Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: can VZW legally stop allowing unlimited plans for EVERYBODY in a couple of years?

Feedback Score

can VZW legally stop allowing unlimited plans for EVERYBODY in a couple of years?

can VZW legally stop allowing unlimited plans for EVERYBODY in a couple of years?
    (including those who have grandfathered unlimited, as soon as their contracts ends,
    even if they buy full-price phones)

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Without arguing right/wrong or should/shouldn't, the answer is very simple. Absolutely! Grandfathering is entirely at Verizon's discretion and pleasure.

If you're out of contract, they can change pretty much anything at will. You, on the other hand, are free to leave without penalty. IMNSHO, grandfathered unlimited data will go away soon. They will either take it away or start throttling it so seriously and at such a low threshold that user are driven to other plans.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My prediction is that they are ending contract renewals for unlimited lines now... then in about 2 years they will discontinue unlimited or charge something like $200/month for it to force you off it.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    They surely can.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smasho View Post
    If you're out of contract, they can change pretty much anything at will. You, on the other hand, are free to leave without penalty.
    Without mucking things up hopefully, it can be changed by either party, in or out of contract.

Device(s)
    Moto Z4 (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I have to, unfortunately, agree with the others. Once the contract between the customer and Verizon is completed, neither party is bound by its terms.

Right now, Verizon is saying that if you want to enter into a new contract, Verizon will not allow unlimited data in that new contract. You have to pick from one of the current data plans. The alternative is to not ask for a new contract.

Now, my speculation, is that Verizon will not allow the unlimited data plans to move onto the next network, be it 4+G or 5G or LTE-2 or whatever. You can stick with your unlimited data plan, but you'll be left behind as everyone else moves onto the next latest and greatest. Eventually, those people clinging onto their unlimited plans, will steadily drop in numbers such that Verizon will not care much about them anymore.

Carrier(s)
    Vrizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Sprint did it on aircards already. And earth is still spinning.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbears View Post
    (including those who have grandfathered unlimited, as soon as their contracts ends,
    even if they buy full-price phones)
    I've wondered this myself and unfortunately I have to agree with the other posters. Verizon can and does whatever it wants. However, this article is interesting:
    Unfortunately, June 28 – the same day that Verizon’s Share Everything plan will become available – will also mark a sad day for all Verizon users who have grandfathered into an unlimited data plan. Although Verizon will not discontinue your unlimited data plan (they can’t due to legal terms), the catch is that you’ll be forced to switch to a capped data plan when upgrading to a new subsidized smartphone.
    http://www.androidauthority.com/veri...xt-data-94443/

I am unsure what the author means by the bolded statement above. Does he just mean Verizon can't discontinue your unlimited data plan while you are still in contract? That seems rather obvious.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    This is very simple for me take away my unlimited data down the road and I am gone. I know the consumer has so much power, if enough unlimited users do this Verizon would have no choice but to do something for their customers. I can say there is way to many of us that still have unlimited data that Verizon will not want to lose us all. I think we consumers just need to stick together to straighten Verizon out.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    To me, it makes more sense just to post opinions rather than test it. This way, everybody can be right.

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine at work said that the guy at the local Verizon store told him that when his contract is up he will no longer have unlimited data. Of course just take that with a grain of salt because at the same time he was trying to talk him into the new shared data plan. All I can say is that if Verizon takes away my unlimited data I will go straight to page plus and pay a lot less.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tim33 View Post
    This is very simple for me take away my unlimited data down the road and I am gone. I know the consumer has so much power, if enough unlimited users do this Verizon would have no choice but to do something for their customers. I can say there is way to many of us that still have unlimited data that Verizon will not want to lose us all. I think we consumers just need to stick together to straighten Verizon out.
    It doesn't matter what you or the rest of the unlimited users do. It's a matter of how many of the new and existing customers they can fool, bully or coerce into the new plans. You're having a pipe-dream if you think otherwise. New customers don't have unlimited now, so they're not losing anything and too many are willing to believe that line of crap, that Verizon is so superior that they're worth the premium price. Sadly too many unlimited users are short sighted and will only take upgrade pricing for a new phone into account and not consider how much their data usage has already increased and how much more it will increase as LTE opens that much bigger of a pipe to drink from. Not to mention they don't have the imagination to consider the possible new services coming their way which will capture their imagination or even the existing service that they haven't tried yet, because 3g just isn't capable enough.

Feedback Score
    My usage went from about 4 to 5 gigs a month to 10 to 14 with the upgrade to lte

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Verizon can remove the unlimited data any time they wish since that is a feature. Everybody (before share plans) had a contract on voice usage only.
    iPhone Xs Max , At&t Unlimited Plus Austin, TX .................... Grande 1000/50, $80.99/month

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucleartx View Post
    Verizon can remove the unlimited data any time they wish since that is a feature. Everybody (before share plans) had a contract on voice usage only.
    This is 100% false. The VZW contract includes monthly recurring features.

They can, of course, end it at any time during contract, but they have to let the customer out ETF free.

Verizon's 4G network.

I live in California, not New York. I actually dislike New York.

Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast