View Poll Results: Who will be getting the new EVO V 4G?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have access to the 4G Network

13 30.23%
  • Yes, I don't have access to the 4G network but want a better device

8 18.60%
  • No, I have access to 4G but won't give up my grandfatherd plan

10 23.26%
  • No, I have no 4G in my area, I don't see the point

7 16.28%
  • Undecided, I'll wait to see how this all plays out

4 9.30%
  • Undecided, I'll wait to see if any other devices come out within 6 months

1 2.33%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who will be getting the new EVO V 4G?

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Who will be getting the new EVO V 4G?

So just who will be getting the new EVO V 4G when it launches?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I do not have access to 4G nor do I wish to give up my $25 plan. If the grandfatering holds up with the elite I will be keeping this phone for a long time I suspect. If I lose my plan I will return the phone, and go with T-mo $30 plan and live with the 100min.

Device(s)
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I will be getting it to try it out. My month just restarted so I will probably wait until mid June to activate it so I don't have pay again for the month. I like my grandfathered plan, but my Optimus V is getting frustrating and I need a better phone. The elite seems more of a lateral move than a move up from the OV.

Device(s)
    The Original LG Optimus V with 2.2.1. :)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    There is no Wimax coverage at my work and a possible coverage at home (near a dead spot) according to Clear map. Also, some areas where I shop in town appear to have coverage, and some not.

The poll doesn't account for spotty coverage, so I picked "No, I have access to 4G but won't give up my grandfatherd plan ", which is only a partial truth.

Just keeping my perfectly working Triumph on $25 plan and waiting for Galaxy Note to come out on T-mobile
    Virgin Evolution: Kyocera X-TC {167ppi}-> Rumor Touch {155ppi}-> Samsung Intercept {146ppi}-> LG Optimus V {180ppi}-> Motorola Triumph {228ppi}-> LG Optimus V {180ppi}-> Motorola Triumph {228ppi} LG Optimus V {180ppi}->-> ???
    Current main device: Asus Nexus 7 32 GB {216}
    My next phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on TMo??? {265ppi} Getting less sure. Leaning towards Nexus 4 {318 ppi}

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My month starts on the 13th. I probably won't get it til July or August at the earliest. Radio Shack currently has $20 off coupon and taking pre order. Fatwallet also has 6% cash back (though not sure if this'll work with coupon, coupon often invalidate cash back). Also, typical cell phone sales occur during back to school (mid-late July) and Black Friday. I am hoping some type of sale/discount would drop the phone to around $250 (before tax).

Feedback Score
    No, and I won't be. I have WiMax coverage where I live, but I'm not too keen on paying $300 for a device upfront and $120 more a year compared to my grandfathered $25 plan. Even if I were to keep Evo for 2 years (an eternity in a mobile world), the monthly cost of phone ownership alone would be $12.50, combined with $10 increase compared to my grandfathered plan right now, I would be paying $22.50 more per month (or almost double). That's a little bit too much for me, so instead I took a gamble on Optimus Elite. I'm hoping VM won't screw me over and I'll be able to keep my $25 plan, but it is a gamble on my part.

@seyahmit - if you're already on the $35 plan you can just swap the phones online, it won't change your renewal date.

Feedback Score
    i got 4g coverage and i got some money to spend, but decided to go with elite and hoping to keep $25/m. i heard 4g is a real battery drainer and reconnects frequently wherever i drive, and it's not like i'm gonna stream videos or anything.

Device(s)
    iPhone8, Galaxy_S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, Total_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Virgin Mobile HTC WFS: Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.29703/27.1741; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Quote Originally Posted by billm261
    So just who will be getting the new EVO V 4G when it launches?
    Yes, based on owner reviews and comments, the EVO V will provide the best end user experience to date of any phone on Virgin Mobile. Most places have great wi-fi coverage negating the lack of extensive Wimax coverage in some markets. $299 for a No Contract EVO V is a bargain.
    PREPAID means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Virgin Mobile: $50 / $10 | Total Wireless: $25

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm waiting.

I owned the EVO 3D while on Sprint so I know how good it is from a device standpoint.

I do wish it had gone to Boost also because I need unlimited minutes and am not keen on the EVO Design.

What has been bad in my area is data. Even Sprint postpaid has been struggling hence the switch to Verizon for a while.

I'm 15 miles south of Wi-Max coverage but am flooded with it while I'm in Florida.

I'll just wait it out and see how things look at the end of the summer.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone: Samsung Orbit J3, Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra, Moto e4, Padfone X, LG Rebel 3. Tello: ZTE Max XL
    Feedback Score
    I'm going all in on the EVO V 4G.

Perhaps I'll kick myself for sacrificing the grandfathered $25/month plan, but I think it's a risk worth taking. There's 4G service where I work, so this won't simply be an upgraded device for me. The specs on the EVO look pretty solid. ICS will be a big plus as well.

I'm already plotting my strategy for getting one on May 31st, just like I did when the Triumph came out last July. I wonder if there's going to be a big run on these...or perhaps folks will stay away because the Triumph debacle is still fresh in their minds.

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mfrerkes View Post
    I'm going all in on the EVO V 4G.

I wonder if there's going to be a big run on these...or perhaps folks will stay away because the Triumph debacle is still fresh in their minds.

If they do, they are very misinformed. The Triumph can't stand in the shadows of the EVO, it's a night and day difference.

Device(s)
    Motorola Triumph
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I just moved from the Optimus V to the Triumph and am still on the $25 plan so I think I may try to wait for the HTC One V. The MT is doing a decent job for me being I can connect to wi-fi at work and have a power cord to keep the battery alive.I just hope the One V actually makes it to Virgin and is as good as the hype.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Going from $25 to $35 really isn't a big deal to me..plus its a nice phone, and wimax is available in my area. So yeah ill be trading in my elite and getting it.

I like my elite a lot but I kbow ill like the evo more. Bigger screen, duel core processor, ICS, gonna be great

Sent from my LG-VM696 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    The EVO 3D was never a budget phone that cut any major corners to cut the price down like Triumph. This is a great bargain for those who have WiMAX and/or are already on the $35 plan.

The triumph was NOT worth $300, the EVO 3D definitely is.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16)

Wimax works well in NYC (I have Clearwire).
    I will get EVO V and switch to $35+$15 plan plus hotspot.

Optimum/Cablevision

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast