Thread: OK: I got my Lumia 900 today.... (Matte Black)

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

OK: I got my Lumia 900 today.... (Matte Black)

Preliminary thoughts:

A) Feels good in the hands (but a teeny bit too chunky for me to use as a music player at the gym.... hopefully I'll get used to it.... and forget adding a case as it would make this thing waaaay to fat)
    B) Screen looks great
    C) RF seems average
    D) Call quality good/sharp (speakerphone average)
    E) Setup/Sync super fast after entering my Windows Live ID
    F) Device very snappy (sometimes too snappy if you can believe it)
    G) Love Nokia Drive
    H) USA Maps takes too much memory for a device w/o expandable memory
    I) Thumbs down on the lack of display coating to prevent too many fingerprints
    J) Durable body but the matte black soaks in oils from your skin/hands so some parts look greasy (going to get the ZAGG invisible shield to take care of this problem)
    K) Plenty of apps but missing my Chase Bank, LinkedIn and Pandora app
    L) Slacker App sucks on WP7 (too hard to navigate, constant pausing for no reason and the loading screen gets stuck if you navigate away then back)
    M) Web browser is actually very quick despite what I read from Engadget
    N) Thumbs down for a lack of customization options (WP7 issue not Lumia)
    O) Exchange and Office integration great

Overall I give this a 7.5 out of 10. This is a great device moreso for the user not overly reliant on Android or iOS in my opinion. Decent specs at a great price. WP7 doesn't need 500k apps. It just needs more of the ones that people use the most and it will go more mainstream. I would definitely recommend this device as a refreshing alternative to Android or iOS. I hope future versions of WP7 support more premium specs under the hood to compete better in the marketplace.

One thing I would say for anyone on the fence is to just give it a shot and don't throw in the towel after one day. I notice the more I play with this the more I like it but I'm willing to give it an honest shot and that means using it at least for a few weeks as my main driver.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I got Amazon Wireless to knock $70 off the price of my Lumia 900 because of their price guarantee policy. I just pointed the rep to the WalMart site where the phone is $49.99 with contract, and she adjusted my order from $119.99 down to $49.99!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Very nice. Glad they did that for you.

I too paid $49.99 plus tax but I got mine through my Premier website at work. Came out to $80 something.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    No visual voicemail yet I see? Called AT&T and the rep was clueless. He kept telling me that Android phones can download their own VV feature through Google's Marketplace. I told him the Lumia 900 was WP7 and the Google Markeplace was now called Google Play or PlayStore.

One but I think is related to the OS or the phone itself: Media keeps pausing... doesn't matter if it's streaming (cellular/WiFi) or cached. Randomly pauses and won't resume on its own using Slacker, Spotify and iHeartRadio.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danny.boi View Post
    Very nice. Glad they did that for you.

I too paid $49.99 plus tax but I got mine through my Premier website at work. Came out to $80 something.
    I'm Premiere as well, but here in CA the sales tax would be about $50. And AT&T still wanted $99 to upgrade my Family Plan line,

No visual voicemail yet I see? Called AT&T and the rep was clueless. He kept telling me that Android phones can download their own VV feature through Google's Marketplace. I told him the Lumia 900 was WP7 and the Google Markeplace was now called Google Play or PlayStore.

One but I think is related to the OS or the phone itself: Media keeps pausing... doesn't matter if it's streaming (cellular/WiFi) or cached. Randomly pauses and won't resume on its own using Slacker, Spotify and iHeartRadio.
    Instead of calling a clueless rep at the carrier, use the Nokia setup service, Nokia SmartSetup: https://setup.nokiausa.com/

UPDATE: Good news, Amazon reports they shipped last night. Got a tracker and UPS is now saying it will be here one day earlier tomorrow afternoon. WooT!!!
    Last edited by spdickey; 04-09-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Device(s)
    BB 9810 is primary
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Got mine today at an AT&T store. $$49.99 plus a $100 rebate from AT&T due to the data issues.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

There is visual voicemail. You have to enable it. Go to Settings -> Applications -> Phone. There is a slider to enable VVM.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    There is visual voicemail. You have to enable it. Go to Settings -> Applications -> Phone. There is a slider to enable VVM.
    AT&T also had to put you on the LTE with visual voicemail plan (same price)and perhaps reset your mailbox. It may take about am hour before your phone will ask for your voicemail password.