View Poll Results: Did you buy an Optimus Elite for your grandfathered BT plan?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 71.43%
  • No

6 28.57%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Did you buy an Optimus Elite for your grandfathered BT (mainly $25) plan?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

OFFICIAL: Did you buy an Optimus Elite for your grandfathered BT (mainly $25) plan?

I know there's a thread out there for general questions and reviews, but I'm starting this thread to get a feel for how many of us bought the Elite for our $25 (or $40) grandfathered plans? My gf and I both did. I have a feeling it'll be okay, but I also have a dormant $25 BT account as a backup, and I was planning on getting an EVO anyway -- though I'm hoping the $25 plan works with the Elite so I can stay on the plan til the next 4G phone comes, preferably something from Samsung.

So, how many of you bought an Elite for your grandfathered plan?

This will be a good thread leading up to 5/27 and afterward, to see if people get booted off the $25 plan.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 11 eSIM
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 11 dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    No. I only use phones with QWERTY keyboards. If there was a better QWERTY phone than the Optimus Slider offered this month, I'd probably take the plunge.

Feedback Score
    yes, I finally ditched the old blackberry.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I did. And as I stated in a different thread, VM switched me BACK to my $25 plan after I switched to the $35 plan, only to have VM change their mind about the Elite being grandfathered.

So that should be a sure enough sign that the Elite can and will stay on the grandfathered plans. Luckily.

Sent from my LG-VM696

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Hmm...too bad I'm a broke college student. Otherwise I might ditch my Intercept and get an Elite while it is still possible to use it on the $25 plan (or at least potentially possible).
    My toys:
    -Samsung Intercept with 8GB Micro SD card, loaded up with tons of GBA games (Fire Emblem FTW!).
    -Motorola RAZR V3m (Dark Pearl Gray) flashed to ViVo with COOL custom skins and all.
    -Motorola E815 flashed to Bell and loaded with 100s of Java games!

Device(s)
    Galsxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Churner View Post
    No. I only use phones with QWERTY keyboards. If there was a better QWERTY phone than the Optimus Slider offered this month, I'd probably take the plunge.
    Same here. If a better keyboard phone came out, I would get it.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My Elite is grandfathered on my $25 plan, got the new bill last night, $25 and it says my next bill (6/16) will also be $25 so I am good to go.

The VM rep I talked to said you couldn't count on grandfathering after the 19th as a new announcement is coming out on the 20th.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Testshoot View Post
    The VM rep I talked to said you couldn't count on grandfathering after the 19th as a new announcement is coming out on the 20th.
    Why the 19th?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Because they clearly didn't think everything through lol. They've been switching dates left and right all month. I'm sure the original plan was to have the Elite only available on the $35 plan, but after being released early, they were put in a situation.

At least its not as messed up as Straight Talk announcing the Optimus 2x for months(and even going as far as offering a reservation), only to silently cancel it and then release the Optimus Black. I still laugh at that one.

Sent from my LG-VM696

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So they are going to change the rules again? I called the Wal-marts, targets and best buys around me and none of them have received an elite yet and its too late to have one shipped I bet.

Feedback Score
    I just activated mine today and my bill comes up in three days. Hopefully I can stay on my $40 plan. It's such a good deal, I don't want to give it up. It's the only reason I was in such a hurry to get this phone, otherwise I would have held out for more options.

Valistener, have you tried radio shack?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geometrique View Post
    Valistener, have you tried radio shack?
    Just called, no good there either, thats what you get for living in fly-over country I guess.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Valistener View Post
    So they are going to change the rules again? I called the Wal-marts, targets and best buys around me and none of them have received an elite yet and its too late to have one shipped I bet.
    How far away are the WalMarts? I tried calling but the electronics people aren't exactly the brightest. I ended up just driving down isntead, found an empty peg marked $149.88 w/ an Optimus Elite name on it and had a girl scan the tag. She said there should be some in the back and opened up a case of the Elites -- only 4-5 phones per case. If I had called I'm certain they would have just aid we don't have it.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Valistener View Post
    The Best Buy near me didn't have them yet, said they were on the truck headed to them. I drove another ten miles to the BB next to their HQ and they had lots on hand.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I called the Best buy across town and they had them, so I went and picked one up and just activated it a few minutes ago. I checked my account page and it states that $25 is the next amount due, so far so good.

This phone seems a bit more advanced that my Rumor Touch, its going to take a while to get to learn. For anyone who was wanting a notification light, there is a setting to turn the bottom buttons into the notification light.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast