Device(s)
    iPhone5 / Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Is this true?

I have had 5 customers in the past week that had iPhones that were out of warranty. They told me that Apple will replace them for free. Two of them were 3g's. In my head I said "yeah right" but so many people have said the same thing... is it true?

Merci!
    Opinions expressed in this forum are my own, and not representative of my employer.
    I do not answer questions on behalf of my employer.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've heard it's at the discretion of an Apple Genius if it's in warranty or not.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    I've heard it's at the discretion of an Apple Genius if it's in warranty or not.
    Yup. Seems to happen fairly regularly. They score highest in customer service/satisfaction for a reason.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-4,HTC Touch, HTC S621, NOKIA E65, Nokia E61, Audiovox SMT5600, Nokia 6682
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    They even replaced an Iphone 4 that was water damaged! So, I'm pretty sure it's true under Apple's discrection!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    There is a 90 day grace period. If you're out of warranty, less than 90 days have elapsed since the warranty end date, the official policy is to service your product as if it is in warranty.

For a short period of time, Apple had an initiative called "get to a yes" where Apple technicians were instructed to service products even if they were out of warranty or had liquid or physical damage. This was ended within months as Apple started to realize how much money they were losing.

The official policy now, is to not service phones for free when they are out of warranty for more than 90 days or have liquid or physical damage. However, with new operational changes at the "Genius Bars", technicians are under immense pressure to keep their appointment queues on time, just like Rogers call centre employees have call handle times, the genius bar teams at Apple stores are measured on how on time their appointments are. A combination of understaffing and overbooking has led many technicians to service products for free even when the customer is not entitled to it just to keep the queue moving on time.

Device(s)
    iPhone5 / Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks for the info!

Device(s)
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    Carrier(s)
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've had two friends take in smashed screen i4's to the genius bar in Ottawa Rideau and have them replaced. It's ludicrous.

I never break my phones, never suffer defective phones....but still I wish I would have such good fortune lol.
    300 @ 5pm●5K SMS●Auto Roadside●Unlim Inc●1000LD●R2RLD●VP●6Gb LTDizzle+credits = <$36
    34+|0|0 119+|0|0

Factory Unlocked 5White32gb, GNote2x2, 9900 LNIB Retired, GS3 for Mobi
    i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 9Gb DDR3
    My Wireless LD FAQ., READ IT!!!
    The Jawbone I, photo-review
    Maybe it's time to update this....nahhhhh