Thread: Why I will continue to SIM swap.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk at&t e-71 sim
    Feedback Score

Why I will continue to SIM swap.

I have a Nokia e71, which I love, and just purchased a Sony Xperia Play r800at. I wanted the play station phone to run game emulators on and for the larger screen. Android is awesum, but the Nokia is a work horse. Tried the Sony at work and it was terrible. I work in a freezer, even under my snow suit it gets under 45 degrees. With the heat and humidity a touch screen is useless at breaks. Condensation prevents even entering an unlock code let alone doing anything. My e71 has FM radio enabled too and lasts two plus shifts without using my extra battery. So I will continue to switch between my great work phone and sweet play phone. Anyone else not relagate their e71 to a desk drawer?

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I never picked up a e71 from straight talk but I do have one from att. I also have a samsung infuse... i bring my e71 to work (i work construction/hazmat etc) and im always doing something involving labor. The E71 goes thru ALOT of crap and it still runs strong ... No reason to ruin my 4.5 inch screen on my infuse

Feedback Score
    Sounds like CNN should talk to you guys as a follow up to this...
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/17/tech/m...nes/index.html

Feedback Score
    I used to swap out to a crap phone when i'd go see a band play at a local bar or something. Also when i'm out on my snowmobile the E71 comes in handy. I actually put that fsecure app on there and lost it in the snow one time. I used the locator to send my friend a text with the coordinates and tracked it down with my friend's phone using google maps. The thing was only about 8 feet off from where the phone actually was. It was underneath some tightly packed snowmobile tracks and had barely any damage to it.

Feedback Score
    I actually put up my E71 for sale on ebay. I cancelled the sale after a few hours and decided to keep the phone. I currently use a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim.

I use my E71 as a GPS.

I may switch back to SIM-based next month

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I still have my E71 as well. I don't use it very often but I like having it as a back up phone. I know there were some who paid up to $200 for a new E71 so I can see why some people want to sell them to recoup some of their costs.

I got one of the refurbs for $50 late last year so to me it's worth keeping. I'm not saying $50 is insignificant to me but it is worth it to have a really decent back up phone which has saved me a few times when I didn't have time to charge the battery on my Atrix. I also usually take it when I go fishing so I don't have to worry about my Atrix getting damaged.

Device(s)
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    if you have ever used a e71 you will never forget it. just a fine phone. may be out dated but it is still pretty sweet.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale-b View Post
    if you have ever used a e71 you will never forget it. just a fine phone. may be out dated but it is still pretty sweet.
    Not only that, its a Nokia and nokias have the best rf!!!!!!! i could go places where every other phone will have no service and the nokia will come thru with about 2 bars... i hope nokia picks up steam with windows and releases some solid phones again..

Feedback Score
    Nokia E71 was one of the best phones I've ever owned. I think I used it for 2 years straight. I'm a big fan of all the E-series phones. Went from E61 to E71 to E6 (using Galaxy Nexus now; finally got fed up with tiny screen). I really hope Nokia gets back on top of the phone game. Their premium phones have been some of the mose well-built and elegant ever.