Thread: WiFi calling from Europe?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S II
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

WiFi calling from Europe?

I just talked to a T-Mobile agent online about WiFi calling. I'll be in Europe for a few weeks and they told me that I can place and receive phone calls over WiFi absolutely free with no international rates. Are there any hidden fees I'm not aware of?
    They also told me I would only be charged if I made international calls to non US numbers over WiFi, but if I added $0 Wi-Fi Calling SOC which is free to my account there would be no international rates. Sounds a little fishy to me.
    USCCusers.com - US Cellular Community

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile | $10 UNLIMITED EVERYTHING + $20 SPEED BOOST
    Feedback Score
    UMA calling anywhere in the world, as long as you are calling back to the USA is no extra charge (it only uses your bucket minutes, unless you have the add-on then it does not count against your minutes).

If you call internationally, you will not be billed roaming rates, but you will be billed international calling rates.
    T-Mobile. Connecting you when you need it most... disconnecting you when you need to connect with God's beautiful creation! Service is great in cities and highways, but in rural areas they leave you with just your surroundings. I encourage you to get T-Mobile, disconnect for a while!

I am glad that God is not like cell phone coverage. He does not hide behind mountains or loose us down long windy roads. The Lord levels mountains, and He makes our paths straight!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB, iPad Air 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    You can also send Txt & MMS back to the USA over wifi calling grants you already have a messaging plan on your account. If you're wanting to make local calls in the country you're going to be in I would call T-Mobile and get an unlock code for your phone and get a local sim card and put €5/€10 on it so you can call local places at cheaper rates and even if you take it into other countries within Europe it will still work and recently they lowered roaming rates within Europe for European cell subscribers so this would benefit you if you get a prepaid sim for your phone.

^HSPA+ 42mbps---------------------------------------------- ^LTE