Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon's new Share Everything Plans discussion thread

Feedback Score
    You can add 2GBs for 10 bucks at any level between 2GBs and 8GBs. For example, 2GBs costs 60 while 4GBs Costs 70. Once you get to 10GBs, anything extra is 15/GB. Better use wifi.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    I'd be hitting #DATA a lot if I were on the new plan. Funny that when I went to the sign up page 1GB was not listed as an option.

For one line, they should offer a $20 discount. Otherwise the other mobile providers will eat their lunch.

Individual accounts still matter, Big Red.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesstarks15 View Post
    You can add 2GBs for 10 bucks at any level between 2GBs and 8GBs. For example, 2GBs costs 60 while 4GBs Costs 70. Once you get to 10GBs, anything extra is 15/GB. Better use wifi.
    There is a 10gb and 20gb tier. If you exceed your tier before the end of the billing cycle, you can call in and add retroactively an additional 2gb per $10. Assuming that the Verizon employees, with whom I have spoken are giving me correct information.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just changed my family plan to the new share everything package. I came to VZW after the unlimited gravy train had stopped running so I went from have 2 iPhones with 2GB and a hockey puck with 5GB to the share everything plan with 16GB of data to share across all 3 devices. With my wifes discount my bill should still be around $220 after taxes and I'm actually getting a better deal than I was before. While I can see how this won't benefit everyone it certainly benefits me...

Jeff
    HoFo Feedback

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah in some cases it will be cheaper. If we went back to basic phones we could get a decent deal for two lines, 100 plus tax. For unlimited talk and text on two lines plus a little bit of data it's not bad considering what you get. One smartphone is a different story. Not fond of that price at all, 90 plus tax.

Feedback Score
    Can VZW keep the high data pricing? The only way it works is if you don't take full advantage of the expensive LTE devices. I'm guessing that people on share anything will begin to loudly complain when they get hit with expensive data overage charges. My bet is that LTE device + LTE coverage = MORE than the 2GB average seen on 3G networks.

My Droid 4 is a palm size multi core powered pc with a 20+ Mbps wireless internet pipe. Phone, video phone, mp3 player, video player, web browser, email/txt client, vpn client, camera, camcorder, social media client, video game machine, calendar, contact manager, word processor, spreadsheet, pdf reader, ebook reader, photo editor, map, gps, and so much more. I can use it to do almost anything my laptop does. That use will consume far more than the current 3G average of 2GB.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S III (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have full details on employer discounts? I checked how much a plan would cost me on My Verizon, but when I clicked discounts, I got $0.00.

- VDubb

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus - VZW 128GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Why hello old friend....
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VDubb View Post
    Anyone have full details on employer discounts? I checked how much a plan would cost me on My Verizon, but when I clicked discounts, I got $0.00.

- VDubb
    Just got off the phone with VZW regarding this exact thing, and the discount is only applied to the data portion of the new share everything plans. So in my case if I switch right now, I will end up paying 40 a month more and my discount isn't as much as it currently is. Lame. I am actually one of the very rare few willing to give up my unlimited data in order to have a simpler plan to manage and to be able to share data and save money, but that's not what happens if I switch.
    Hi, my name is Joey and Im addicted to cell phones...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S III (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    And here we go...

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    Just got off the phone with VZW regarding this exact thing, and the discount is only applied to the data portion of the new share everything plans...
    I just got off the phone and the rep told me it's off the access fee (i.e. the total cost of the devices) and not the data portion.

- VDubb

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesstarks15 View Post
    That's not what it says on VZW's website when you try to build a plan with 10GB
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure Edition
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just went on-line and made the change. Previously had the unlimited everything with 4GB for $30 with insurance...Total monthly before taxes $126. Changed to Shared plan with 1 device and 6GB and the "option" of using my phone as a Mobile Hotspot (Nice to have a back up internet service), and added a couple more gigs of data, and kept the insurance....total monthly before taxes $126...i'd say a no-brainer...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by werinshades View Post
    Just went on-line and made the change. Previously had the unlimited everything with 4GB for $30 with insurance...Total monthly before taxes $126. Changed to Shared plan with 1 device and 6GB and the "option" of using my phone as a Mobile Hotspot (Nice to have a back up internet service), and added a couple more gigs of data, and kept the insurance....total monthly before taxes $126...i'd say a no-brainer...
    Yes if you had unlimited minutes before this switch and unlimited texting, the new plans are a good deal. Most families and people though have one of the lower plans that weren't unlimited minutes, because they don't need unlimited minutes. For those people they end up paying the same amount for the same amount of data, or end up paying even more.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus - VZW 128GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Why hello old friend....
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VDubb View Post
    And here we go...

I just got off the phone and the rep told me it's off the access fee (i.e. the total cost of the devices) and not the data portion.

- VDubb
    Ugh, I just now called and this time spoke to retentions who confirmed it is only off of the data fee. That is so lame. I'm not making the change. If someone makes the change and has a discount applied differently and confirms it then I will look into it again.

Device(s)
    VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm holding on to my 2 line nationwide 550min plan. I have 2 basic phones with no data or text for 59.00 plus tax.

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure Edition
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ben7337 View Post
    Yes if you had unlimited minutes before this switch and unlimited texting, the new plans are a good deal. Most families and people though have one of the lower plans that weren't unlimited minutes, because they don't need unlimited minutes. For those people they end up paying the same amount for the same amount of data, or end up paying even more.
    I just wanted everyone to know I was happy...don't rain on my parade...

Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast