Thread: anyone figure out the new 700 Minutes Pay as You Go Messages & Data

Feedback Score

anyone figure out the new 700 Minutes Pay as You Go Messages & Data

i currently have 3 dumb phones on the 700 minute family plan. this plan is now gone.
    i used the share everything calculator and was suggested the 700 Minutes Pay as You Go Messages & Data
    i can't find a link to this new plan to see how it compares to what i currently have.
    i tried to chat on the VZW site but the person had no clue

does someone here have a link or know how the old and new 700 minite family plans compare?

thanks

Feedback Score
    i just found out the new plan is screwing new customers
    on the OLD 700 family plan, it cost $50 for the plan and $9.99/line
    i have 3 lines, it costs $80 + tax/fees

the NEW plan is $10 for the plan and $30/line
    for 3 lines it will cost $100 + tax/fees

$20 more for a new plan, WOW what a rip off
    the worst part is that there are no additional services for the extra $20. texting and data are extra

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S III (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yea, the new plan is a giant rip for basic users. It's basically Verizon's way of "encouraging" users to move to smartphones.

- VDubb

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    or move to pre-paid.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by svec7186 View Post
    i currently have 3 dumb phones on the 700 minute family plan. this plan is now gone.
    The best thing I can tell you is you don't have to change.

Feedback Score
    what about when my contract is up and i need new phones. will VZW force me to change to one of the new plans or can i keep what i have? will they give me discounted phoned?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You can keep your plan and use subsidized upgrades. Using subsidized upgrades only makes you lose unlimited data which would not apply to you.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    They are proposing you keep your old plan. It's exactly the same. 700 shared minutes, $10.00 for the third basic phone, no text or data included. So if you were to use text or data, you would "pay as you go" at very high rates ($0.20 / text, $1.99 / MB data). Activate text and data blocks to prevent incurring those charges.

Device(s)
    Motorola V860 barrage
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    AT&T wireless offer family plan start with 550 min, 700, 1400, etc.. ATT family plan with 3 lines 700 min cost $80.

Feedback Score
    The new plans are more expensive for multiple basic phones, depending on which plan you have today. Two lines are the same price. Three lines are the same price for anyone with Talk & Text and 1400 minutes today, plus you'd now get unlimited minutes and 300MB. So it all depends what you have today and how many lines. For some it's about the same, for others with 4 or 5 basic phones or lower minutes with no texting it's more expensive.

Device(s)
    Motorola V860 barrage
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    old family plan with 1400 min. unlimited text. unlimited data. 3 smartphone/ 2 feature. cost $240 plus tax.

new plan is expensive. with $240, we only get 2 gb.... If we want 6 gb, we must pay $20 more a month..

The only solution to lower the monthly payment is to get the lowest 1gb share data. lol. whats the point of having smartphone if we have to watch whether we are going overage.

so basically new share plan, if you want to use more data, you must pay more.

Device(s)
    S9+ Unlocked US, Verizon Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9 + (T-Mobile), Verizon Samsung S7, S8+ Duos (Intl), S7 Edge International Gold (Un
    Feedback Score
    Your solution is to pony up $10 or $20 more per month for the data and use more WiFi. You could also get prepaid for the feature phones, which is perhaps your best bet. Or just buy subsidized feature phones and have a second group.

You can still get Nation with Canada or Mexico plans, but you will lose some minutes and the base is 700 minutes for $90. Addl line are 10.00 each. Single line data plans, which will work for 3 lines if you don't need unlimited minutes, texts or shared data.

$110 for 700 minutes... plus Data @2GB each (30*3)=90 or $110 plus $90= $200 plus texts would be extra.

Five phones is expensive period...
    =========================
    Dave

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If I were to switch to Verizon, I'd be paying almost the same as I am on ATT. We have 2 non-smartphones and it's $69.99/month before taxes for pay as you go data and text with 700 minutes of talk time each month with rollover.

Looks like for almost the same thing, minus rollover, it would be $70/month before taxes. My plan also has free Mobile to Mobile and free nights/weekends. The info about the plan on Verizon's site wasn't detailed so I don't know if any of these things are included in it.

Seems like many non-data users would be better off switching to Page Plus since most Verizon phones supposedly work on it and they use Verizon's network.