Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Summer Tire Reviews

Device(s)
    Sharp SH-09D
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Summer Tire Reviews

Well Summer time is coming, so time to post this again for people who are interested in getting summer tires or all season and need some feedback so please post guys

Just fill in the blanks please..

Tire Brand :
    Tire Size :
    How long you had them :
    How They perform in Dry Roads :
    How They perform in Wet Roads :
    How They perform in off Roads :
    How Are they preformance wise :
    Would you use them again this Season?:
    Overall your opinion of this Tire?
    [Selling 6FT DVI to DVI Cables]

My Call Sign for XBOX Live is : SS Talon
    My Call Sign for PS3 is : sstalon
    Game Center is : sstalon
    Ping is : sstalon
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination.

Device(s)
    Primary: 902SH
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Tire Brand : Toyo Spectrums (i use them all year round)

Tire Size : 195/70/R14

How long you had them : 1yr

How They perform in Dry Roads : they are better than the tires i had before (i can't remember what i had before.. some kinda goodyears or something) at this point i have never tried performance tires before... but these are quite good compared to my previous tires... and they are a lot better than the michelins on my other car. but it's nothing spectacular to rave about

How They perform in Wet Roads : i still hydroplane a bit... but my tires don't spin as much now... feel more safe driving at higher speeds than with previous tires. grip is quite decent in the rain. in snow they are average at best... but this was a mild winter so i can't comment too much...

How They perform in off Roads : N/A i don't do offroading

How Are they preformance wise : the sidewalls are soft... when i take a corner fast-ish it's really noticeable... also, for the first several months, driving @ 120 the car seemed to just float and have not much grip... but i guess that was just the break-in period? because they are fine now. 160km/h feels great

Would you use them again this Season?: yes, treadwear is something like 500+ so i think they'll last a few more years

Overall your opinion of this Tire? they are decent... i wish they didn't suck @ 120km/h for the first few months tho... these are on a camry... and i guess it suits the application
    Last edited by ElvaSoShexai; 03-07-2006 at 01:45 PM.
    -----------------
    MY FEEDBACKS:
    Howard Forums
    Heatware

PAST PHONES:
    W810i, D750i(W800i), K750i, D500, S700i, P900, GX32, Inno55, 6620, V80,
    E715,T630, Z600, V300, X70, 6200, P408, S307, T616, 7210, T300, T68i,
    V220, X426, 6590i, a388, 8260,

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Tire Brand : Yokohama Parada Spec 2
    Tire Size : 215/35/18
    How long you had them : 1 summer
    How They perform in Dry Roads : These things grip unbelievably on dry roads. Hard turns and curves are no problem at all, I go into these very confident now.
    How They perform in Wet Roads : I've had a little hydroplaning, these tires lack a little in this department IMO. But unless I drive like a moron I still stick to the road respectably.
    How They perform in off Roads : N/A, I've never taken them off pavement
    How Are they preformance wise : I found that proper inflation really makes a difference with these tires. Also they can be a little noisy; not a big deal considering my exhaust and system drown the road noise out anyway; the performance is worth it, I can't even chirp these tires cause they hook up nice and fast. They do wear rather quickly especially under camber (make sure you're aligned properly, toe will chew these tires up super fast).
    Would you use them again this Season?: Absolutely, and I have 2 which probably need replacement this year - I will be going back to the Paradas again for those.
    Overall your opinion of this Tire? Besides the treadwear and the only slightly negative experience with wet conditions, I have to say I do like this tire very much. It costs a little more especially considering I'd be replacing any given tire after 1.5 summers, but the grip factor is worth it.

Feedback Score
    WHat is best tire brand?? good year?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo768
    WHat is best tire brand?? good year?
    What are you using the tire for?

Feedback Score
    Trying to remember off the top of my head...

Tire Brand : Hankook RS-2 Z212
    Tire Size : 215/40R16
    How long you had them : 1/2 summer
    How They perform in Dry Roads : Haven't pushed them yet. Will update in a month or 2.
    How They perform in Wet Roads : Initial traction is pretty poor. Maybe they were cold, the drive to work is close. Stopping power is good.
    How They perform in off Roads : Wouldn't try.
    How Are they preformance wise : Should be excellent. Rated sub Azenis RT-615's but for < $, possibly the best bang-for-buck performance tire.
    Would you use them again this Season?: Yes
    Overall your opinion of this Tire? Grab em if you don't need the best performance and want to save a few bucks.

Device(s)
    VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    All tires were used on a 1988 Ford Mustang LX 5.0, set up for drag racing and some auto-x.

Tire Brand : Nexen N3000
    Tire Size : 245/45R17
    How long you had them : 6 months
    How They perform in Dry Roads : They stick well for a street tire and perform well.
    How They perform in Wet Roads : Only driven in the rain with them once but they did very well.
    How They perform in off Roads : N/A
    How Are they preformance wise : I have these tire on my 88 Mustang 5.0 and they netted me 1st in my class at my local SCCA SOLO2 event.
    Overall your opinion of this Tire? Great tire for the money

Tire Brand : M/T ET Street Radial
    Tire Size : 275/50R15
    How long you had them : 7 months
    How They perform in Dry Roads : They stick like a slick on the street and track.
    How They perform in Wet Roads : *Not for wet weather use due to reduced tread depth* Caught in the rain once an it was not fun!
    How Are they preformance wise : With a nice burnout and the right tire pressure they will hook just as well as a slick while still remaining street legal.
    Overall your opinion of this Tire? Best Drag radial tire you can buy.
    Joel

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Tire Brand : BF Goodrich KDW2
    Tire Size : 245/35/18 275/30/18
    How long you had them : 4 months
    How They perform in Dry Roads : Haven't tested them on the track but on the street they're more grippy than the Continental Contisport Contacts they replaced.
    How They perform in Wet Roads : GREAT.. gave me confidence in the rain
    How Are they preformance wise : not fully tested
    Would you use them again this Season?: Yes if I don't step up to Michelin PS2s
    Overall your opinion of this Tire? A bit noisy but good traction for a good price

Device(s)
    Sharp SH-09D
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Tire Brand : Toyo Proxes 4 Tires
    Tire Size : 17
    How long you had them : last summer
    How They perform in Dry Roads : Very excellent
    How They perform in Wet Roads : they work pretty well.
    How They perform in off Roads : Never tried it yet.
    How Are they preformance wise : I love them wicked on turns and hold very well on high speeds.
    Would you use them again this Season?: for sure!!!
    Overall your opinion of this Tire? I love theses.. although when theses wear out i probably will go for a higher performance toyo tire....

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tire Brand : Falken 512
    Tire Size : 225/45/17R
    How long you had them : since march
    How They perform in Dry Roads : AMAZING
    How They perform in Wet Roads : BETTER THAN ANYTHING I HAVE HAD
    How They perform in off Roads : never tried.. my car doesn't do too well in this category
    How Are they preformance wise : LOVE THEM
    Would you use them again this Season?: DEFINITELY
    Overall your opinion of this Tire? GREAT tires, GREAT treadwear with the type of driving i do + heavy car (C320 Coupe) GREAT price.. will definitely recommend
    My HowardForums.com Feedbacks (225 and counting)

email - [email protected]
    please when adding me to your contact list, please let me know you are from howardforums.

Device(s)
    Primary: 902SH
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Tire Brand : Falken Zeix-512
    Tire Size : 215/40/17R
    How long you had them : 1 month
    How They perform in Dry Roads : incredible... but these are my first set of performance tires
    How They perform in Wet Roads : haven't hydroplaned yet
    How They perform in off Roads : n/a
    How Are they preformance wise : ... just gotta say no complaints so far
    Would you use them again this Season?: i actually wanna try something else when these wear out just to try out different tires
    Overall your opinion of this Tire? They're great tires. but low tread rating. but i guess u can't have both

Feedback Score
    IMHO I think it would be nice to see what everyone paid for their tires (and how many they bought and such)

Device(s)
    Vodafone 903t by Toshiba (White/Silver)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Tire Brand : Dunlop SP Sport FM901 (OOP)
    Tire Size : 225/45/ZR17
    How long you had them : 1yr (3 sets)
    How They perform in Dry Roads : Excellent grip and progressive traction loss. Good sidewall stiffness. Loud road noise / cornering squeal. Poor treadwear.
    How They perform in Wet Roads : Good new, moderate to bad as they wear out.
    How They perform in off Roads : Don't even try it.
    How Are they preformance wise : Excellent grip. Turn-in could be sharper, due to sidewall flex.
    Would you use them again this Season?: Yes, however, they're out of production and are hard to find.
    Overall your opinion of this Tire? A great performance tyre, but not optimal for wet conditions or daily-driving.

Tire Brand : Dunlop Direzza DZ101. (Replacement for FM901)
    Tire Size : 225/45/ZR17
    How long you had them : 2mon
    How They perform in Dry Roads : Excellent grip, slightly better than the 901s. Sidewall flex is much improved, they're much stiffer, so steering response is improved. Less road noise. Less cornering squeal, but it's still there, just closer to the tires' limits. While the grip limits are higher, they seem to be easier to break traction if wanted (likely due to sidewall stiffness). They're very controllable in a slide, however, and it's easy to avoid breaking traction with good driving.
    How They perform in Wet Roads : Moderate.
    How They perform in off Roads : Don't even try it.
    How Are they preformance wise : Excellent overall, for the price. (US 105/each)
    Overall your opinion of this Tire? Great street/performance tire. Treadwear and ultimate grip have both been improved, due to newer compound and design technology. Overall, a worthy successor to the FM901. The only shortcoming, which may be important to some people, is that the look of the tread is more conventional than the super-agressive 901.

Device(s)
    D807 current and not changing!
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Tire Brand: Sumitomo HTR+
    Tire Size: 225/45/17
    How Long: 1 year
    Dry Road Performance: Holeshot type grip was not at all what I had hoped. It was no problem getting 3rd gear scratch in a 99 Eclipse RS. Cornering grip however was phenominal. Very MILD understeer was the worst I could get out of these no matter how hard I pushed them.
    Wet Road Performance: Very civil very grippy.
    Offroad Performance: N/A lowered 2" with fiberglass bodykit nuff said.
    Would You Use Them Again: Absolutely I was very pleased with these. Fronts wore kinda quick but I think thats more my foots fault then the tires.
    Overall Opinion: Great tire at a great price just initial take off grip could be a little better.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    11 Performance Tires Tested

By: Car & Driver December 2005

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 Tires Picked as Best Overall Performance Tires

GoodYear Eagle F1 GS-D3 summer performance tires

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast