Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: LG Optimus Elite coming to VM.

Device(s)
    HTC Snap
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Nice. I don't see the Elite as being a 'bad' phone. It may have lower than average specs, but that processor is pretty speedy for what I'd need it for. I'm not trying to go app crazy on my phone. I'll be upgrading to the Elite from the OV.

Feedback Score
    Releasing this before the 27th was a dumb move on their part if they didn't intend to allow people to keep their $25 plans. This is going to cause a support headache for them.

Device(s)
    HTC Snap
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Looks like the Elite is a little bit lighter than the OV. I live in an area that doesn't get WiMax at home (only when I'm in Charlotte), so there's no advantage for me to get the Evo. I wish the HTC One V was coming out this month as well, but the Elite should be good.

Device(s)
    lg optimus,motorola i425,samsung r211
    Carrier(s)
    boost mobile,cricket paygo,virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (lg optimus v,huawei m835: Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.29703/27.1662; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Quote Originally Posted by quikah
    Releasing this before the 27th was a dumb move on their part if they didn't intend to allow people to keep their $25 plans. This is going to cause a support headache for them.
    this forum is for the users so who cares

Feedback Score
    Picked up the LG Optimus Elite at Walmart today. Swapped phones online. Takes about 5 minutes to complete the swap. Phone up and running. Completed email and wifi settings. Phone works like a charm. Smooth and very responsive screen. Downloading rest of apps from Market. Made a few calls. Audio very good. Wifi great. Took a few picks with the flash... works great. Phone is the exact same size as my iPhone4, though it is lighter in weight. Battery took about an hour to fully charge while I was activating and playing around with it. I think my wife will love this phone. My account shows the picture for the LG Optimus Elite and $25 plan, so we are good. No 4G in this area (only Atlanta and Millegeville in Georgia) so this is the phone for now. I think it is a nice upgrade from the OV.

Carrier(s)
    Gophone/ Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Sure wish I knew 100% that I would be able to stay on $25 plan. The phone was perfect size for pocket, I work construction and my Tmo gs2 is too big. Too many conflicting rumors about getting kicked off grandfathered plans. I wish my original Elite didn't stop working, as I probably would have rolled the dice and risked my $25 plan. If I got booted, I would deal with the big ole gs2 in the pocket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larryoham12 View Post
    Picked up the LG Optimus Elite at Walmart today. Swapped phones online. Takes about 5 minutes to complete the swap. Phone up and running. Completed email and wifi settings. Phone works like a charm. Smooth and very responsive screen. Downloading rest of apps from Market. Made a few calls. Audio very good. Wifi great. Took a few picks with the flash... works great. Phone is the exact same size as my iPhone4, though it is lighter in weight. Battery took about an hour to fully charge while I was activating and playing around with it. I think my wife will love this phone. My account shows the picture for the LG Optimus Elite and $25 plan, so we are good. No 4G in this area (only Atlanta and Millegeville in Georgia) so this is the phone for now. I think it is a nice upgrade from the OV.
    there's a pretty good chance you'll be bumped up to $35 plan next month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Won View Post
    there's a pretty good chance you'll be bumped up to $35 plan next month.
    It is official if you activate before 27th u will stay on same plan.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larryoham12 View Post
    It is official if you activate before 27th u will stay on same plan.
    Actually it is official that phones released after May 1st will be subject to the new rate plans as of May 27th.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Valistener View Post
    Actually it is official that phones released after May 1st will be subject to the new rate plans as of May 27th.
    Not anymore. VM changed their minds again, and changed it to "any phone bought after the 27th"

Sent from my LG-VM696

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCredit1 View Post
    Not anymore. VM changed their minds again, and changed it to "any phone bought after the 27th"

Sent from my LG-VM696
    Have a link to VM website detailing this change?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCredit1 View Post

Sent from my LG-VM696
    If you buy the Elite and activate before 27 May, you will remain on grandfathered plan. Activate on 27th and you will be on the 35 dollar plan. This was confirmed with corporate by gurus on VM facebook page.

Virgin Mobile USA Hi Mary! Justin is correct. If you purchase and phone released before May 27th you can keep your grandfathered plan. Any phone released after May27th, it will require you to change.

Thanks Justin Michel Fortier! ^Andrea
    9 hours ago · Like.

Justin Michel Fortier No problem! Can you get the Optimus Elite and stay grandfathered?
    9 hours ago · Like.

Virgin Mobile USA As long as you purchase the phone before the 27th you're in the clear! ^Andrea E
    9 hours ago · Like · 1

Virgin Mobile USA Hi David, as long as the phone is on the account BEFORE May 27th, you can keep the grandfathered $25 plan. ^Susie M
    Last edited by larryoham12; 05-12-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Add comment

Device(s)
    HTC Snap
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Picked up an Elite today..only had one left at WM. Its a solid phone..feels like an iphone in the hand, but weighs a lot less.

Feedback Score
    ******* it......i was so excited for evo 3D and ready to buy it this month(already looked around for case/screen protector/etc lol), and now i'm learning that elite qualifies for grandfather plan. this changes everything for me.

however there's a slight chance facebook rep could be wrong. VM website hasn't updated their phone list yet.
    http://virginmobileusa.custhelp.com/...Z001Z2tFWGs%3D

*The following smartphones launched before May 1, 2012 and are therefore not subject to the new device upgrade rules at this time: VentureTM, LG ® OptimusTM Slider, HTC ® Wildfire STM, Motorola TriumphTM, LG ® Optimus VTM, Blackberry ® CurveTM 8530.

Device(s)
    Nokia 5800 XPressMusic
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile To Go
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Won View Post
    ******* it......i was so excited for evo 3D and ready to buy it this month(already looked around for case/screen protector/etc lol), and now i'm learning that elite qualifies for grandfather plan. this changes everything for me.

however there's a slight chance facebook rep could be wrong. VM website hasn't updated their phone list yet.
    http://virginmobileusa.custhelp.com/...Z001Z2tFWGs%3D

*The following smartphones launched before May 1, 2012 and are therefore not subject to the new device upgrade rules at this time: VentureTM, LG ® OptimusTM Slider, HTC ® Wildfire STM, Motorola TriumphTM, LG ® Optimus VTM, Blackberry ® CurveTM 8530.
    That page says if you upgrade before May 27 you are fine.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast