Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Phone
    Samsung U740
    Carrier
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchoo View Post
    Most Android fans ALWAYS bashed Apple/iPhone regardless of that verdict against Samsung. This just gave them "credibility" to do so in their eyes.

If it had been Samsung suing Apple for example the same Android fans would be gloating that Apple had been ripping off Samsung the whole time. It really makes no difference to us either way. Some people like Android, some people like iOS. It's really no big deal.
    Of course some will like Android and some will like IOS. The stupid thing to do though is to like one just to spite the other (this goes both ways). As I said before i would switch to iOS in a second if they came out with a better product (for me) but they havent. To be honest I really dont know how a person could use both and come out feeling iOS was the better experience... keep in mind that most people who claim to have used both actually mean that they played with a friends for 2 minutes and didnt like the way the home screen icon looked so immediately blew it off entirely. My gf has had her iPhone for a while and back when I had a Blackberry I used her phone a fair bit and was honestly strongly considering an iPhone. However being a tech I loved the open source of Android (if you CHOOSE to do so) so I took a chance. I expected things to be much more even but my GNex immediately won me over (for many of the same reasons mentioned in the 5 part video series mentioned above). I'm sure the gf will get an iPhone 5 and I certainly wont stop her... in fact I will likely play with a bunch as well to see what its like and if I prefer it to my GNex (given what we've been told i highly doubt that) I would switch in a second. My money goes where the best product is (again... for me... this is my preference) as brand loyalty just stats stupid arguments and makes people choose inferior products just to spite another

Feedback Score
    Well, just ordered the iPhone this morning. Looking forward to another 2 years of trouble-free operation.

Phone
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by P Nut View Post
    Well, just ordered the iPhone this morning. Looking forward to another 2 years of trouble-free operation.
    congratulation! enjoy it my friend.
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Phone
    iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone XS Max (soon!)
    Carrier
    Freedom mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchoo View Post
    Most Android fans ALWAYS bashed Apple/iPhone regardless of that verdict against Samsung. This just gave them "credibility" to do so in their eyes.

If it had been Samsung suing Apple for example the same Android fans would be gloating that Apple had been ripping off Samsung the whole time. It really makes no difference to us either way. Some people like Android, some people like iOS. It's really no big deal.
    Exactly. I really despise the "holier than thou" attitude many of the anti apple people have.

Personally I would pick an idevice over an android or WP in a heartbeat. I'm invested in the ecosystem, but outside of that I just like consistency, stability and the flexibility it provides.

Sure widgets are cool, sure there's a lot of stuff you can access and customize, and I think everyone knows how easy it into pirate on an android device, but there are ZERO phones out there with the build quality of the iPhone. It's sleek, awesome and simply gorgeous. And with the AppleCare +, I'll be buying a slim case to provide me a bit of protection, but without taking away from the beauty of the phone like my current Otterbox case does for me.

Next Friday can't come soon enough. I really hope Telus is on the ball with their shipments and I get a few bites on my extra iPhones I purchases. I won't make a truckload of money, but it will balance the cost at least!

Phone
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
    Exactly. I really despise the "holier than thou" attitude many of the anti apple people have.

Personally I would pick an idevice over an android or WP in a heartbeat. I'm invested in the ecosystem, but outside of that I just like consistency, stability and the flexibility it provides.

Sure widgets are cool, sure there's a lot of stuff you can access and customize, and I think everyone knows how easy it into pirate on an android device, but there are ZERO phones out there with the build quality of the iPhone. It's sleek, awesome and simply gorgeous. And with the AppleCare +, I'll be buying a slim case to provide me a bit of protection, but without taking away from the beauty of the phone like my current Otterbox case does for me.

Next Friday can't come soon enough. I really hope Telus is on the ball with their shipments and I get a few bites on my extra iPhones I purchases. I won't make a truckload of money, but it will balance the cost at least!
    You talk **** about people bashing and then...
    And in which sense is the Phone 5 built better then the HTC One S?

Phone
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Wow, you sound like yourself!

Phone
    Verizon iPhone 5S 32GB
    Carrier
    Cricket (R.I.P. AIO)
    Feedback Score
    I have another reason to be bitter towards Apple - my 1st gen iPad isn't getting IOS 6, but that old turd the 3GS is. This isn't my first rodeo and I'm familiar with how technology progresses, but not releasing IOS 6 for hardware that is clearly capable of running it is just a slap in the face. Will I buy a non-Apple product out of spite? Damn right I will! Mark my words, my next tablet will be running Android.

Phone
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Fido, RedPocket, Kolbi
    Feedback Score
    I was up waiting at 2:30EST/11:30PDT and put my alarm on for 20 minutes from then just to put my head down.. slept through the damn iphone alarm!!!!!

Woke up at 5am though so I've got second shipment but what a piss off!
    Current arsenal: iPhone 5S 16GB / 13" Retina Macbook Pro 2.5ghz 8GB ram / iPad 2 WIFI 16GB / Apple TV 2 / Slingbox Solo / Acer Aspire Z5610 touchscreen all-in-one / Acer Aspire netbook

Fallen soldiers: iPhone 5 16GB / iPhone 4S 16GB / iPhone 4 16GB / iPhone 3G 8GB / BlackBerry Pearl 8100 / Motorola L6 SLVR / Nokia 5190, 3390, 8390, 3220 / Ericsson T18z / Mitsubishi G310 / Motorola C333 / Sony Ericsson T237

Phone
    Carrier
    Freedom mobile
    Feedback Score
    My point ALL ALONG was peolple who hate apple making their way into here and bashing the new iPhone.

As for my comments, do you notice the thread they're in? I didn't wander into an android thread and post them, I commented here. And did you read my comment? I praised android for all that it could do. And then stated what pretty much any person will agree on, the BUILD quality of the iPhone, the unibody frame with precision everything IS a feat. I have yet to see a non Apple phone feel the way an iPhone does. I'm not talking about the break ability of the glass screens, when it comes right down to it, the aluminum unibody construction is fantastic.

I have yet to hold in my hands another android phone that feels as high a quality as the iPhone. That's not saying the screen on the phones isn't better, or that there aren't extra features on it, but they have to sacrifice something to do that. They're generally plastic, or lower quality non unibody metal frames.

And hey, if you like plastic more, that's fine by me. But as a prior apple hater looking in, I was astonished at the difference in feel.

So go ahead, overreact if you want. But maybe read what I wrote again and think before you post, m'kay?

Phone
    Carrier
    Freedom mobile
    Feedback Score
    One thing I'd like to add... Android users can no longer tout flash. Sure, it existed in a half supported way, but the fact that Adobe has dropped support for it on android devices! That it is no longer being designed to support new phones... You can't call on that for leverage any more. Flash on non laptop devices is a thing of the past.

But regardless, this is still an iPhone thread about the iPhone. I still find it funny that every apple thread is filled with people bashing apple, but rarely are android threads EVER invaded by Apple people. Someone tell me, why is that?

Phone
    Verizon iPhone 5S 32GB
    Carrier
    Cricket (R.I.P. AIO)
    Feedback Score
    One thing I'd like to add... Android users can no longer tout flash. Sure, it existed in a half supported way, but the fact that Adobe has dropped support for it on android devices!
    I think both iOS and Android users wanted to see flash die. But some web developers still haven't gotten the memo and Android losing flash support basically just sucks. It is likely though, that if there's enough demand someone will hack together a sideloadable solution.

I have yet to see a non Apple phone feel the way an iPhone does.
    (looks at iPhone 4)... Looks like an OtterBox. (picks it up) Feels like an Otterbox. (sniff, sniff) Smells like one too.

My hat's off to you if you're brave, or foolish enough to let your iPhone go naked, but I have tile floors and no interest in doing my own accidental torture tests - even if I do only use the thing as a glorified iPod Touch. The iPhone 4/4S is surprisingly slippery without a case and feels like an accident waiting to happen. Besides the protection factor of a case, some people seem to buy them as fashion statements or just because they like the way they look.

Apple can blather on and on about their machining process and their build quality, but ultimately it will end up in some injection molded piece of plastic because the person who bought it likes skulls.
    Last edited by gotanmp3; 09-14-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: typo

Phone
    Carrier
    Freedom mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotanmp3 View Post
    I think both iOS and Android users wanted to see flash die. But some web developers still haven't gotten the memo and Android losing flash support basically just sucks. It is likely though, that if there's enough demand someone will hack together a sideloadable solution.
    But there's no official support.

And "no flash ha ha we have it" was spread through EVERY apple thread from the moment Android had access to it. Look a few pages back, it's still used as an argument as why Android is better. As for a hack, it won't happen. If Adobe themselves can't muster the energy to put together a completely efficient mobile flash, I highly doubt any other solution will be worth anything. It wasn't on iOS and I can't see that being different on a platform where every phone is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by gotanmp3 View Post
    (looks at iPhone 4)... Looks like an OtterBox. (picks it up) Feels like an Otterbox. (sniff, sniff) Smells like one too.

My hat's off to you if you're brave, or foolish enough to let your iPhone go naked, but I have tile floors and no interest in doing my own accidental torture tests - even if I do only use the thing as a glorified iPod Touch. The iPhone 4/4S is surprisingly slippery without a case and feels like an accident waiting to happen. Besides the protection factor of a case, some people seem to buy them as fashion statements or just because they like the way they look.

Apple can blather on and on about their machining process and their build quality, but ultimately it will end up in some injection molded piece of plastic because the person who bought it likes skulls.
    Some people use Otterboxes. I'm one of them because my kids play with it. But my iPhone 5 will go in a much smaller case, and my kids won't touch it. The design has changed, it's no longer a glass back device and that will severely reduce the slip factor. It's already been mentioned many times.

That said, I have yet to have a phone that did well getting dropped onto tile. I've had plastic phones crack to crap falling a few feet.

The fact is now that there is one less glass plate to worry about. As for the screen, it's glass. That's how she rolls. The fact that Apple has the AppleCare+ for $100 and includes 2 incidents of "ah crap my phone went in the toilet" PLUS extending the warranty by a year says a lot about their belief in the device.

And I see countless iPhones either naked or in thin, light protection cases all the time. But I never see any phone, unless it is a $2 flip phone, without a case. Unless they're like me and couldn't find a case because no one wanted to produce them (my touch pro 2)

Phone
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Actually it does still have two pieces of glass on the back.....
    iPhone XS Max | OnePlus 6
    www.blueearlbrewing.com

Phone
    Carrier
    Freedom mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldilocks View Post
    Actually it does still have two pieces of glass on the back.....
    Ah, touchè. Yes it has two teeny pieces of glass for the antenna. But it's a FAR cry from the full glass back. Baby steps!

Feedback Score
    I find this release a ho hum. Nothing about it grabs my attention. I do hate Apple and I think Android is okay. I still think Windows Mobile was the best. But that's my opinion. Quite frankly, I think the haters out there are forgetting that individuals are different. If they want an iPhone, sure why not. I'm not the one living or working with it.

If compared to the previous iPhones, yes, it is a worthy upgrade. But when compared to others, I find it's not offering anything new. But in the end, a person should get what's best for them. Be it an iOS, Android or Windows Phone.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast