Thread: Check your home phone privacy settings

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 3 + Gear, HISTORY: SE Xperia X10 white, Samsung Jack, Hiptop, Nokia 1610?,Sharp SE-500
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers (ex-Fido)
    Feedback Score

Check your home phone privacy settings

Been wondering why we seem to be getting less calls lately. Acquaintance told me today that anonymous call block was on. I log into the online manager, and sure enough, my settings are backwards to the way I usually have them. Unavailable to private callers =Yes and block unwanted =No. In Addition, all the numbers in my unwanted callers list now appear in Contacts!

Has this happened to anyone else? I'd like to know if we were specifically targeted (hack into our account/spoof phone caller) or if there was a hacking of Rogers servers with many affected or a technical glitch caused this?

This is the second time, last was well over a year ago.
    Looking back its hard to tell why they stood while others fell Blue Rodeo

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 3 + Gear, HISTORY: SE Xperia X10 white, Samsung Jack, Hiptop, Nokia 1610?,Sharp SE-500
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers (ex-Fido)
    Feedback Score
    Support has had no phone calls for our account requesting changes to privacy settings. I don't think anyone hacked specifically into our My Rogers account and did this either- there is no way to easily move all those numbers and names from unwanted callers to contacts. I doubt someone would have wasted the time retyping all 30 manually into contacts. I just spent several minutes starting to re-enter them and in the middle of it, they suddenly all disappeared from contacts and the rest (of my unentered ones) re-appeared in unwanted callers.

After the first time, I have kept a fairly updated set of screenshots - got in the habit of saving a copy of the list each time I entered a new number. I recommend you all do the same. I just may need to do a daily morning logon as well to check the settings haven't changed!