Thread: petro mobility help please

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

petro mobility help please

hi i have a locked samsung tablet p1000 i used a sim from petro and have the unlimited plan changed the apn settings i get internet but sometimes in kicks in and out i get a no data display on corner and have to turn the tablet on and off to reset it to allow me on the internet youtube doesnt work is their something wrong that i am doin do i need a root file if so where can i get it thanks

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It could be your device's defecet. Which version of Android are you using? And what are your APN settings? Which network mode are you on?

Well, if you upgraded your tab to GB, you can follow this instruction to root your tablet:

theunlockr.com/2012/05/07/how-to-root-and-flash-the-clockworkmod-recovery-on-the-galaxy-tab-p1000-running-gingerbread/

sorry, no clickable link! just copy and paste it on your browser.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    swap out your hardware but using a rogers of unlocked smart phone and setup and test your data it see if the problem is with your hardware or the SIM account.

for android google up "petro canada mobility APN" and add the settings for an android in setting-->Wireless-->Mobile-Networks-->APN
    for iOS iphone connect to a wifi and browser with your browser to the unlockit dot co dot nz site and tap Create APN which will walk you through some settings to create an APN Carrier Settings for petroc, then tap the install button.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja57 View Post
    hi i have a locked samsung tablet p1000 i used a sim from petro and have the unlimited plan changed the apn settings i get internet but sometimes in kicks in and out i get a no data display on corner and have to turn the tablet on and off to reset it to allow me on the internet youtube doesnt work is their something wrong that i am doin do i need a root file if so where can i get it thanks
    Note that this is not UNLIMTED DATA plan, it is an unlimited SURFING plan. As in your browser will only work (port 80). This is why youtube doesn't work or most apps. So you can only SURF using Petro Canada Unlimited Surfing Plan (as I said, it is NOT unlimited data).

There is a work around however if you know computers well enough:

1) You must root your tablet, I don't know how to root your tablet...just google it, warning it may FRY your tablet.

2) Setup the APN normally under Settings / Wireless-- / Mobile-Networks-->APN

Settings:
    Access Point Name (aPN): goam.com
    User Name: wapuser1
    Password: wap
    Login Type: Automatic
    Primary Proxy Server Setting 10.128.1.69
    Primary Proxy Server Port: 80

You then need to install this app and route everything through port 80 of the above APN (goam.com) port is 80.

Autoproxy for android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oxy_lite&hl=en

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    yuprules
    >>>This is why youtube doesn't work or most apps.

youtube works on the iphone but you are right most or pretty near all apps don't work.

>>>You must root your tablet, I don't know how to root your tablet...just google it, warning it may FRY your tablet.

rooting you android phone or tablet is a pretty simple process for most devices, it is pretty hard to perm-brick your android device when rooting it, how ever if you root your device your warranty, if you have one, will be void.