Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: FREE! Nokia 900 4G, has AT&T gone bonkers?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    I was defending the Nokia.
    Apparently its working since the Lumia is selling very well, even with all the noise the detractors are making.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CA View Post
    New ATT video:

There it goes, your market is cute chicks, who do lots of social media, takes pictures, watches videos, sending emails and tweets! All with a user friendly UI and doesn't need a lot of apps that for example control model trains or needs is a solution to support OpenPGP standard (RFC 4880) on an iOS device for example.

And with the embargo lifted, here's a shortcut to all 29 reviews produced by gdgt

Nokia Lumia 900
    Last edited by spdickey; 04-04-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    My order status shows: "Shipped," through Premier on 4/4/12 but no details and it still says "pre-order."

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Mine still shows as in progress, is it normal for Premiers to go first?

Btw, in chat I was told that a data package is needed for when there is no WIFI. Now that's a spin! The 50 dollar plan is needed for tethering, so at least they haven't derailed that.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Mine still shows as in progress, is it normal for Premiers to go first?

Btw, in chat I was told that a data package is needed for when there is no WIFI. Now that's a spin! The 50 dollar plan is needed for tethering, so at least they haven't derailed that.
    So does that mean you don't have to get a data package if you don't have WIFI? That would be a big plus for lots of people.

I ordered via Amazon Wireless, so far my status is:

Shipment #1: Not Yet Shipped
    Shipping Estimate: Apr 9, 2012
    Delivery Estimate: Apr 11, 2012

And more and more reviews surface...

Nokia’s Lumia 900 is the best $100 smartphone yet (review)

Who would have thought that a Windows Phone — and one from Nokia, no less — would be one of the best alternatives to Apple’s iPhone that we’ve ever seen. And at $100, it’s a downright steal.
    Last edited by spdickey; 04-05-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Lets just hope the RF on it is great! I keep reading about the screen, and how visible it is outside, that alone will defiantly come in handy for me. Can't see, can't dial.
    Today a group of leading venture capitalists published an open letter to the FCC calling on them to prevent what they say would be the end of net neutrality and a crippling blow to young startups.
    No Google, say it ain't (or wouldn't of been ) so! ATT and Verizon would have killed their own cash cow.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Update:

Just called and pre orders are supposed to go out today with a FedEX tracking number for your email account.

I have suspicion, just a suspicion mind you. They told me I have great credit so no deposit, but I know of at least 3 people who do have really bad credit, one of them is about 500 fico. And they all called and they will be getting theirs too, without deposit!!!

I have a sneaking feeling someone is desperately trying to pump up some numbers.....for the press that is! Free premium phone, no deposit for the poor....What a Country!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Update:

Just called and pre orders are supposed to go out today with a FedEX tracking number for your email account.

I have suspicion, just a suspicion mind you. They told me I have great credit so no deposit, but I know of at least 3 people who do have really bad credit, one of them is about 500 fico. And they all called and they will be getting theirs too, without deposit!!!

I have a sneaking feeling someone is desperately trying to pump up some numbers.....for the press that is! Free premium phone, no deposit for the poor....What a Country!
    They're pumping the phone not just for the press, but to get the phones in the hands of consumers and hopefully make WP7 and Nokia a hit.

Amazon charged me more than AT&T would have, but with zero sales tax, no credit check, either. They say they ship on Monday with delivery next Wednesday. So another seven days of imagining how nice my new cyan phone is going to look.

Oh, and I found a good textbook like guide for setting the thing up right in the first place. You can get it used from Amazon for $2.99. It was written back in 2010, but the author has online updates.

http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Phone-...3657970&sr=1-1

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Amazon doesn't do credit checks, that's a new one because I've read posts on hofo about orders getting cancelled.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Amazon doesn't do credit checks, that's a new one because I've read posts on hofo about orders getting cancelled.
    I wasn't asked for my social security number to run a credit check with Amazon. I simply supplied them with my credit card number. They did check with AT&T about upgrade authorization. That could be the source of orders getting cancelled if AT&T is running credit checks behind the scenes before they authorize the upgrade.

And here's a page with some more reviews on the Lumia 900

Windows Phone Newsroom: Top Stories
    Last edited by spdickey; 04-05-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7