Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Android user thinking of being a Traitor

Carrier(s)
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score

Android user thinking of being a Traitor

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkwyde View Post
    No, not in mobile or Mac Safari. The mobile Safari RSS reader was powered by .Mac which no longer exists. The RSS feature was additionally pulled from iOS 6 and Mountain Lion, but the Windows version might still have it since it hasn't been updated since 5.1.7.

Also, the OP specifically asked for Google Reader support. Safari's RSS feature has never had that, although as a browser it can access the mobile version of the Google Reader website.
    Feedly is a great independent RSS app with Google Reader support. It's available for both Android OS and iOS.
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by primetechv2 View Post
    Hate the sin not the sinner. although given how much of a total jerk Steve Jobs was his entire life, I doubt it's proper to even blindly commend him for his work. He's dead now and is taking basically the entire fortune with him, while people like Bill Gates are at least trying philanthropy even before they die.

What if trolls... are right sometimes?
    See this kind of fanboyish trolling is what is stupid to me. I have always believed it foolish to comment on some personality if you never met said person or even spent any time with them.

However with that said I have made a decision for this upgrade I am staying with Android and specifically upgrading to a Samsung Galaxy S III (and a Nexus 7 32gb vs a iPad Mini) due to cost and features.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by tjb122982 View Post
    See this kind of fanboyish trolling is what is stupid to me. I have always believed it foolish to comment on some personality if you never met said person or even spent any time with them.

However with that said I have made a decision for this upgrade I am staying with Android and specifically upgrading to a Samsung Galaxy S III (and a Nexus 7 32gb vs a iPad Mini) due to cost and features.
    Oh that's sad, at least go with a nexus 4, and nexus 7. Keep it pure all the way.

Feedback Score
    I was. There is no comparison. Hope full with the iPhone 5 there will be

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    Samsung SGS II i9100 /Note 2 N7100/Nokia 6126
    Carrier(s)
    ATT since before they went Orange....
    Feedback Score
    As a fairly long time Android user, I am have been thinking about switching over to iOS just to see what the fuss is. However, I was curious what major differences would I see. Also, any former Android users experiences would be greatly appreciated.
    My first and last experience with iPhone was the 3GS. and that was after a slew of Nokias. The Samsung Captivate sucked but I saw the future opportunies with Androids (in particular, Samsung) and today they are realized and have passed OS6. I was given a iPad by my work and hate it. I use my Note 2 instead.

My buddy at Best Buy said it best. If you come in with an iPhone and want to try an Android you may not like it. The same is applied in reverse far more often. Android owners get the iPhone and suddenly realize they are shackled into a slick ecosystem and better like it. Jail breaking an iphone is not even close to what the myriad of custom ROMs brings to the Android party.

The major difference is there is no single ecosystem with Android. One can use Google which is the easiest but NOT closed and censored. Samsung also has its own AND OR you can choose ATT and all this is available on a stock device. No iTunes. no PC needed at all. One can sync using BT, or US mass storage, or just take an SD card and put your content on it and pop it in the phone.

I have an iouch that has not been used since the SGS II i9100 came out...... Oh and if like me you use International devices you get far more ROMS to choose from and can remain on ATT's UL data plan which is not a problem if you will not be getting LTE for a year or two. I would rather have unlimited 3G+ than limited LTE anyway.
    SMART PHONE TEST
    ATT since before Cingular
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    GT-N7100

Omega v7.2 JB - 4.1.2 XXDLJ2

Kernel: XXDLJ2
    Modem: XXDLJ2

64GB Sandisk class 6

Ebay-Tombo7777
    Previous, N82,N95-2,N95-4, N97 iPhone 3GS, Captivate, SGSII i9100, ATT Note SGH-i777 Sold $475 Note N7000 Sold $340

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I would if
    1. they had an SD Card slot
    2. One could change out the battery

Too much like an iPhone.

The advantage of the Samsung is that you can get the pure AKOP vanilla ROMS or the TW ROMS. More choices.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Do some research on the Nexus 7. The BT stack is whacked on 4.2 I was going for the 32GB version as well and decided to get the P3100 Tab 2 7 and be able to swap my ATT SIM card it it and use it as a phone and 3G device now and them

The extra performance on paper in the Nexus is only a plus if you are a gamer. In that case its the best 7" choice right now.

Device(s)
    OnePlus One 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    imo there's no such thing as being a traitor. Its human nature to try new things. You dont drive the same car all your life. Why should you use the same phone.
    $50 Unlimited local calling + Unlimited LD US/Canada + Unlimited TXT US/Canada
    $30 6Gb Smartphone Data Plan
    $14 Value pack

Feedback Score
    Well I got tired on waiting on Wirefly to get more Galaxy S III's so I cancelled my order and I am going to buy something on Sunday when I got shopping. However I some issues and concerns.

1. Warranty Replacement: With a Galaxy S III after the one year warranty or I accidentally I am screwed and have to pay the $200 to Asurion but with an iPhone 5 and Apple Care I am covered for two years. One point for Apple.

2. Software Updates: as some of you may have mentioned there is no mystery about updates. Everyone will know when iOS 7 will be coming. Also it seems like on iOS you can keep your devices longer because you can keep on updating. For example you can still update a iPhone 3GS which came out in 2009 but I can't get an update for my Droid Charge that I have only had for 18 months. One point for iOS.

3. There are streaming sports apps (which seem questionable) on Google Play. Are there similar apps on iOS devices?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Well I got tired on waiting on Wirefly to get more Galaxy S III's so I cancelled my order and I am going to buy something on Sunday when I got shopping. However I some issues and concerns.
    There are rumours of a new 6.3" Galaxy Note coming. You could always hold out for that

1. Warranty Replacement: With a Galaxy S III after the one year warranty or I accidentally I am screwed and have to pay the $200 to Asurion but with an iPhone 5 and Apple Care I am covered for two years. One point for Apple.
    Keep in mind that AppleCare+ costs $99 up front and $49 per incident for accidental damage replacement. Apple is still head a shoulders above Samsung with in-warranty service but keep the costs in mind before awarding 'points'.

2. Software Updates: as some of you may have mentioned there is no mystery about updates. Everyone will know when iOS 7 will be coming. Also it seems like on iOS you can keep your devices longer because you can keep on updating. For example you can still update a iPhone 3GS which came out in 2009 but I can't get an update for my Droid Charge that I have only had for 18 months. One point for iOS.
    Indisputable.

3. There are streaming sports apps (which seem questionable) on Google Play. Are there similar apps on iOS devices?
    Do you have examples?
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

There's definitely streaming sports apps for iOS, at least of the official variety. MLB At Bat, NFL Mobile (at least for Verizon, since there's a deal between the two) and an ESPN app are the examples I know off-hand.

Device(s)
    SG Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    TL; DR:

I started on Android with the HTC EVO 4G WiMAX (after comming from Windows Mobile 5.0 - which I still kidna miss) and recently switched to iPhone5...

I'm planning to switch back...

But before you start commenting, let me specify, it's ONLY because there is no JB for the iPhone5 and many people are saying ther will never BE a jailbreak for the 5 and possibly never be another one at all.

I LOVE my iPhone5, I really, really, really wish I could stick with it, but there are a few key features I need that only come with a jailbreak. IF a jailbreak appears before I get my new phone, I'm sticking with it.

If you dont need a JB and will never need a JB, that's another story. The whole reason I went to iPhone was media, and I must say I'm thrilled with it. iTunes works great, the hardware provides superb sound, and the auto-wifi-sync makes adding media a snap (add it to my iTunes library and either hit "sync" or wait overnight and it's on my phone (and iPad) Not tomention the essentially point-and-click to view videos from my iPhone on my apple TV (or stream them over the network using Air Video) Also, stability and voice quality are FAR better on my iPhone than on my old EVO (which I'm using as a WiFi VoIP device - and it reboots randomly 1-2 times a day even after full wipe and 2 different ROMs --- but then it's also over 2 years old, it could be a hardware problem)

As I've said on other forums (and I think on here too) Android is a workhorse for data-crunching, it beats iOS paws-down, but Apple is the Media King - if you want your media in it's peak performance, you want an iDevice... (unfortunately with the JB situation, that media now comes at a high cost)
    "Thank you for helping us, help you, help us all" - GLaDOS, PORTAL

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T. S. Eliot

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelian View Post
    There's definitely streaming sports apps for iOS, at least of the official variety. MLB At Bat, NFL Mobile (at least for Verizon, since there's a deal between the two) and an ESPN app are the examples I know off-hand.

Well I found several examples on Google Play:

1. Sports Live Stream

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dHJlYW1hcHAiXQ..

The others like Watch NFL games streaming which I had originally found are now gone per the URL cannot be found. This leads me to believe that Google Play is not as open as it claims to be.

Feedback Score
    I found the specific app I was looking at the other night.

1. Watch NFL Live Sports

http://www.appbrain.com/app/watch-nf...livestream.wkr

2. Sports TV Live

http://www.appbrain.com/app/sports-l...sportslive.wkr

I found these apps on another market which leads me to a decision: I am sticking with Android. I couldn't do this with iOS.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score

I found the specific app I was looking at the other night.

1. Watch NFL Live Sports

http://www.appbrain.com/app/watch-nf...livestream.wkr

2. Sports TV Live

http://www.appbrain.com/app/sports-l...sportslive.wkr

I found these apps on another market which leads me to a decision: I am sticking with Android. I couldn't do this with iOS.
    If you know the stream URL, you can cut and paste it into an iOS app such as Buzz Player, also available for Android OS, and watch it there. There is no need for a specialized app just for a feed.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast