Thread: Please Help - Duped into trading for Xperia Play with broken SD Card Reader

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Please Help - Duped into trading for Xperia Play with broken SD Card Reader

Hi all,

I was the victim of a scam artist when I traded my mint Blackberry 9810 (Torch II) for an Xperia Play with a broken SD card reader. I was ok with the trade had the phone been fully operational; however on this particular phone it's pretty well useless without an SD card. (Yes I tested everything, except the SD card reader when I met the guy) The basic Android OS, and apps work properly - but it has a whopping 300MB of storage on board for apps, and the "Play" games won't start, and add insult to injury by asking you to insert a memory card. Not to mention, the phone is pretty heavy due to the added hardware for the game controller, which is only acceptable if the thing is useful

The dude is long gone, and his last text message to me told me to "move on, sorry."

I need help - either I need to find someone who can fix the SD card reader, or I need to find someone who either wants to purchase the thing for parts, or to repair themselves.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jay

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Does no one know of any repair shops/individuals in the GTA (or York Region) that would even look at something like this?

*bump*

Feedback Score
    You could try contacting sony because the phone might have some sort of manufacturer warranty, if not they might be able to help you find out where, if not you could try going to a pc repair shop and ask them if they could help, if not where would help you?