Thread: What will you get?

Feedback Score

What will you get?

With the confirmation of Boost and Virgin Mobile going 4G, and both the carriers getting Evo's, it's going to be a tough decision on which phone to get. Which phone do you think you'll get; the Evo 3D for VM or the Evo 4G for Boost? I'm leaning toward the Boost one right now, but we'll see. I'm not a huge fan of 3D, so I doubt I'd ever use that feature. On the other hand, I'm not sure I want to pay $55 (or possibly more) a month. Tough call.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    The Clearwire WiMAX coverage is so crappy in my area, I think I will pass.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    iPhone8, Galaxy_S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, Total_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HTC Wildfire S: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/6.5.26955/27.1597; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

these devices operate on both 3G and 4G, so you can't go wrong even if you live in an area with little to no wimax coverage.

I hope Sprint continues to provide 3G only devices on VM for subscribers that do not want a 4G wimax device.
    PREPAID means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Virgin Mobile: $50 / $10 | Total Wireless: $25

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    True, but not much opportunity for faster data if the 4G coverage doesn't cut it. I am looking at this from the perspective of someone who found that VM data was too slow, and hence left.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vmobi View Post
    Wirelessly posted (HTC Wildfire S: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/6.5.26955/27.1597; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

these devices operate on both 3G and 4G, so you can't go wrong even if you live in an area with little to no wimax coverage.

I hope Sprint continues to provide 3G only devices on VM for subscribers that do not want a 4G wimax device.
    Exactly, better phones regardles there's no reason for someone to complain about something the're not going to use.

Forget WiMAX just turn it off like WiFi it's a simple setting android 101, if you have a use for it then it's a bonus. Maybe some are forgetting they aren't going to charge extra for it. It's like someone complaining about free WiFi.

Device(s)
    Motorola Triumph CM7 TG-Reloaded
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Even with the $10 hit by losing my grandfathered plan I think that I'll finally give up my Triumph for the Evo 3D, has much better specs than the Evo 4G for the same price. . Seems like I have pretty decent WiMax coverage in my area which will be great considering my 3G speeds usually hover around ~150 kbs. Quick question, slightly off-topic. How will changing your PRL affect WiMax reception?
    Last edited by OverByter; 05-13-2012 at 08:00 AM.
    VM Journey= LG Rumor2>Samsung Intercept UD6>Motorola Triumph CM7 TG-Reloaded>HTC Evo V?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone: Samsung Orbit J3, Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra, Moto e4, Padfone X, LG Rebel 3. Tello: ZTE Max XL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TWills32 View Post
    With the confirmation of Boost and Virgin Mobile going 4G, and both the carriers getting Evo's, it's going to be a tough decision on which phone to get. Which phone do you think you'll get; the Evo 3D for VM or the Evo 4G for Boost?
    I'm going with the EVO 3D. There are some areas where I live that are covered by Clearwire's 4G, although I don't have it in my particular neighborhood. My current work place IS covered by 4G, so I can justify the upgrade to a $35/month plan.

I might as well make the leap this month. My monthly plan restarts on the 27th, just in time for the EVO V 4G rollout. I've had my Triumph since last July, so a new phone was in the offing regardless. If the 4G coverage is spotty, I'll still have an upgraded phone with a faster processor and ICS to enjoy. My auto insurance bill just went down by $17/month...so I can cover the extra $10 I'll be paying to VM with those savings.