Thread: Will AT&T "audit" my $30 unlimited LTE smartphone data plan if using an iPhone?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score

Will AT&T "audit" my $30 unlimited LTE smartphone data plan if using an iPhone?

First off, I am paranoid about losing my unlimited data plan (lots of people don't realize FAN data discounts now start at $50 and DO NOT apply to the $30/3GB data plan). But FAN discounts still apply to the $25/2GB data plan along with the $30 grandfathered unlimited data plans.

So I just sent back my Nokia Lumia 900 and swap in my iphone 4S until they send me a new Nokia Lumia 900 LTE phone.

On the OLAM, ATT warns they have the right to audit and put you on an "appropriate iphone data plan" if you are not using the right data plan.

$30 data plan is $30 data plan to me. I don't care for visual voicemail crap.

Has ATT ever audited anyone with a $30 LTE unlimited data plan for using the wrong smartphone?

Yes I know unlimited LTE isn't really unlimited...I rarely go over 1GB to began with.

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    They will not change your plan and you have a 5gb softcap with the Iphone

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
    They will not change your plan and you have a 5gb softcap with the Iphone
    I just switched from a Nexus One to a Lumia 900. AT&T switched me to the Unlimited Smartphone LTE data plan with Visual Voicemail for $30 from my grandfathered 3G plan.

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spdickey View Post
    I just switched from a Nexus One to a Lumia 900. AT&T switched me to the Unlimited Smartphone LTE data plan with Visual Voicemail for $30 from my grandfathered 3G plan.
    And if you switched to the Iphone they would keep you on the Unlimited Smartphone LTE plan unless you call customer service

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
    And if you switched to the Iphone they would keep you on the Unlimited Smartphone LTE plan unless you call customer service
    Actually the iPhone is not an LTE device, regardless of the "4G" icon displayed on the phone at AT&T's insistence. But I'm sure the data would still flow, and the visual voice-mail would still work.

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spdickey View Post
    Actually the iPhone is not an LTE device, regardless of the "4G" icon displayed on the phone at AT&T's insistence. But I'm sure the data would still flow, and the visual voice-mail would still work.
    Correct data will still flow and VM will still work and they will not change your data plan back to Iphone unlimited

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    Great thanks for the responses.

I just did not want the stupid sweep system "switching" me to the $30/3GB data plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You will still have access to their LTE network when using their LTE phone with PTA apn since you've already been provisioned. You're all set.
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah. What I have also heard is if u are on lte provision data plan. Even when using hspa plus phones like iPhone that your latency times will be improved because u are accessing a different apn

Sent from my Lumia 900 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Feedback Score
    Do they still let you have the 5GB throttle point instead of the 3GB throttle point even though you're no longer using an LTE device? If so, that may be a loophole that some people could take advantage of to increase their throttle point without using an LTE device.