Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: So any way to materially adverse out of this new shared data crap?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    143
    Feedback Score
    0

    So any way to materially adverse out of this new shared data crap?

    Don't want to discuss which is better, I don't like that I'm going to get forced off unlimited data in the next year or so and I won't be able to go to 4G without losing unlimited data RIGHT AFTER THEY DEPLOYED IT IN MY AREA!!!

    I really REALLY want to jump ship to Sprint or even to T-Mobile although they only do 5G and then throttle (but its at HSPA+ speed and currently deployed everywhere). Of course I did an upgrade with VZW last winter. I have half a mind to pay the ETF and just jump, I'm that mad at these idiots.

    Yes I know they didn't change my contract per-se but I feel very adversely affected by this because I know that I'm not staying with VZW, not renewing with them again and if I want to go to LTE I have to jump to shared.

    Heck even if Sprint jumps to the same tiered crap I don't think T-Mobile is going to and I'd much rather have 5G of unlimited and then Edge until the next billing cycle...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    SW FL
    Posts
    50
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
    ...I know they didn't change my contract per-se but I feel very adversely affected by this...
    Simply put, you answered your own question with your own words; "they didn't change my contract":

    "If...a change to your Plan or this agreement has a material adverse effect on you, you can cancel the line of Service that has been affected within 60 days of receiving the notice with no Early Termination Fee..."

    emphasis added

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    927
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
    Don't want to discuss which is better, I don't like that I'm going to get forced off unlimited data in the next year or so and I won't be able to go to 4G without losing unlimited data RIGHT AFTER THEY DEPLOYED IT IN MY AREA!!!

    I really REALLY want to jump ship to Sprint or even to T-Mobile although they only do 5G and then throttle (but its at HSPA+ speed and currently deployed everywhere). Of course I did an upgrade with VZW last winter. I have half a mind to pay the ETF and just jump, I'm that mad at these idiots.

    Yes I know they didn't change my contract per-se but I feel very adversely affected by this because I know that I'm not staying with VZW, not renewing with them again and if I want to go to LTE I have to jump to shared.

    Heck even if Sprint jumps to the same tiered crap I don't think T-Mobile is going to and I'd much rather have 5G of unlimited and then Edge until the next billing cycle...
    Who is making you jump to shared? You can upgrade to any phone if you pay full retail and keep unlimited, or you can go to the tiered data that verizon started offering last year. No one except new customers are forced to take the shared data.

    Aside from that, as you said before, nothing has changed to your plan now. Everything is the same as it was, only when you come to upgrade are things different. "feeling" affected by this change is not at all the same as being affected. feelings do not hold legal power to get out of a contract unless the contract had a clause saying you can get out if you ever feel aversely affected in any way. Just wait until your contract is up, you have great coverage on a great service, you were happy with the prices before, you should be happy with them now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,980
    Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    the OP's question doesn't even make sense. You stated yourself nothing is being changed to your contract. At the END of your 2 year contract you have 3 options:
    1. Buy a phone at full retail or a used phone to keep you unlimited data
    2. Take the device subsidy on a new phone and switch to a new Share Everything plan
    3. Leave Vzw for a new carrier.

    BTW there was already a thread with the same question
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...e-of-new-plans

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,751
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
    Don't want to discuss which is better, I don't like that I'm going to get forced off unlimited data in the next year or so and I won't be able to go to 4G without losing unlimited data RIGHT AFTER THEY DEPLOYED IT IN MY AREA!!!

    I really REALLY want to jump ship to Sprint or even to T-Mobile although they only do 5G and then throttle (but its at HSPA+ speed and currently deployed everywhere). Of course I did an upgrade with VZW last winter. I have half a mind to pay the ETF and just jump, I'm that mad at these idiots.

    Yes I know they didn't change my contract per-se but I feel very adversely affected by this because I know that I'm not staying with VZW, not renewing with them again and if I want to go to LTE I have to jump to shared.

    Heck even if Sprint jumps to the same tiered crap I don't think T-Mobile is going to and I'd much rather have 5G of unlimited and then Edge until the next billing cycle...
    You feel adversely affected by this because you know you are leaving after your contract ends?

    Is this a joke?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A
    Posts
    333
    Device(s)
    A
    Carrier(s)
    A
    Feedback Score
    0
    You'd be insane to think that VZW will let you out ETF free. If you want to leave out of principle, that's your call.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    312
    Feedback Score
    0
    Questions like these make me wonder what it is like working in a retail store our call center. Must be tiresome to answer ridiculous questions/demands every day.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    3008
    Posts
    5,234
    Device(s)
    A phone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesstarks15 View Post
    Questions like these make me wonder what it is like working in a retail store our call center. Must be tiresome to answer ridiculous questions/demands every day.
    It is. Check the "stupid customer of the day" threads for each carrier.

    I've personally had such gems as, "why should I have to pay more if I go over my minutes?!?!" "I'm on an America's Choice calling plan, Canada shouldn't be extra" "my husband is hacking my phone through the internet using the IR port on my phone" "turn my phone on and locate it for me, I saw this on CSI so I know you can do it."

    At least one wtf per day.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    2,745
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
    Don't want to discuss which is better, I don't like that I'm going to get forced off unlimited data in the next year or so and I won't be able to go to 4G without losing unlimited data RIGHT AFTER THEY DEPLOYED IT IN MY AREA!!!

    I really REALLY want to jump ship to Sprint or even to T-Mobile although they only do 5G and then throttle (but its at HSPA+ speed and currently deployed everywhere). Of course I did an upgrade with VZW last winter. I have half a mind to pay the ETF and just jump, I'm that mad at these idiots.

    Yes I know they didn't change my contract per-se but I feel very adversely affected by this because I know that I'm not staying with VZW, not renewing with them again and if I want to go to LTE I have to jump to shared.

    Heck even if Sprint jumps to the same tiered crap I don't think T-Mobile is going to and I'd much rather have 5G of unlimited and then Edge until the next billing cycle...
    This really does come close to qualifying for stupid question of the day.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,751
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    This really does come close to qualifying for stupid question of the day.
    OP--I think you got your answer.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    94553
    Posts
    5,479
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one to have the same reaction... I was going to post my two cents right after the thread was opened but thought twice since what I had to say was going to be a bit harsh...

    Jeff
    HoFo Feedback



  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    35
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro01 View Post
    Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one to have the same reaction... I was going to post my two cents right after the thread was opened but thought twice since what I had to say was going to be a bit harsh...

    Jeff
    what he said.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Prius04 View Post
    "If...a change to your Plan or this agreement has a material adverse effect on you, you can cancel the line of Service that has been affected within 60 days of receiving the notice with no Early Termination Fee..."
    Where did you find this quote?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    3008
    Posts
    5,234
    Device(s)
    A phone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    It's from the customer agreement.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,948
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
    I have half a mind to pay the ETF and just jump, I'm that mad at these idiots.
    Please do use your half mind to pay the ETF and jump ship... what you posted was absolutely ridiculous.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 02:06 PM
  2. Any way to rip apps out of firmware on a series 40 phone?
    By Firebird2k in forum Nokia Modding
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 09:17 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 02:19 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-06-2003, 08:59 PM
  5. Any way to get a credit towards a new phone?
    By ziggy4500 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2002, 12:52 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks