Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Android user thinking of being a Traitor

Feedback Score

Android user thinking of being a Traitor

As a fairly long time Android user, I am have been thinking about switching over to iOS just to see what the fuss is. However, I was curious what major differences would I see. Also, any former Android users experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Switching from Ferrari to Corolla?

Device(s)
    Nokia lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by supahsain View Post
    Switching from Ferrari to Corolla?
    Ha ha ha. I will tell the original poster that you will be bored with the interface and slower phone. I had the HTC hero, loved that phone, sense was awesome compared to the boring icons on the iPhone. I went to the iPhone 4 then and had it for less than a year, could not take how boring the os is, got the Samsung gs2x and have been happy ever since. The galaxy is twice as fast as the ip4 and still much faster than the ip4s my son had. We did a side by side comparison of downloading files, opening websites and apps. The galaxy was faster every time.

This is my experience with using iOS and android. The only thing you can change in iOS is your wallpaper.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using HowardForums
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tjb122982 View Post
    As a fairly long time Android user, I am have been thinking about switching over to iOS just to see what the fuss is. However, I was curious what major differences would I see. Also, any former Android users experiences would be greatly appreciated.
    from my experience virtually everyone goes back to android. if you have a blind affection for apple then you will love it. if you're a pragmatist then you will hate iOS and the iphone with a passion

Device(s)
    Nokia lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GeminiIII View Post
    from my experience virtually everyone goes back to android. if you have a blind affection for apple then you will love it. if you're a pragmatist then you will hate iOS and the iphone with a passion
    What he said.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    The haters will come out of the woodwork, but ignore them and go with what works for you.

I don't know a lot of people that use Android, but I do know one co-worker in our tech support dept that has had a few and really loved it. He likes to tinker, so it has been a good fit for him. He mentioned to me last week that he also was thinking of trying out the next iPhone or waiting for the BB10 phones. But that is his nature, he get bored easily and even the excitement that Android brought into his life is wearing out, so onto new things. He bought his wife and 8 year old daughter an iPod and an iPhone and they both like them, which is why he is thinking iPhone. He went from seeing being able to tinker as a reason to go Android to seeing having to tinker as a reason to leave.

The main difference you will notice will be customizability. If you like tweaking, then you are going to feel trapped with an iPhone. That is a major advantage on Android for some people. For others that don't really care about tinkering, that is a lost selling point. Apple's advantages are less sexy. Knowing your new phone will get official updates for at least two years is a benefit for some. Knowing the apps you downloaded were at least marginally vetted and not loaded with potential malware is a benefit for some.

The smoothness of the UI can be better than Android. A lot of Android users claimed otherwise, but the more honest one can not at least admit that was the reason that Google had to proceed with project butter in 4.1. I find apps tend to be somewhat more polished on iOS than they do on Android, though I couldn't really quantify that for you. I've been doing software development for a good number of years now so I have some understanding of the effort involved. And now that our company is doing some work with Android, I can tell you that for some of those devs it can be frustrating. Developing for Apple can too, but that is more a matter of dealing with Apple's restrictive policies. With Android, you always have to research to find out if your device is supported by a particular app. That is almost unheard of on the iOS side, other than the split between iPad and iPhone apps. Even apps that you would think would easily run across all newer Android devices sometimes do not. I was looking at Dell Voice, just a simple VOIP app, and found it was limited to a small number of Android devices. That was a few months ago and might have changed, but it was surprising nonetheless.

Anyway, go with what works for your. Ignore the haters and their religious agenda.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Device(s)
    Nokia lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    The haters will come out of the woodwork, but ignore them and go with what works for you.

I don't know a lot of people that use Android, but I do know one co-worker in our tech support dept that has had a few and really loved it. He likes to tinker, so it has been a good fit for him. He mentioned to me last week that he also was thinking of trying out the next iPhone or waiting for the BB10 phones. But that is his nature, he get bored easily and even the excitement that Android brought into his life is wearing out, so onto new things. He bought his wife and 8 year old daughter an iPod and an iPhone and they both like them, which is why he is thinking iPhone. He went from seeing being able to tinker as a reason to go Android to seeing having to tinker as a reason to leave.

The main difference you will notice will be customizability. If you like tweaking, then you are going to feel trapped with an iPhone. That is a major advantage on Android for some people. For others that don't really care about tinkering, that is a lost selling point. Apple's advantages are less sexy. Knowing your new phone will get official updates for at least two years is a benefit for some. Knowing the apps you downloaded were at least marginally vetted and not loaded with potential malware is a benefit for some.

The smoothness of the UI can be better than Android. A lot of Android users claimed otherwise, but the more honest one can not at least admit that was the reason that Google had to proceed with project butter in 4.1. I find apps tend to be somewhat more polished on iOS than they do on Android, though I couldn't really quantify that for you. I've been doing software development for a good number of years now so I have some understanding of the effort involved. And now that our company is doing some work with Android, I can tell you that for some of those devs it can be frustrating. Developing for Apple can too, but that is more a matter of dealing with Apple's restrictive policies. With Android, you always have to research to find out if your device is supported by a particular app. That is almost unheard of on the iOS side, other than the split between iPad and iPhone apps. Even apps that you would think would easily run across all newer Android devices sometimes do not. I was looking at Dell Voice, just a simple VOIP app, and found it was limited to a small number of Android devices. That was a few months ago and might have changed, but it was surprising nonetheless.

Anyway, go with what works for your. Ignore the haters and their religious agenda.
    Well considering he asked peoples opinions we are giving them. Im sorry its not what YOU want to hear.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Adams View Post
    Well considering he asked peoples opinions we are giving them. Im sorry its not what YOU want to hear.

Sure, and what he got was a vague car comparison, a post from geminiIII devoid of any actual content or experience and a couple posts from you, who has shown a history of exaggerations and being liberal with the truth. So, if and when a Android user wants to post a useful, honest comment for the OP, that would be great. We will have to wait I guess.

Let's examine your post. Did you really buy an iP4S for your son? Your son's are what, 7 and 13, one with autism? Which one did you buy such an expensive toy for? You were posting on another forum looking to get a deal on a used iPad for the autistic boy because he enjoyed it at the clinic but it was too expensive for you to afford. So, you struggled with whether to buy a useful tool for your special needs son but bought the other one an expensive toy? I don't know if that passes the smell test, but I suppose it could be the truth.

I am sorry, but I don't find your posts to be worth reading and try not to respond to them. You've shown a history of not always being truthful (I can post the best examples if you like) and that is troubling. If you have to bend the truth to make your point, it isn't a point worth making. I'm not trying to be mean. Just trying to understand why you post the stuff you do.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The UI on my Android phone is pretty damn smooth, with 4.1 - it's even better.

Anyway, you can trade out if you wish. I find iOS to be highly overrated & boring but some people may just want the boring stuff - this coming from someone that has had an iPhone next to my Galaxy S II and Galaxy S III. Sold my iPhone a week ago and don't miss it one bit. Getting updates is one thing, getting stripped down updates is another. That's where the cracks in the claims come in at. iOS 6 on the iPhone 4 is as watered down as it could be. I seriously DGAF if my iPhone 4 got iOS6 at the same time as the iPhone 5/4S. It's not even the same! Then there are 4S only apps or 4 and 4S only apps. The same fragmentation applies to iOS as it does to Android, just in much smaller numbers(iPhone 2G/3G/3GS/4/4S/5 - you get the idea here). App quality is poor among a ton of iPhone apps. Blurriness, tons of closing out to the homescreen on iOS 5, etc. - not at all what it's cracked up to be. Then Android has a much better selection of replacement apps of which iPhone does not really have at all such as web browsers, music players, messaging apps. I for one loathe Mobile Safari. It's not all that it's cracked up to be for functionality. I use Chrome and Opera Mobile/Mini (which is NOT as good as it is on Android for the simple fact that you can't open links with it without being jailbroken) and love the choice of having them open my links.
    Bye!

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So, if and when a Android user wants to post a useful, honest comment for the OP, that would be great. We will have to wait I guess.
    You won't have to wait too long. I've always been happy with android. What Kies said makes sense.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    Do it. You can always switch back if you don't like it.
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveanderson13 View Post
    You won't have to wait too long. I've always been happy with android. What Kies said makes sense.
    Well, that's good then. Android can be a great platform and lots of intelligent people use it. I am sure those are the ones the OP wanted to hear from.

And I actually agree with Kies. iOS can be boring and Android can have more of a wild west excitement as a platform. I am becoming a boring old man, well into my 30's (actually almost out of them). Other's like a phone that lift's their skirt, so to speak, while that isn't a big deal for me. I don't look at my phone the same way I look at my PC, while others do. Customizability and being able to tweak just isn't important to me, so that won't ever be a selling point for me.

Device(s)
    Nokia lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Sure, and what he got was a vague car comparison, a post from geminiIII devoid of any actual content or experience and a couple posts from you, who has shown a history of exaggerations and being liberal with the truth. So, if and when a Android user wants to post a useful, honest comment for the OP, that would be great. We will have to wait I guess.

Let's examine your post. Did you really buy an iP4S for your son? Your son's are what, 7 and 13, one with autism? Which one did you buy such an expensive toy for? You were posting on another forum looking to get a deal on a used iPad for the autistic boy because he enjoyed it at the clinic but it was too expensive for you to afford. So, you struggled with whether to buy a useful tool for your special needs son but bought the other one an expensive toy? I don't know if that passes the smell test, but I suppose it could be the truth.

I am sorry, but I don't find your posts to be worth reading and try not to respond to them. You've shown a history of not always being truthful (I can post the best examples if you like) and that is troubling. If you have to bend the truth to make your point, it isn't a point worth making. I'm not trying to be mean. Just trying to understand why you post the stuff you do.
    And then gets an answer with no thoughts on why is ios is good from you other than the typical lemming response "it just works". Right on.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Adams View Post
    And then gets an answer with no thoughts on why is ios is good from you other than the typical lemming response "it just works". Right on.

Actually, if we are speaking honestly, that isn't what I said. You could boil it down to that, for simplicity sake, but I actually went into some detail about that means for me.

Notice though, that there was no need for me to lie in my post. See the difference that makes?

Device(s)
    Nokia lumia 1020
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Actually, if we are speaking honestly, that isn't what I said. You could boil it down to that, for simplicity sake, but I actually went into some detail about that means for me.

Notice though, that there was no need for me to lie in my post. See the difference that makes?
    I don't lie either. you just decide you are superior by working for apple. indirectly of course. but lets call a spade a spade. you are somewhat bias considering Mr cook pays the bills. you said in another post that you help design the functions of siri. or was that a lie?

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast