Thread: Unlocked ATT Motorola Backflip on Vodafone UK?

Feedback Score

Unlocked ATT Motorola Backflip on Vodafone UK?

I just bought a used Backflip for travel. I'm handing this thing over to my wife before she heads off to Scotland next week and I wanted to gather some info on it before she hits the local vodafone store for a SIM.

I know this thing includes a bunch of ATT junk on it and specifically some weird mess called "Motoblur". Does anyone know of any gotchas involved with getting this thing on the Vodafone prepaid network? I don't have the phone in-hand yet (arrives monday), but from reading up a bit, it sounds like it's very carrier-specific, which worries me.

Feedback Score
    you can't never unlock the phone if you take the phone in UK, you need to unlock it from USA itself then bring to UK to use it.. this companies plays games with us so where ever you go you need to buy a new phone in each country.. that is strange