Page 95 of 123 FirstFirst ... 45 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1838

Thread: Lycamobile coming to the U.S. and Canada

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcamp View Post
    I believe when the sim first registers, it communicates and sends some information to their servers in the UK. Regardless, they should have disclosed that.
    My two never did that.

Sent from my Fantastic Galaxy S2

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    I just activated my LycaMobile SIM card and added a $10 PIN to it on the PAYGo plan. Over the span of 3 hours after I activated it, there were 6 SMS messages that were charged to the account at 12 cents a piece. In the "Called Number" column, they all show a number starting with 4475374102 and ending with different 2-digits. I know that 44 is the UK Country Code, but I did not send any UK texts/SMS's. There haven't been anymore since last night. Is this a normal part of the set up process? I know that my phone received a few welcome texts, but why are they being charged at 12 cents? If that's true, that's pretty obnoxious. I'm already down almost 10% of my amount and I haven't even sent any legitimate calls or texts yet.
    I'll guess that you activated an iPhone, and that this was iMessage trying to activate itself. If so, this is an iPhone / iMessage problem, and you could try to search HoFo for similar complaints and solutions, because I don't remember what the solution was. If that's not it, hopefully somebody more knowledgeable can help.
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min-1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1-2013-2016
    Selectel Flex-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM-2016-
    T-Mo-Data-2017-
    3-2018-

Ericsson AF738 Jul99-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcamp View Post
    I believe when the sim first registers, it communicates and sends some information to their servers in the UK. Regardless, they should have disclosed that.
    That didn't happen to me when I first used my Lycamobile SIM in my Incredible 2. What makes you think that happens?

Device(s)
    Moto X 2015
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    It was an iPhone 4S that I put the LycaMobile SIM card in and I did receive a message about being charged SMS rates for iMessage but I thought this was the normal warning. I have Cellular Data turned off on the iPhone. That's pretty obnoxious. I did Google the issue and it appears it's an issue with iMessage and not specific to Lyca.

I hope iMessage is done trying to phone home.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    It was an iPhone 4S that I put the LycaMobile SIM card in and I did receive a message about being charged SMS rates for iMessage but I thought this was the normal warning. I have Cellular Data turned off on the iPhone. That's pretty obnoxious. I did Google the issue and it appears it's an issue with iMessage and not specific to Lyca.

Yes, that is a pretty poor system Apple uses. But like you said, hopefully your iPhone is done with that now!

Feedback Score

New wording in regards to sim deactivation

Although it is hard to distinguish between the new 3.4 and 3.4.1, the end result is still time. 90 days of no outbound activity instead of the previous 120 days.

OLD

3.4 If you do not use your SIM Card to make a voice call, or send a message or data, or if you do not purchase a top-up using the Top-Up Services, for a period of ninety (90) days from the date you registered or activated your Account or your last use of the Services (whichever is later), Lycamobile will contact you by SMS or e-mail advising you that your SIM Card will be deactivated. Lycamobile will then provide you with an additional thirty (30) days to make a voice call, send a message or data, or purchase a top-up using the Top-Up Services.

NEW

3.4 If you do not use your SIM Card to make a voice call, or send a message or data, or if you do not purchase a top-up using the Top-Up Services, for a period of forty (40) days from the date you registered or activated your Account or your last use of the Services (whichever is later), Lycamobile will contact you by SMS or e-mail advising you that your SIM Card will be deactivated unless you make a voice call, send a message or data, or purchase a top-up using the Top-Up Services within fifty (50) days.

3.4.1 If you do not use your SIM Card to make a voice call, or send a message or data, or if you do not purchase a top-up using the Top-Up Services, for a period of sixty (60) days from the date you registered or activated your Account or your last use of the Services (whichever is later), Lycamobile will contact you by SMS or e-mail advising you that your SIM Card will be deactivated. Lycamobile will then provide you with an additional thirty (30) days to make a voice call, send a message or data, or purchase a top-up using the Top-Up Services before your SIM card will be deactivated.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan Edogawa View Post
    Although it is hard to distinguish between the new 3.4 and 3.4.1, the end result is still time. 90 days of no outbound activity instead of the previous 120 days.

OLD
    3.4 If you do not use your SIM Card to make a voice call, or send a message or data, or if you do not purchase a top-up using the Top-Up Services, for a period of ninety (90) days from the date you registered or activated your Account or your last use of the Services (whichever is later), Lycamobile will contact you by SMS or e-mail advising you that your SIM Card will be deactivated. Lycamobile will then provide you with an additional thirty (30) days to make a voice call, send a message or data, or purchase a top-up using the Top-Up Services.

