stores, one he spends all his time in and the one I work at where most of the money is made. My store even though it is the better store barely has any stock, we get stuff and we sell it and it is never replenished, there is only myself and one other person that works at the store and as a result of this the people who used to come to the store have stopped(they hate to wait and I can't blame them), our lack of stock has also cost sales the boss says just tell them we can order it but really why come to a store at all if they don't have something? This week is really bad said boss is away for two days for training, and has to take his kid to a college tour, so myself and the other guy are split between two stores, the boss does have a part timer in his location but he won't give her anymore than 20hrs a week because his views of payroll is how much he wants to pay not what is good for business. All that plus the lack of sales the elimination of annual upgrades, the fact that more people do shop online and on ly come in with questions adds to me getting out asap

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionsVantage View Post
    Go wireless, cellular sales, wireless zone, a wireless and two others I never remember.

It refers to the six national retailers as opposed to a premium retailer like Atlantic wireless.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using HowardForums
    Diamond wireless and Moorehead I believe.

I'm out in hopefully the next 6 months. Started in 2007 with an AT&T indirect right at the time Cingular was going to the AT&T brand. Spent 2 years with the AT&T indirect not being able to sell AT&T's biggest selling phone (iPhone). Then when we did get it, we made crumbs on the sale of it so I jumped ship to a Verizon indirect.

Verizon indirect has been much better than AT&T indirect but wireless is going downhill in general. I just got my salary cut in half and my responsibilities went up, when I was told they were going to go down. I can't wait to get out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terhett View Post
    Diamond wireless and Moorehead I believe.

I'm out in hopefully the next 6 months. Started in 2007 with an AT&T indirect right at the time Cingular was going to the AT&T brand. Spent 2 years with the AT&T indirect not being able to sell AT&T's biggest selling phone (iPhone). Then when we did get it, we made crumbs on the sale of it so I jumped ship to a Verizon indirect.

Verizon indirect has been much better than AT&T indirect but wireless is going downhill in general. I just got my salary cut in half and my responsibilities went up, when I was told they were going to go down. I can't wait to get out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I feel your pain I have been playing Quantum Leap with the wireless industry, hoping the next jump is a better one or just comfortable enough to tolerate, but each leap just gets worse and worse..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reddragonprodz View Post
    I feel your pain I have been playing Quantum Leap with the wireless industry, hoping the next jump is a better one or just comfortable enough to tolerate, but each leap just gets worse and worse..

ALL of the doors we have opened in the last 2 years have been garbage. Only our oldest doors (that verizon has decided for the time being to protect) are doing respectable numbers.

Device(s)
    htc 8125
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    I begin selling cars again on July 9th, I'm very excited about it. As I count down the time it amazes me how hopeless people with phones actually are in the last five minutes I've had three people who really shouldn't have smartphones, the last straw was the person with the insurance phone who just walked in and hadn't even opend the box to see how freaking idiot proof to downlad one's contacts pics and apps through their own itunes accounts.

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpimp View Post
    I begin selling cars again on July 9th, I'm very excited about it. As I count down the time it amazes me how hopeless people with phones actually are in the last five minutes I've had three people who really shouldn't have smartphones, the last straw was the person with the insurance phone who just walked in and hadn't even opend the box to see how freaking idiot proof to downlad one's contacts pics and apps through their own itunes accounts.
    One of the big problems is the metrics that force the sales force to cram smartphones down the throats of those who either do not have the mental capacity or the interest in spending 10 minutes a day for a few days in order to gain basic skills needed to operate a phone. Too many customers expect us to guide them in a good direction rather than giving some modest attempt to think it through themselves. Not sure the customer or the rep is solely to blame, but it is a waste of everyone's time when the wrong person gets a smartphone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AT&T Snatcher View Post
    One of the big problems is the metrics that force the sales force to cram smartphones down the throats of those who either do not have the mental capacity or the interest in spending 10 minutes a day for a few days in order to gain basic skills needed to operate a phone. Too many customers expect us to guide them in a good direction rather than giving some modest attempt to think it through themselves. Not sure the customer or the rep is solely to blame, but it is a waste of everyone's time when the wrong person gets a smartphone.
    Its been very easy for us to sell smartphones in most locations, it really depends on your demographics more than your selling skills. To sell a smartphone to someone who does not have an email address is a waste of their money.

Device(s)
    htc 8125
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWINDIRECTGUY View Post
    Its been very easy for us to sell smartphones in most locations, it really depends on your demographics more than your selling skills. To sell a smartphone to someone who does not have an email address is a waste of their money.
    Unless it's an Android device you can help them create a gmail email on the phone, then explain to them how it works and to remember the username and password. I'm more referring to what snatcher mentioned where they won't even bother to try to think it through themselves; for the most part programs and computers are very simple A+B=C. Instead of trying to figure it out, people hop in their cars, wait in long lines, get an answer(expect the answer to be more complicated than it usually is) then waste another twenty minutes trying to get a different answer asking the same question in different ways; meanwhile people who want to buy things leave because the wait is too long.

Feedback Score
    I don't think that will ever change, in fact I think we are going to see more of it as Verizon starts handing out free phones through their website and customers pour into your stores demanding face to face assistance.

Device(s)
    htc 8125
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    I don't think that will ever change, in fact I think we are going to see more of it as Verizon starts handing out free phones through their website and customers pour into your stores demanding face to face assistance.
    Hence why I'm out and it's sad too, me and the other guy who I work with have a decent customer base who buy from us, come in and ask questions(then say how much do we owe them. Nothing becuase they bought from us), these same customers will tip us, buy us dinner/lunches, and even scratch tickets. Then there are the ones who bought online or from walmart/bestbuy and expect us to do everything for them for free and scream and shout when we won't

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Go wireless, cellular sales, wireless zone, a wireless, mybullfrog and Moorehead Communications are the big 6

Feedback Score
    Making good money plan on doing this till I have a heart attack on the sales floor.

Making more money then I made last year, and I was making good money a year before that.

Yes I am walking on sunshine.

I'll be doing this for at least another 20 years.

Just wondering if most of the indirects still see themselves doing this for a living in the next 3 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2