Thread: Optimus Elite error codes

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Optimus Elite error codes

I don't like seeing a million threads about one phone, but it seems lots of us are getting error codes. So this thread should be to help figure out why each code happens.

About 15 times a day, I get
    Error Code 104: Unable to establish a wireless data connection. Please contact your phone manufacturer if problem persists
    I've reset the phone, deleted apps, but it still happens. While typing this, I've lost service twice...now 3 times. Only lasts for about 20 seconds each time

I also received "Error Code 167" a little while ago.

Many of you have gotten Error Code 67, which seems to be related to installing hotspot apps.

Still trying to figure out this 104. I really like this phone. But this is annoying.

Sent from my LG-VM696

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have you contacted the phone's manufacturer? I haven't seen this much on my own phone, but it seems familiar. I would imagine it's due to bad service, tower upgrades, towers malfunctioning, etc...

See this. It seems to have a magical solution.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    My issue was never resolved. VM told me that error 104 was an unknown problem, and told me to either exchange it at Walmart, or they'd send a new one. I exhanged it a week ago, and the new one has not had one issue. No error codes, no overheating, runs perfect.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I got the code 104 error. I have not been able to get any data for a few days except through wi-fi.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Valistener View Post
    I got the code 104 error. I have not been able to get any data for a few days except through wi-fi.
    You'll most likely have to exchange it like I did. I really think that it may have to do with a certain app corrupting the phone..just like how people who downloaded hotspot apps started receiving Error Code 67.

I got 104 on this phone for the first time today. But I was also working in a town with horrible reception.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using HowardForums