NEW
    3.4 If you do not use your SIM Card to make a voice call, or send a message or data, or if you do not purchase a top-up using the Top-Up Services, for a period of forty (40) days from the date you registered or activated your Account or your last use of the Services (whichever is later), Lycamobile will contact you by SMS or e-mail advising you that your SIM Card will be deactivated unless you make a voice call, send a message or data, or purchase a top-up using the Top-Up Services within fifty (50) days.

3.4.1 If you do not use your SIM Card to make a voice call, or send a message or data, or if you do not purchase a top-up using the Top-Up Services, for a period of sixty (60) days from the date you registered or activated your Account or your last use of the Services (whichever is later), Lycamobile will contact you by SMS or e-mail advising you that your SIM Card will be deactivated. Lycamobile will then provide you with an additional thirty (30) days to make a voice call, send a message or data, or purchase a top-up using the Top-Up Services before your SIM card will be deactivated.
    Oh, that's an IMPORTANT change! Thanks for pointing it out, Conan Edogawa!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Oh, that's an IMPORTANT change! Thanks for pointing it out, Conan Edogawa!
    I am glad I actually use mine rather than just stick it in a drawer and forget about it.
    I don't really see the point in having a phone I don't use.

Sent from my Fantastic Galaxy S2

Feedback Score

I had this happen to me too along with accidentally leaving cellular data on through an iOS restore, setup and activation so getting started with pay as you go did have a $5 learning curve for me. I toggled iMessage off and back on and selected cancel/no to the popup asking to use SMS to activate and it stopped prompting and billing me those $0.12 messages. Downside is this results in your phone number not being associated with iMessage.

Feedback Score
    I just found my LycaMobile SIM in a drawer. I haven't had any activity (in/outbound, top up) in over 6 months. To my surprise it fired right up and still had the previous balance. I was expecting it to be deactivated. Unfortunately, I stuck it in an old iPhone and got dinged with data charges every 15 minutes (iMessage?) b/c I forgot to disable mobile data.

I wanted to check how my data was being rounded and I was bummed to see that my usage still shows full 1cent charges and not fractions. Every session I had was rounded to a penny.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up on the minimum activity. The change sucks but does not affect my mom's account. I went with them for the 2˘/min. I guess too many people were stuffing the phones in the glove box and Lyca was burning through phone#s too fast.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weaseltraps View Post
    I just found my LycaMobile SIM in a drawer. I haven't had any activity (in/outbound, top up) in over 6 months. To my surprise it fired right up and still had the previous balance. I was expecting it to be deactivated. Unfortunately, I stuck it in an old iPhone and got dinged with data charges every 15 minutes (iMessage?) b/c I forgot to disable mobile data.

I wanted to check how my data was being rounded and I was bummed to see that my usage still shows full 1cent charges and not fractions. Every session I had was rounded to a penny.
    It has been reported that although the activity log shows 1 cent usage per data session, that the balance doesn't actually decrease that much. Did you happen to notice if your balance actually decreased by the same amount of 1 cent charges showing on your log?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    It has been reported that although the activity log shows 1 cent usage per data session, that the balance doesn't actually decrease that much. Did you happen to notice if your balance actually decreased by the same amount of 1 cent charges showing on your log?
    You may be right. My balance is 1.3090 which means that fractions of cents were consumed. Man, I left that iphone alone for just a couple hours with wifi on and still have 25 pages of data sessions.

Carrier(s)
    NONE
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I am glad I actually use mine rather than just stick it in a drawer and forget about it.
    The cat runs off with mine and I forget about it.
    I don't really see the point in having a phone I don't use.
    For emergencies. No traffic is good traffic.

I've spent a storming 4˘ on my $10 load from last year.
    "o\b&O}{eq$9-J?*D"fRi~Bg<>2m]Vp&!Qh:Z^{\(-LQpGQh.1A0I-vG^fh+c^)

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weaseltraps View Post
    You may be right. My balance is 1.3090 which means that fractions of cents were consumed. Man, I left that iphone alone for just a couple hours with wifi on and still have 25 pages of data sessions.
    Yeah. Maybe take note of the balance, and then see how the balance changes in comparison to the 1 cent charges in the log. Lycamobile really needs to fix that, if it's doing what we think it's doing!

Page 95 of 123 FirstFirst ... 45 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast